Page 1 of 36 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Ken & Barbie Killers, Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest

Ken & Barbie Killers, Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka

very interesting story!

"PAUL BERNARDO & KARLA HOMOLKA"

the notorious Canadian serial killer team known as the "Ken and Barbie of Murder and Mayhem." After a highly controversial "Deal with the Devil," the Canadian government was forced to set Karla free. The Canadian government and people are now on a "Karla Watch" to see if she will try to make a quiet life for herself or kill again. A new film exploits her role in the torture and murder of school girls.

HERE

Ruffian Guest
    Oh, gawd. This whole story made me sick at the time. I can't even read about them anymore. I never knew they let Karla go! WTF??? The role she played in what they did to her sister should have been enough to keep her behind bars for life.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    Oh, gawd. This whole story made me sick at the time. I can't even read about them anymore. I never knew they let Karla go! WTF??? The role she played in what they did to her sister should have been enough to keep her behind bars for life.
    i know, it sickening

quotes southpark: blame canada!

J/K J/K i love canada!

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegodeathhag19 View Post

quotes southpark: blame canada!

J/K J/K i love canada!
    mmmm hmmmm

l mentioned these guys in the 'murders happened close to you' (or something) thread. l'm from where all this went down, and drive over lake gibson, where they found leslie, regularly.
    karla's in quebec now and just had a baby boy. she'd be torn to shreds if she came back around here.
    sick monsters.

BabyDoll Guest
    I've just read this case. Sickening.
    What's the most disturbing is the fact that they not only raped and killed strangers (which is disturbing enough) ... no ... they raped and killed Karlas younger sister because Paul was dissapointed that Karla was no virgin anymore. So Karla drugged her sister as a "Christmas present" for Paul. Sick sick sick

Ruffian Guest
    OMG! She procreated???? That poor kid. Can you imagine what his life is going to be like?

OMG! She procreated???? That poor kid. Can you imagine what his life is going to be like?
    seriously. and can you imagine how much respect he's going to have for women if his own mom is a rapist?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDoll View Post
    I've just read this case. Sickening.
    What's the most disturbing is the fact that they not only raped and killed strangers (which is disturbing enough) ... no ... they raped and killed Karlas younger sister because Paul was dissapointed that Karla was no virgin anymore. So Karla drugged her sister as a "Christmas present" for Paul. Sick sick sick
    raped and tortured for days on end. and videotaped the rape and torture.
    l hate them hate them hate them. it's still very fresh in the minds of pretty much everyone around here. a very emotional topic.
    they tore down the house where they tortured and killed. l've seen the new one they built on the site. l couldn't live there!!!

Cemetry Gates Guest
    That's a really sick case. It's one of the few murder stories I saw on TV that really haunted me. Those people were animals!! Horrifying.

Kathyf Guest
    I did not hear of this til now. Horrible people!

endsleigh03 Guest
    This was one case among the serial killer cases, that stayed with me and haunted me for a long time.
    She was directly involved in all of it. And now she's out and breeding. Where is the justice there?

Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    This case was the one that pushed me into Death Hag territory. I was obsessed with it when I first learned of it. Something about Bernardo and Homolka killing one of their victims (or more?) right before going to be with Karla's family just makes my stomach drop. How calm and composed could they have been?

I carnt believe karla offered her kid sister to that monster because he wanted a virgin and she did it out of love sick b***h.
    And to make it worse sedated her with animal sedatives causing her to go in to arrest and die and then says she did not mean it to happen she knew what she was doing i dont care what she pleads.

Bashterd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    mmmm hmmmm

l mentioned these guys in the 'murders happened close to you' (or something) thread. l'm from where all this went down, and drive over lake gibson, where they found leslie, regularly.
    karla's in quebec now and just had a baby boy. she'd be torn to shreds if she came back around here.
    sick monsters.
    I too went through my Karla phase just couldn't believe that 2 people could be so evil her sister for gods sake.

Now for a question Finnegan as you are there, my morbid curiosity gets the better of me here. Karla's family you don't read much about them got any info on that please. As a parent of 3 daughters I have tried to figure out how would I react if one killed the other one. Especially for the reason and manner that they took her sisters life. I absolutely can not imagine how I would react to that. How do you come to tearms with that?????

i can't believe this broad is out and walking among us!!

Ruffian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxojessicaxoxo View Post
    i can't believe this broad is out and walking among us!!
    And reproducing, at that.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    This happens to be one of my pet cases, so to speak. I've written about it here if anyone is interested:

http://thelisalog.blogs.com/the_lisa...homolka_t.html

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    This happens to be one of my pet cases, so to speak. I've written about it here if anyone is interested:

thanks

And reproducing, at that.

QUE HORRIBLE!!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shirazash View Post
    This case was the one that pushed me into Death Hag territory. I was obsessed with it when I first learned of it. Something about Bernardo and Homolka killing one of their victims (or more?) right before going to be with Karla's family just makes my stomach drop. How calm and composed could they have been?
    Pretty calm and composed cause they have ice running thru their veins.

Kareika Guest
    I am originally from Canada and even while I know all the facts and lived through the (lack of) media coverage the mere mention of their names make me SICK.

Karla is WORSE than he is I think.

Kareika Guest

BTW great writing Lisa! I love it and will bookmark it

Jersey Girl Guest
    I had heard a little about this case when it all happened, but I didn't know all of the details. I am also fascinated with true crime. I read your blog about these two... kudos... you're an excellent writer. I bookmarked your blogspot, so I can go back and read some of your other stuff later on.

Bashterd Guest

That was an awesome write up I also bookmark and look forward to reading others. Great job.

Lisamarie Guest
    This had been one of my pet cases too..and for the life of me I cannot understand how cold and heartless this evil woman is . And to think she had a child . Listen to the interview she gave when she got out of prison she is so cold and no remorse whatsoever. She will have to wait to meet her maker. She is and evil, evil woman.

Ruffian Guest
    Can someone tell me how she got out of prison? She should never have walked free again.

i believe she got some kind of deal for assisting prosecutors convict her husband.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashterd View Post
    I too went through my Karla phase just couldn't believe that 2 people could be so evil her sister for gods sake.

Now for a question Finnegan as you are there, my morbid curiosity gets the better of me here. Karla's family you don't read much about them got any info on that please. As a parent of 3 daughters I have tried to figure out how would I react if one killed the other one. Especially for the reason and manner that they took her sisters life. I absolutely can not imagine how I would react to that. How do you come to tearms with that?????
    You know, that is a really good question. I would like to know how you deal with something like that too.

endsleigh03 Guest
    One other thing, is she doing single parenthood or did the father actually marry her?
    I feel so sorry for the child.

Kareika Guest
    Someone actually married her.
    ugh.

endsleigh03 Guest
    You've go to be kidding me. OMG.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Thanks for the compliments.

I know a little bit about some of the questions raised. I have a "secret squirrel".

Karla was released from prison, not paroled. This is significant because a release means she is under no supervision, whereas with a parole, she would be monitored. So, she is completely free, legally at least.

She got the sweet 12 year deal because she agreed to testify against Paul. During her testimony, she blamed the actual killings on Paul and claimed she was his victim as well. She wasn't challenged on this by the prosecution at all. I personally think there is a good chance she is the one who actually committed the murders. Although Paul was a violent rapist, he had never escalated to murder until he and Karla decided to act together. It's interesting speculation since he committed dozens of rapes and was violent with other girlfriends prior to meeting Karla, yet no one turned up dead.

Allegedly, her family has forgiven her and she is close to her surviving sister and her mother, who used to visit her for week-end visits in the family trailers while she was incarcerated. Allegedly, she and her father are not close, he has never really gotten over Tammy's death and isn't in good health.

Allegedly, both parents are very heavy drinkers and have been for years.

Paul apparently has little to no contact with his family. There used to be pictures of him in his cell floating around on the internet, don't know if they are still around.

Morrissey Guest
    I remember first hearing of this case years ago on one of the Autopsy shows...

hoxharding Guest
    She got out of jail and she is a psychologist or something. At least she didn't let the killing of her sister and other people get in way of her education.*gag*

you brought up a couple interesting thoughts mrs watson! but l don't agree that karla killed the girls. many rapists do escalate to murder. and when he was known only as the 'scarborogh rapist,' he didn't need to kill them, whereas he kept leslie and kristen for days in his house, they could obviously identify him and he never had any intention of not killing them.
    plus, there is the matter of him chopping up leslie on videotape, laughing about how much lighter the human head is than he thought it would be.
    but by NO means am l saying anything good about karla. instead of stopping it all, she helped him.

bashterd, l don't have anything to add to mrs. watson's info on karla's family. like she said, the mom and sister were by her through the whole trial. even though they are victims as well, no one really cares about them (or seems to, anyway). l know leslie's parents, like many of missing/murdered kids, have divorced since all the pressure of the case. kristen's parents spent a lot of time fighting successfully to stop the videotapes being released. (though l'm sure as always there's one underground).

l drive by kristen's school, as well as the parking lot where they stole her, often. it's a sinking feeling in the heart. l cannot listen to "superman" by REM. it's what he raped her to on the video.

ManUnitedRedDevil Guest
    Can someone tell me how she got out of prison? She should never have walked free again.
    She made a deal with the prosecutors. At the time the prosecutors believed that her husband was the mastermind of the whole thing and that Karla was basically forced into it. After the deal for a reduced sentence was made tapes that the couple had made of the torture/murder were found. In the tapes it was discovered that Karla was not the victim she had made herself out to be and in fact had ENJOYED what they were doing. Obviously everybody was pissed that she was able to get off so easy, but the deal had already been made. She was very cunning in how she played the prosecutors.

star82 Guest
    Their story made me sick. I read a book on them. WOW. the fact that Karla would "give" her sister Tammi to Paul for Christmas as a present is totally sick. Karla even performed oral sex on her sister.

I can't believe they let her out. I think she is just as guilty as Paul.

Anyone catch the movie "Karla" with Laura Prepon? It was pretty good.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Imagine the awkward holiday family moment when Karla's kid is flipping through a family album...."hey mommy, I didn't know you ever had TWO sisters! What happened to my other aunt"?

endsleigh03 Guest
    [quote=djdeath-hag;46083]Imagine the awkward holiday family moment when Karla's kid is flipping through a family album...."hey mommy, I didn't know you ever had TWO sisters! What happened to my other aunt"?[/quote

Ummm...yeah, exactly.

Elizabeth Guest
    Other than Manson, the sickest murder story *ever* IMHO.....didn't there used to be a "When Will Karla Die?" website predicting her death????

You know they say love is blind...but damn! This was a pretty sick story! I haven't heard about it until now. These are two very sick and demented individuals!!! Ugh!

Sock Puppet Guest
    Karla Homolka was one of the most amoral people to ever live. I have often wondered if she intentionally overdosed Tammy. Paul had become obsessed with Tammy's virginal status and Karla would wear Tammy's clothes and pretend to be Tammy in bed with Paul prior to the murder. By killing Tammy, she both appeased Paul and ensured it would never happen again.

pvezz Guest
    Didn't she cut her deal BEFORE the videotapes surfaced?

I am a huge true crime fan, and no case has ever upset me as much as this one.

Did someone say she has children now?

Sock Puppet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Didn't she cut her deal BEFORE the videotapes surfaced?

I am a huge true crime fan, and no case has ever upset me as much as this one.

Did someone say she has children now?
    Yes. The police were outraged when they found the tapes. Not only did they no longer need Karla's testimony, having better evidence, but the tapes clearly showed that she had lied about her involvement in the murders. However, it was too late; the deal had been struck. Many wish that the deal had never been struck, but if the tapes had not turned up, Karla's testimony would have been all that stood between Paul Bernardo and freedom.

She will get hers. Karma is a bigger bitch than she is.

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    She will get hers. Karma is a bigger bitch than she is.
    so very true!!
    These two make me wanna upchuck!!

natbrat76 Guest
    People like this should just be killed...senseless to keep them in the world.

It's unfortunate legal systems aren't eye for an eye.....

Shes Not There Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Other than Manson, the sickest murder story *ever* IMHO.....didn't there used to be a "When Will Karla Die?" website predicting her death????
    That was probably for Karla Faye Tucker~she was on death row and excuted after a lot of publicity. I could be way wrong, tho. There is a thread on her somewhere.

Lisamarie Guest
    Its a disgusting story and to think she helped him rape not only her own sister but other innocent girls and is now walking free enjoying her baby and her husband...its sick. When I saw her interview on youutube recorder right after she was let out..I could not belive how shallow and how she excused everything putting100% blame on her husband.... she is a horrible person and one day she will have to face her maker and explain why she helped rape and murder young girls and her little sister. In the meantime maybe we all will get lucky and she will get hit by a bus..it would be the best for the child..and what man could have a child and marry such a woman?? He is juts as bad as her.

Lisamarie Guest
    Ialso have heard the police have destroyed the video tapes because there is no reson to have them any longer. Has anyone ever seen any of the video tapes?? I saw a little bit juts some clips really on HBO autopsy show..they also ahd some photos of the victims and the little girl who was put in the cement..another thing about Karla when she was locked up she apparently had affairs with women and men, fashion shows and parties...its sick...shes sick and I hope she gets hers .

found this at: www.riehlworldview.com/.../2005/week22/

Karla Homolka: Triple Teen Murder/Rapist To Go Free
    If the name Karla Homolka sounds familiar to Americans, it should. The Canadian blonde is perhaps most vividly remembered for cavorting in a home made video tape filmed around the rape and murder of her teenage sister Tammy and two other teen victims, Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy.

It's been over a decade since Homolka cut a deal before the horrorific nature of the crimes became apparent as video tapes of the teen's rape, torure and murder suggesting she wasn't the innocent victim of an abusive relationship some had contended emerged. Homolka testified against ex-husband Paul Bernardo as part of the deal.

Homolka's controversial plea bargain with the Crown was made before authorities learned of the horrific images of torture and rape, including an attack on her own sister, caught on videotape and hidden in the couple's southern Ontario home - tapes that also cast a different light on the woman who had portrayed herself as a battered wife acting under duress.

Her release is all but assured with Canadian Attorney General Michael Bryant and civil rights groups arguing the plea bargain must be abided by to preserve the Canadian system of justice.

Human rights supporters say that Homolka has served her time. Still others believe the so-called "deal with the devil" she made with prosecutors must be honoured for the sake of keeping the justice system working.

It seems the best many outraged Canadians can hope for are some restrictions on her upon release.

The restrictions include: reporting to police once a month; staying away from convicted criminals; keeping authorities informed of her travel and a year of therapy. Homolka was visibly upset at a recent hearing when the notion of staying away from other criminals was announced. Along with a lesbian relationship, Homolka has also been maintaining a romantic relationship with another male convicted murderer, Jean-Paul Gerbet while the two have been in prison.

Homolka and Gerbet met at Ste-Anne-des-Plaines, a maximum-security institution north of Montreal during Homolka's stay there between 2001 and 2003. She had been transferred there after the publication of photos of her at a birthday party at the Joliette Institute sparked public outrage.

Morissette also told court Homolka had a lengthy lesbian relationship at Joliette.

This post is also available at Blogger News Network.

Friday, June 03, 2005 at 11:27 PM in News | Permalink | Comments (26) | TrackBack (1)