Thread: Danny Trejo and stuff about him

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi

Danny Trejo and stuff about him

Danny who? Danny Trejo. You've seen him in lots of things, especially if it is associated with Quentin Tarantino or Trejo's cousin, Richard Rodriguez.
    Trejo was born in 1944 and spent most of the 1960's in various prisons for armed robbery and/or drug related offenses. While in prison, he got clean and became a prison boxing champion. After his release, a man working on the movie Runaway Train called Trejo for support after hearing him speak at a Cocaine Anonymous meeting. This led to Trejo working on the film, first as an extra, eventually as Eric Robert's boxing coach. This was the beginning of Trejo's over 20-year run of steady employment in movies and television. Short, muscular, tattoed, with a scarred face, Trejo nearly always plays a bad guy who gets his in the end (although he is the only actor to have appeared in all three of the From Dusk Til Dawn movies. He has also been in the movies Heat, Desperado (as the knife throwing Navajas), Anaconda, Con Air, Spy Kids as well as appearing in episodes of Baywatch and Walker: Texas Ranger.
    Married and the father of three, he and his wife Debbie founded the canine rescue foundation K9 Compassion.

Danny Trejo imdb biography

Danny Trejo wiki article
    Last edited by Ima Sikfuk; 03-13-2009 at 02:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

More Cheese Please Guest

Found the picture above on the K9 Compassion website...I just had to post it here...rings true to me...
    there is a link to the organization's myspace page there too....

What a wonderful story of a life truly turned around for the positive... cool post Ima...

hoxharding Guest
    He also had a small part in an episode of 'Monk' He is or was on my friend's list on Myspace.=)

Roaming Tigress Guest
    He made me cry in his little appearance in Desperate Housewives in it's second season. He played the role of a man that Carlos sent to her from jail to help Gabrielle out when she had a miscarriage. Great actor.

Meli Guest
    He rocks, he is truly a great actor!

I've seen him in lots of movies. And just love it that he cares so much about animals. Make me like him even better.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

More Cheese Please Guest
    Danny Trejo Interview..... cool stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Hcl-v1j0E

Fujicakes Guest
    My favorites are his performances in Bubble Boy and Grindhouse (the trailer for Machete).

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujicakes View Post
    My favorites are his performances in Bubble Boy and Grindhouse (the trailer for Machete).
    There was talk of a Machete movie actually being made, but I have not heard or seen anything more about this. There was a Mexican movie released in 2006 by that name that, but Trejo was not involved in that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

carebearsluv Guest
    He is one of my favorite actors

carebearsluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post
    There was talk of a Machete movie actually being made, but I have not heard or seen anything more about this. There was a Mexican movie released in 2006 by that name that, but Trejo was not involved in that.
    His wiki page says that the Machete movie will be filmed, or out next year.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Recently on my favorite soap The Young and the Restless...

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Tigress View Post
    He made me cry in his little appearance in Desperate Housewives in it's second season. He played the role of a man that Carlos sent to her from jail to help Gabrielle out when she had a miscarriage. Great actor.

I have always liked him.

Don't watch the show much but I remember the scene with the balloon. Really good.

He has a great face, it tells a story. He has quite a history himself. I watched a Netflix docu about him, he has done time in prison and was a hell raiser. The docu got a bit preachy at the end, but it was worth it to hear his story. He is a wonderful actor.

Loved him in Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Vintage_Vixen Guest
    Liked him in xXx....Vin Diesel accuses him of talking with a bad Spanish accent...

Fujicakes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post
    Sweet, I'd totally watch it.

Guest Guest
    Never heard of him, but he looks a lot like British ex-athlete Daley Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    Recently on my favorite soap The Young and the Restless...

My favorite soap too! He played the part well.

vandal Guest
    I love Danny Trejo, hes a great character actor. One of my favorite spanish guy actors besides Luiz Guzman, but he always plays the funny Mexican guy.

DsplcdPrsn Guest
    I adore him. He is a wonderful character actor and I enjoy all of his work. I really hope that they make a movie based on the Machete trailor. He deserves a starring role.

Actor Danny Trejo helps save child trapped in overturned car

https://abc7.com/actor-danny-trejo-h...crash/5451006/

Man! He is awesome.
    Hearing this bit of news really made my week!

I have always liked him..I think he is a great actor. Interesting reading about his past. He is very honest.