Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Celebrity Deaths: How they really Died

Bellfire Guest

Mysterious Celebrity Deaths: How they really Died

I kind of get wrapped around this subject alot especially where musicians are concerned.

Ricky Nelson: [Official Report] Died in plane crash; rumor, died as a result of freebasing and caused an explosion that set plane on fire

Jimi Hendrix: [Official Report] Died from inhaling vomit in girlfriends apartment; rumor, died because parometics didn't watch him carefully while transporting him to hospital

Chet Baker: [Official Report] Died from falling out of window; rumor, was pushed out of window

Those are just a few but there are so many more that are facinating.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellfire View Post
    I kind of get wrapped around this subject alot especially where musicians are concerned.

Ricky Nelson: [Official Report] Died in plane crash; rumor, died as a result of freebasing and caused an explosion that set plane on fire

Jimi Hendrix: [Official Report] Died from inhaling vomit in girlfriends apartment; rumor, died because parometics didn't watch him carefully while transporting him to hospital

Chet Baker: [Official Report] Died from falling out of window; rumor, was pushed out of window

Those are just a few but there are so many more that are facinating.
    Hendrix was murdered. His girlfriend wasn't even their when he was found or went to the hospital with him like she said.

They have sworn statements from the paramedics who said he was dead for hours when they found him. Vomit all over the place.

When they went in the door was wide open and no one was there. His girlfriend seemed to blame everyone for his death.

Hendrix was also on a list to be rounded up and placed in a detanment camp in case of a national emergency. Back then the goverement thought rock music was trying to overthrow everything!

candleinthewind Guest
    There was a late night VH1 series about 7 years ago that explored the mysterious deaths of musicians. I can't remember the name of the show but there were about five episodes and it was creepy. They did Kurt Cobain, Jeff Buckley and several others. They also discussed the supposed curse that dooms legends to die at 27.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    They also discussed the supposed curse that dooms legends to die at 27.
    Yeah I sometimes wish that Gram Parsons had lived about two months longer so he could fall into that group (of course it would have been nicer if he could have lived years longer, but what can you do?)

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    Yeah I sometimes wish that Gram Parsons had lived about two months longer so he could fall into that group (of course it would have been nicer if he could have lived years longer, but what can you do?)

Gram was a suicide wasn't it? They are starting that thing up about the former bandmate of the stones who died in 1969 being a murder.

Doctor Dowd was my english /diction teacher and I passed her class with flying colors but I got lost in the downward spiral.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Gram was a suicide wasn't it?
    Gram's death wasn't ruled a suicide - it was an accidental drug and alcohol overdose. "According to Margaret Fisher in the 2005 biography Grievous Angel: An Intimate Biography of Gram Parsons, the amount of morphine consumed by Parsons would not be lethal to an addict and that he had likely overestimated his tolerance considering his past experience with opiates."

But then that isn't really a mystery...just mentioned Gram because of the age thing.
    Last edited by firegilnotguns; 10-08-2007 at 03:49 PM.

miz rosebud Guest
    wow thats a conspiracy if i ever heard one.

motherogod Guest
    I remember a Dateline-like show investigating explosions of airplane air conditioner parts in relation to Rick Nelson's death. Ugh, that sucked. I think he'd still be recording and touring if he was still with us. I choose to believe it was the a/c explosion and not freebasing.

deathybrad Guest
    How would freebasing cause an explosion? No doubt there was some sort of fire onboard. But those planes were made with a lot of magnesium weren't they?

deathybrad Guest
    Does anyone have any opinions about the Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash in 10/77. 30 years next Friday... NTSB makes it pretty clear that the plane was out of fuel. Probably explains why anyone survived.
    Last edited by deathybrad; 10-14-2007 at 02:47 AM.

Freebasing explosison? Look at Ritchard Pryors. It can happen.LOL

deathybrad Guest
    Let's be realistic. There is a difference between an explosion and a flare-up. I'm not doubting that freebasing could have set the plane on fire, but let's not mince words.

b57hrle Guest
    I saw a program that mentioned the theorists on Bob Marley being murdered by being infected with some kind of cancer or something.

candleinthewind Guest
    I've heard that one about Bob Marley but it's probably just his fans trying to make sense of his death.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    Does anyone have any opinions about the Lynard Skynard plane crash in 10/77. 30 years next Friday... NTSB makes it pretty clear that the plane was out of fuel. Probably explains why anyone survived.
    I heard that the plane had a leak in one of the fuel tanks. and when one of the pilots went to transfer the back up fuel in mid air, he accidentally dropped the fuel over the swamp area they were flying over. this came from Artimus Pyle himself. fucked up thing about this whole mess is that a month or so BEFORE the crash, the guy's in Aerosmith were looking at buying that exact plane. but passed when they heard about how banged up and in dire need of repair the plane was.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Richey Edwards "disappearance" has always interested me. He is the guy in my avatar. A drug addict and self-injurer (if you look closely at his arm in the picture you can see it. One day he took some money out of his bank account (roughly $2000) and was never seen again. The Manics have truely never been the same...

Bellfire Guest
    I think that guy from Iron Butterfly was murdered and they covered it up becasue he knew too much.

The Bobby Fuller story always struck me as peculiar. In definately think more happened that they are saying.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

onehunglow Guest

The heater

How would freebasing cause an explosion? No doubt there was some sort of fire onboard. But those planes were made with a lot of magnesium weren't they?
    They were having trouble with the heaters. They turned them off and they think Rick ordered them back on because he was cold. Then they overheated.

HETFIELD Guest
    Yeah but Richard Pryor really didnt freebase, he tried to commit suicide and to cover it up his manager made up the drug story.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Radiohead View Post
    Richey Edwards "disappearance" has always interested me. He is the guy in my avatar. A drug addict and self-injurer (if you look closely at his arm in the picture you can see it. One day he took some money out of his bank account (roughly $2000) and was never seen again. The Manics have truely never been the same...

Tell me more, tell me more!

Suebabe Guest
    Rick Nelson's plane was a fucked as Skynard's/ In fact, the pilot and co=pilot survived and the pilot was heard telling the CP to keep his mouth shut about the heater. Rick's DC-3 had LOTS of magnesium. There is a book about celebrity plane crashes and a LOT of the material is gleaned directly from NTSB reports.

atlantis Guest

about rick nelson

I have written Scott (Michaels) a few times and suggested Rick Nelson for a story. It would be good fodder b/c of all the drama and spaz-nicity surrounding his life. No disrespect intended. I adored Rick (and his twin boys back when Love and Affection was out; now they just look like Ellen Degeneres; WTF?) Anyway, Scott wrote back once and said it had crossed his mind before. But I know he's busy as all get out so maybe one day....

Anyway, I just get the feeling his plane was a piece o' shit and that's why it crashed. I wouldn't have my feelings hurt if they came out and said, yes, they were freebasing. But for some reason, I don't think that was the case.

And Gram Parsons is dead? Maybe I'm thinking he's someone else.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    And Gram Parsons is dead? Maybe I'm thinking he's someone else.
    I think you must be confusing him with someone else...he died more than 34 years ago. Here's a wikipedia page on him just to clarify who he is/was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram_Parsons

otis williams,in the 2nd edition of his temptations bio,said that melvin died from complications from diabetes,to include flesh eating microbes,not passing away quietly in the wheel chair in the kitchen as depicted in the mini series.

I read somewhere that Hendrix's girlfriend committed suicide recently. Probably on FAD.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    buddy holly, richie valens, jim croce, the big bopper, patsy cline, ricky nelson, ron van zant,....who am i leaving out??

dirttrackdemon3 Guest

tell more about this, i find it very interesting!

also, there was local musician named kerry bunrbam(?) from texas that died in a plane crash sometime back in the 90's. i dont even know the name of the guys band, but they was supposed to be as good as nirvana. his plane crashed in northeastern ga. at night. me and some friends went out there a few years ago and came across the site of his crash. there was a sign(hand painted!) hanging on a fence post telling about this guy. we talked to a fella who told us that something happened to the landing gear and caused it to dive. anybody know anything about this guy??

the richey edwards story always interested me. nothing has ever come of it, has it? never found a body or anything? sheesh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by elnoradawn View Post
    the richey edwards story always interested me. nothing has ever come of it, has it? never found a body or anything? sheesh.

I went to fullur up, (It's my little slice of death) because I remebered seeing his name. Not only is it not there but they took out the murder or homiside section that they had at one time. Maybe something else happened after all, sheesh.
    Last edited by Bellfire; 10-13-2007 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Wrong sex Mispelled

Morrissey Guest
    Apparently there is some conspiracy about Elliott Smith being murdered, as opposed to the suicide thing.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Wasn't Richey's car found on a bridge where it was known that many people have jumped off?
    I agree, the Manics never really rebounded after his loss.

SistaSara Guest

Stevie Ray

Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    buddy holly, richie valens, jim croce, the big bopper, patsy cline, ricky nelson, ron van zant,....who am i leaving out??

Stevie Ray Vaughn

GrinReaper Guest
    Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3

Stevie Ray Vaughn

There's also John Denver.

And even though he wasn't a rocker Bill Graham rock promoter died in a hellicopter crash.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Brian Jones founder of the Rolling Stones..Did he really drown or was he murdered?

RoRo Guest
    I wouldn't call John Denver's death mysterious, feel free to disagree but anyone flying in a plane they built themselves is kinda asking for a crash...jmo

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    I wouldn't call John Denver's death mysterious, feel free to disagree but anyone flying in a plane they built themselves is kinda asking for a crash...jmo

Somebody has to build stuff. Everything you get in, on or buy someone has built. Why should he be any more or less capible than anyone else? It's Mysterious because he was going through a depression and at the time sounded like a suicide.

magblax Guest
    Mr. Mojo Risin' ... Jim Morrison

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3

Stevie Ray Vaughn

There's also John Denver.

And even though he wasn't a rocker Bill Graham rock promoter died in a hellicopter crash.
    Aaliya (however it's spelled?)

Reba McEntires entire band

Jim Reeves

Randy Rhodes

Otis Redding
    Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    Brian Jones founder of the Rolling Stones..Did he really drown or was he murdered?
    l'll always believe he was murdered. same with Elliott Smith.

TNpuck Guest
    They've debunked the whole Ricky Nelson freebasing story years ago. There was a wiring or heating problem and the cabin began to fill with smoke. Ricky was found in the rear of the plane holding his wife. He died from smoke inhilation or asphyxiation or something.

Very sad, "Poor Little Fool" is one of my favorites.

RoRo Guest
    Somebody has to build stuff. Everything you get in, on or buy someone has built. Why should he be any more or less capible than anyone else? It's Mysterious because he was going through a depression and at the time sounded like a suicide.
    We will just agree to disagree

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    We will just agree to disagree
    That's so unamerican but....ok lol I just kind of figured that his death was more tragic because of his lifestyle leading up to it. He'd been arrested for drinking and driving, he had spousal abuse charges and he just seemed so sad. I kind of wonder where his head was plus you never know who might have been his adversary. It makes great copy whatever the opinion is and I respect yours even though I may not agree with it.

Jack Raines Guest
    That's so unamerican but....ok lol I just kind of figured that his death was more tragic because of his lifestyle leading up to it. He'd been arrested for drinking and driving, he had spousal abuse charges and he just seemed so sad. I kind of wonder where his head was plus you never know who might have been his adversary. It makes great copy whatever the opinion is and I respect yours even though I may not agree with it.

I'm not trying to be sick (well, okay maybe I am...) but I've heard rumors that they only found select parts of his body, and in fact, Denver's head was never found.

Quote Originally Posted by b57hrle View Post
    I saw a program that mentioned the theorists on Bob Marley being murdered by being infected with some kind of cancer or something.
    One version is that the CIA injected Marley with cancer causing agents in 1976, leading to his death in 1981, as he was considered a dangerous influence in the Third World.

The truth is Marley injured his toe playing football, had it tended to but failed to keep up the suggested health checks. He cancelled part of his 1977 tour because the injury failed to heal.

He developed a melanoma in the toe and the cancer spread to his brain and lungs. Controversially he had sought treatment from Dr Josef Issels in Germany, which is where most of the conspiracy rumours centre on.

monhol Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    I've heard that one about Bob Marley but it's probably just his fans trying to make sense of his death.
    i read bob marly's bio "catch a fire" he knew as a little boy that he was going to die young and at the age of 36. he told his mother all she could do was cry. as an adult he found out he had cancer but he did not seek medical attention because he already knew what was happening.he also kept working. on his 36th birthday he knew it would be his last and his days were numbered. bob was a prophet. he worked with a man by the last name of i believe kong or kang something like that. he produced some of the songs by bob and his group, the man pulled a fast one on them and took most of the money. bob told the man, it is alright because we will work again in the future and this time we will make alot of money but you will not live to see it. sure enough they worked again and the man who was in his 30's went home and had a heart attack died right there. creepy.

RoRo Guest
    (((Bellfire))

Yes that's true, quite a bit of his body wasn't found but as with most crashes a body just doesn't hold together upon impact and since he went into water I would guess the fishies had a nice meal

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    I'm not trying to be sick (well, okay maybe I am...) but I've heard rumors that they only found select parts of his body, and in fact, Denver's head was never found.

wraith Guest

Rick Nelson

Mostly aluminum, not magnesium. The aircraft was a DC-3. It was an old aircraft (production: 1936-1947) at the time of Rick Nelson's 12-31-85
    fatal crash. When well maintained, however, the DC-3 remained a very servicable aircraft. Hundreds are still in commercial use as of 2007; it's a relaible workhorse, if properly maintained.

The gossipy "freebasing" story is an urban legend. It was determined that the cabin heater, which was often troublesome in the DC-3, ignited filling the passenger cabin with smoke. Everyone in the passenger cabin perished. The pilot and co-pilot survived in the cockpit.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    tell more about this, i find it very interesting!

also, there was local musician named kerry bunrbam(?) from texas that died in a plane crash sometime back in the 90's. i dont even know the name of the guys band, but they was supposed to be as good as nirvana. his plane crashed in northeastern ga. at night. me and some friends went out there a few years ago and came across the site of his crash. there was a sign(hand painted!) hanging on a fence post telling about this guy. we talked to a fella who told us that something happened to the landing gear and caused it to dive. anybody know anything about this guy??
    Richey Edwards was a strange bird indeed. Complex and truly hated himself. He was in the band Manic Street Preachers. "Holy Bible" is still one of my favorite CDs. There is a ton about him on the internet, as well as a few "fan" sites. The Manics are still around today but will never have what they had when Richey was there. I refuse to say he is dead tho, he is so screwy, he might be able to just disappear and never be found. I am a huge Radiohead fan as well (get "In Rainbows!!!) and the song, "How to disappear completely (and never be found)" was supposively inspired by ol' Richey. He was one of the first (only?) self-injurers who simply didn't care if people knew it or not. He would do it in front of people and on stage. If you look at my avatar, that is Richey, showing off his latest "work" (notice the girl to his left). Fuck man, Richey Edwards...never be another like him, ever!

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Wasn't Richey's car found on a bridge where it was known that many people have jumped off?
    I agree, the Manics never really rebounded after his loss.
    There have been so many stories about Richey that it is hard to discern reality from fiction. I have heard the car story but they never found his body, or the cash.

I prefer to think that he and Jeff Buckley are hanging out together, laughing it all off...
    Last edited by Curtis Radiohead; 10-23-2007 at 12:52 PM.