Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oklahoma City Bombing

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    I worry this type of thing might happen again if the right wingers keep up their vitriol.
    FFS
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    FFS

^^^^This^^^^^
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

McCourt, if you don't agree with an opinion, please ignore it or express you difference of opinion in a polite way. "FFS" does not get it,

Mc, quoting and agreeing to a post that breaks the rules is against FAD policy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I think there's a difference between "right wingers" (or those who claim to be) and people who are freaking crazy in a delusional and criminal way; like McVeigh. To me, people like McVeigh represent the "right wing" just as people like Jim Jones or David Koresh represent Christianity or religion. McVeigh paid a "fact finding" visit to my area in the early 90's. For whatever reason there was a fenced in compound right beside a major highway that was full of military vehicles painted white. Oddly, most all of the road signs in the area (on the backs of the signs) had writing spray painted on them that, I'll say looked "Arabic". The conspiracy nuts held that it was a staging area for the coming hand over of American law to the UN; thus the vehicles. The road signs were "directions" to the foreign troops who would be policing the streets; don't 'ya know. There is a Seabee base a mile from that compound; if that far; and an Air Force base just a few miles away in Biloxi; military vehicles are not that uncommon in the area' although those did look a tad unusual. Apparently, McVeigh decided that the bigger" threat" was in Oklahoma.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I worry this type of thing might happen again if the right wingers keep up their vitriol.
    The threats of revolution and terrorism you read about in the Canadian papers these days aren't coming from right-wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I think there's a difference between "right wingers" (or those who claim to be) and people who are freaking crazy in a delusional and criminal way; like McVeigh. To me, people like McVeigh represent the "right wing" just as people like Jim Jones or David Koresh represent Christianity or religion. McVeigh paid a "fact finding" visit to my area in the early 90's. For whatever reason there was a fenced in compound right beside a major highway that was full of military vehicles painted white. Oddly, most all of the road signs in the area (on the backs of the signs) had writing spray painted on them that, I'll say looked "Arabic". The conspiracy nuts held that it was a staging area for the coming hand over of American law to the UN; thus the vehicles. The road signs were "directions" to the foreign troops who would be policing the streets; don't 'ya know. There is a Seabee base a mile from that compound; if that far; and an Air Force base just a few miles away in Biloxi; military vehicles are not that uncommon in the area' although those did look a tad unusual. Apparently, McVeigh decided that the bigger" threat" was in Oklahoma.
    He went for low hanging fruit. He didn't care that there was a daycare, credit union and other non threatening employees and customers in the building. They were not warned or given a chance to exit the building.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    He went for low hanging fruit. He didn't care that there was a daycare, credit union and other non threatening employees and customers in the building. They were not warned or given a chance to exit the building.
    Right on. Also...right wingers protect their families, then their friends, then the innocent. They do not massacre them.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Years ago I was a District Manager for a large supplier of big box stores. (This was several years after the bombing) I had several states I had to cover, and one of them was Oklahoma. I hired this woman to merchandise our product in several of the area stores in OKC, and one day we went to a business lunch. I had recently lost a very dear friend in an auto accident and apparently wasn't being myself, which she recognized. (I'm not exactly the quiet type) It was then that she informed me that her daughter, Carrie Lenz was 6 months pregnant when she was killed in the OKC bombing. It took everything I had in me to maintain my composure. The most amazing thing about her was how well she kept herself together as she told me about having to identify her. She is by far the most gracious woman I have ever met! I have yet to make it to the memorial, but it is certainly on my list.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

PBS has a new doc airing tomorrow Tuesday Feb 7 at 9pm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...n-experience-/

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    PBS has a new doc airing tomorrow Tuesday Feb 7 at 9pm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...n-experience-/
    I will make sure and watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    Years ago I was a District Manager for a large supplier of big box stores. (This was several years after the bombing) I had several states I had to cover, and one of them was Oklahoma. I hired this woman to merchandise our product in several of the area stores in OKC, and one day we went to a business lunch. I had recently lost a very dear friend in an auto accident and apparently wasn't being myself, which she recognized. (I'm not exactly the quiet type) It was then that she informed me that her daughter, Carrie Lenz was 6 months pregnant when she was killed in the OKC bombing. It took everything I had in me to maintain my composure. The most amazing thing about her was how well she kept herself together as she told me about having to identify her. She is by far the most gracious woman I have ever met! I have yet to make it to the memorial, but it is certainly on my list.
    Carrie Lenz bio

https://www.survivorsbenefitfund.org...9-456cc62c0e00

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss, and the latter about visiting the memorial is understandable. It sounds like so much trauma collided that day and that takes time to process. The mother sounds like a lovely woman too.

That was a rough watch last night. Stirred lot of things up I thought were safely buried. On personal and professional levels. I think I will need to buy that DVD. The next one on Ruby Ridge looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    That was a rough watch last night. Stirred lot of things up I thought were safely buried. On personal and professional levels. I think I will need to buy that DVD. The next one on Ruby Ridge looks good.
    The lack of remorse on behalf of McVeigh is tough to take.

25th Anniversary today. They have all the Ceremonies in the morning. The bomb went off at 0903.