Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 year-old Stefanie Rengel

14 year-old Stefanie Rengel

By all accounts, 14-year-old Stefanie Rengel was a beautiful, popular, intelligent girl. Even so, on New Year's Day 2008, she became the victim of teenage rage and jealousy taken to the nth degree. Stefanie had a 16-year-old male friend - and he really was just a friend. Unfortunately, that boy had a 15-year-old girlfriend who was insanely, delusionally jealous, remarkably manipulative and cunning as any middle-aged conman. This girl seems to have learned at a very young age the power of sex and how to use it, because she told her boyfriend he would be getting none, until he killed Stefanie for her. She also taunted him, claiming she was interested in another schoolmate, who she'd soon be screwing, if her boyfriend didn't get on with the job. At one point, this crazy bitch even threatened to commit suicide. The boyfriend finally gave in to the hounding last January. He called Stefanie on her cell and lured her out of her parents' house. He then stabbed her 5 times, left her bleeding to death in a snowbank, and went to a friend's place where he drank juice, discussed the killing and then buried his bloody coat in the backyard.
    The young couple were very quickly arrested and charged with first-degree murder, thanks to school rumours, coupled with text and internet records. The girl, identified only as MT, is currently on trial, and this city is rivetted. Her boyfriend, called DB, goes on trial later this year.
    http://www.thestar.com/article/600805

RIP Stefanie
    Last edited by duster; 03-12-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Meli Guest
    Jesus H Christ! I knew a lot of bitches in HS but this takes the cake! Good find Duter

guardmom2008 Guest
    That poor girl. I pity that guy too, if a gf has that much power over you that you can't think for yourself then you are one sad person. He knew it was wrong and still continued to follow through with it, just to please her.

GODDESS6 Guest
    stories like these absolutely petrify me as a mom~

Fujicakes Guest
    Talk about low self-esteem.

This reminds me of the texas cadet murderers. Gosh when I was 15 I was more interested in getting to stay out past curfew then murdering some chick. I think I would have seriously been grounded for that.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    How tragic. Those stories anger me. What the hell happened to that murderess 15yr old in her young life to make her come out like that? Where the hell were the 16yr old guys balls? Wasn't he raised with any morals?? Too be led that easily into murder. Having had 3 teenagers and my youngest daughter is 16 right now, this just hits a nerve. I know all about teenage girls and their jealousies. Teenage girls today can be real nasty little bitches. Hopefully I don't know any that would turn to murder though. I feel so sorry for the murdered girls parents. My heart breaks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    stories like these absolutely petrify me as a mom~
    Both of Stefanie's parents are cops. MT had been bullying Stefanie for some time, and her mom at one point confronted MT about it, who basically told her to eff off.

If Stefanie had been my kid, I would have been talking to MT's parents - not MT herself. Maybe this could've been nipped in the bud.
    Last edited by duster; 03-12-2009 at 09:32 AM.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Exactly Duster. I would have talked to her parents too. Where the hell are her parents?

RubySlippers Guest
    wow...i just don't understand why these young people do such horrific acts and think they can get away with it. sure they are children, but goddamn.
    i can see parents trying to be more proactive in trying to de-escalate a situation, but sometimes your kids don't talk to you. perhaps the parents were not aware of the extent of the situation - and quite honestly - could they ever imagined some bullying would lead to the stabbing death of their kid?

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Both of Stefanie's parents are cops. MT had been bullying Stefanie for some time, and her mom at one point confronted MT about it, who basically told her to eff off.

If Stefanie had been my kid, I would have been talking to MT's parents - not MT herself. Maybe this could've been nipped in the bud.

Me too, or even gotten a restraining order, or pressed harrassment charges. It just makes no sense! What a conniving little cunt, I hope she gets beaten in prison!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    True enough Ruby but I'm very close with my kids and I would certainly pick on any kind of unusual behaviour. Maybe my relationship with my kids is rare. I've always been a stay at home mom, not saying that makes me better because I don't believe that but maybe it does make a bit of a difference in your relationship with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    This reminds me of the texas cadet murderers. Gosh when I was 15 I was more interested in getting to stay out past curfew then murdering some chick. I think I would have seriously been grounded for that.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, when the details of this case started to come out.

What are the chances of two fucks-ups like this pair finding one another? A teenaged girl who would demand that someone commit a murder, and a boyfriend who is capable of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    Exactly Duster. I would have talked to her parents too. Where the hell are her parents?
    I know they don't live together anymore. Stefanie lived with her mom, who I believe remarried; not sure about dad. I just know he's a cop too.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    wow...i just don't understand why these young people do such horrific acts and think they can get away with it. sure they are children, but goddamn.
    i can see parents trying to be more proactive in trying to de-escalate a situation, but sometimes your kids don't talk to you. perhaps the parents were not aware of the extent of the situation - and quite honestly - could they ever imagined some bullying would lead to the stabbing death of their kid?
    I think it's because way too often they do get away with it. The maximum jail time for a young offender here is three years in a prison that's more like a resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Melicious625 View Post
    Me too, or even gotten a restraining order, or pressed harrassment charges. It just makes no sense! What a conniving little cunt, I hope she gets beaten in prison!
    LOL Mel - that's the best description of her yet!

I used to call my HS enemies and hang up.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I used to call my HS enemies and hang up.
    if you did that these days, you might have a FAD forum page dedicated to you. the world is a bad place sometimes....

if you did that these days, you might have a FAD forum page dedicated to you. the world is a bad place sometimes....
    True. But that was the worst I could come up with. But nowdays...caller ID.....

Lisamarie Guest
    man thats effed up! And stabbing is such a brutal way .....dude I hope they both become someone bitch on jail.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Very true Ruby. With call display you can't get away with that stunt anymore

djdeath-hag Guest
    I will never cease to be amazed by humans inhumanity. Some folks are clearly not evolved. RIP Stefanie.

radiojane Guest

Teen's Murder Defense: "I was joking and my boyfriend didn't get it"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ory/TPComment/

Of all the STUPID defenses I've heard.....

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Huh???

radiojane Guest
    "The medium of instant messaging is flawed"

Yeah that's what's flawed.

RubySlippers Guest
    there is a thread on this too...

I agree, 100 percent.

Long Gone Day Guest
    What a tragic shame. RIP little girl.

The jury has just returned. MT has been found guilty of first-degree murder.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Good. I wonder what her sentencing will be.

This is what CP is saying about sentencing:

TORONTO - Prosecutors will ask for an adult sentence for a jealous teenage girl found guilty of first-degree murder for using sexual blackmail to pressure her boyfriend into murdering Stefanie Rengel.
    The jury returned the verdict against the 17-year-old girl today during their third day of deliberations.
    Rengel, 14, was found in a snowbank outside her parents' home on New Year's Day 2008 suffering from six stab wounds.
    Prosecutors argued the girl was driven by jealousy and used instant messaging and sexual blackmail to convince her boyfriend to kill Rengel.
    The defence had argued the jury shouldn't draw murderous intent from messages sent over the Internet.
    The boyfriend, now 19, faces trial in the fall on a first-degree murder charge.
    (The Canadian Press)
    15:56ET 20-03-09

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Absolutely she should be sentenced as an adult! Is there a date when sentencing will take place?

Absolutely she should be sentenced as an adult! Is there a date when sentencing will take place?
    Put on Newsworld now - the Crown is about to talk to the media. CP24 would have it too.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Thanks Dute. Will do

Anyone know the complete name of this psycho MT - I know the first name is Melissa. I believe the names of all murderers should be published, no matter what the age.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I don't know her name cash. It is being protected because she is a young offender.

I don't know her name cash. It is being protected because she is a young offender.
    the name of the guy who stabbed her is David Bagshaw.
    can't find the last name of this Melissa.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    you're better than me LOL, I only knew them by their initials. Now that i know his name, I want to know what the T stands for in her name.

DHfromTN Guest
    This is a good example of why I plan to home school my son. Kids are just getting worse and worse. My nephew is 12. One day last year he was waiting in line for the bathroom at school and these two boys just jumped him out of nowhere. He didn't even know them. They punched him, slammed his head into the stall wall and pushed him into the toilet. My nephew is a very intelligent, sweet, popular kid.. no one knew why they did it.. they just said they wanted to? I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    the name of the guy who stabbed her is David Bagshaw.
    can't find the last name of this Melissa.
    The sentencing process started today, and when it's finally handed down (probably months from now ) she will be named, provided she is sentenced as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by DHfromTN View Post
    This is a good example of why I plan to home school my son. Kids are just getting worse and worse. My nephew is 12. One day last year he was waiting in line for the bathroom at school and these two boys just jumped him out of nowhere. He didn't even know them. They punched him, slammed his head into the stall wall and pushed him into the toilet. My nephew is a very intelligent, sweet, popular kid.. no one knew why they did it.. they just said they wanted to? I don't understand.
    I really hope someone answers for that at some point. That sort of random viciousness too often gets written off as just kids playing pranks on other kids. It's potentially way more dangerous than that.

DHfromTN Guest
    I really hope someone answers for that at some point. That sort of random viciousness too often gets written off as just kids playing pranks on other kids. It's potentially way more dangerous than that.
    Well the worst part is, while she's a great mother, my sister pretty much just ignored it. No contact with the boys' parents, no contact with the police. I called the police myself the next day and asked what could be done. If nothing else, I thought they needed to be in JD for a while.. but no, they got suspended for two days..some punishment. This situation might not have been fatal but too often they are..

letty1970 Guest
    True enough Ruby but I'm very close with my kids and I would certainly pick on any kind of unusual behaviour. Maybe my relationship with my kids is rare. I've always been a stay at home mom, not saying that makes me better because I don't believe that but maybe it does make a bit of a difference in your relationship with the kids.
    I think most of us would like to think that we know our kids wouldnt we. Mine are 13 and 10. They used to tell me everything, my daughter still does, but the 13 year old boy, not so much anymore. Or thay start to tell you things, they think, you want to hear. There is so much peer pressure aswell these days. Sometimes, what their friends have to say seems allot more important than what we do. We try to be really open about things, and we talk to each other allot to, but our kids growup, change and get there own opinions. We just have to hope they wont kill their friend in a fit of jealousy and rage. Its a bloody hard job getting your kids to turn out right.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by letty1970 View Post
    I think most of us would like to think that we know our kids wouldnt we. Mine are 13 and 10. They used to tell me everything, my daughter still does, but the 13 year old boy, not so much anymore. Or thay start to tell you things, they think, you want to hear. There is so much peer pressure aswell these days. Sometimes, what their friends have to say seems allot more important than what we do. We try to be really open about things, and we talk to each other allot to, but our kids growup, change and get there own opinions. We just have to hope they wont kill their friend in a fit of jealousy and rage. Its a bloody hard job getting your kids to turn out right.
    My kids told me just about everything, we have no secrets. They are now 21, 19 & 16 and are very forthcoming with their stories, feelings etc. Sometimes I wish they weren't so open and honest
    You are very right though, there is a lot of peer pressure out there and you have to have eyes at the back of your head. My best advice to anyone with teens is keep communication open as much as possible and know the difference of when to be the parent and when to be the friend.
    It's the toughest job out there!

John Connor Guest
    TORONTO - A forensic psychiatrist says the 17-year-old girl convicted of Stefanie Rengel's murder could develop a personality disorder resembling Glenn Close's character in the movie "Fatal Attraction."

Dr. Philip Klassen told a sentencing hearing today that the girl, known as M.T., has issues with jealousy and anger and is more self-pitying than remorseful.

In his report filed with the Toronto court, Klassen writes that if her psychological presentation continues into adulthood she could evolve into a person with a "highly functioning" borderline personality organization.

That disorder, he says, is personified by Close's character in the 1987 movie about a woman who stalks her married lover's family.

Rengel was stabbed six times and left to die in a snowbank outside her home on New Year's Day 2008.
    The Crown successfully argued that M.T., driven by jealousy, used sexual blackmail against her boyfriend, known only as D.B., to push him into killing the 14-year old.

Klassen interviewed the teen, who was convicted of first-degree murder, for more than five hours and said that there has been "no spontaneous expression of remorse" for Rengel's death.

In his report, Klassen writes it's not a foregone conclusion that M.T. will develop into someone with highly functioning borderline personality organization.

Under questioning by the defence Tuesday, Klassen admitted he could not predict how M.T. would respond to treatment or whether she would gain better control over her emotional issues as she ages.

The Crown is seeking an adult sentence for the girl, which would bring an automatic life sentence with no eligibility for parole for five to seven years.

If sentenced as a youth, as the defence wants, she will face 10 years in custody, six served in prison and four served in the community under supervision.

Stefanie Rengel

I can't believe they needed a psychiatrist to tell us that this little darling is a monster. I think the guy is especially weird though. The mother's victim impact statement yesterday was gut-wrenching.

John Connor Guest
    Another case of so many lives ruined:

TORONTO - The 17-year-old girl convicted of using sexual blackmail to have her perceived teen rival, Stefanie Rengel, killed pushed back her long brown hair and glanced quickly around the courtroom before delivering a teary public apology Friday.

"Everyday I wish that I could go back in time and change everything I said and have Stefanie be alive with her family again," said the girl, known only as M.T.

Prosecutors successfully argued at trial that M.T. used the promise of sex to get her boyfriend, D.B., to stab Rengel six times outside her east-end Toronto home on New Year's Day 2008.

As she gasped between sobs, M.T. said she was sorry for everything she had said and done to contribute to Rengel's death.
    "I want you to know that I take full responsibility for my part," she said. "I have learned many lessons from this tragedy."

The apology failed to move the Crown on its position that M.T. deserves an adult sentence for the 14-year-old girl's death. Rengel's family appeared unmoved as well - her father shook his head from side to side as M.T. said she would never commit another offence.

"I believe treatment will help my disorders and that I will be able to contribute to society in a positive way when I finish my sentence," she said.

The now 19-year-old D.B. pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and has a sentencing hearing scheduled for September.

Prosecutors said M.T., who was found guilty by a jury, continued to minimize her role in the murder.

Her apology at the conclusion of the week-long sentencing hearing "fell well short of acknowledging responsibility," said Crown prosecutor Robin Flumerfelt.

"Her attitude has not changed."

A Toronto judge must now decide if M.T. will receive an adult or youth sentence. Ontario Superior Court Justice Ian Nordheimer said he will hand down his sentence on July 28.

The Crown wants an adult sentence with no chance of parole for seven years. The defence wants a youth sentence, which would mean 10 years in custody - six served in jail and four served in the community under supervision.

Flumerfelt said M.T.'s heartless and deliberate behaviour before and after Rengel's death had to be taken into consideration.
    "She embarked on her mission, her mission to put Stefanie Rengel, an innocent girl, in her grave," he said.

Flumerfelt said M.T's hatred was not directed at Rengel alone, but that she had and continued to harbour thoughts to harm people who said uncomplimentary things about her.

"This murder was not about Stefanie Rengel," he said. "This murder was about M.T. and her murderous heart."
    Flumerfelt called M.T. "a purveyor of misery" who remained immune to the consequences of her crime. He said a youth sentence would fail to reflect the impact her crime had.
    M.T.'s defence said she deserved a youth sentence because she was not physically involved in committing the murder.
    "M.T. is a secondary participant. M.T. did not wield the knife," said defence lawyer Marshall Sack. "These are words not deeds."
    Sack said M.T.'s conversations with D.B. prior to Rengel's stabbing were merely part of her obsessive and anxious personality, and did not amount to the calculated planning of a murder.
    He added that her apparent lack of remorse were merely because she hadn't yet learnt how to feel such emotion.
    "It's not that she's a femme fatale... or a bad seed," said Sack. "Her emotional and psychological development is... retarded."
    "There is simply no evidence that M.T. was or is capable of actual physical violence."
    The Crown countered this by saying M.T. had killed Rengel by imposing an order.
    "D.B. was her weapon," said Flumerfelt. "She is a risk."
    During the trial, the Crown entered into evidence more than 30,000 pages of instant messaging transcripts between the girl and her boyfriend, including conversations apparently detailing their plans for Rengel.
    In one chilling instant-message exchange in October 2007, the accused appeared to suggest to her boyfriend she wanted Rengel dead.
    The boyfriend, who once dated Rengel, writes: "What about Stef," according to transcripts filed with the court.
    "Bang, bang," she replies.
    He then writes: "I need a bang bang first ... I wanna bang you."
    She writes: "I want her dead ... lol we've been through this ... If it takes more than a week then we're just going to be friends."

trishsixxm Guest
    I have never ever understood how they are so sorry after the fact! When she is doing better then poor Stefanie is? Stefanie was only 14. I'm sorry but I'm almost 40 years old and there is no man out there I'd kill for. At 14 I was trying to get used to public school after going to catholic school for years.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trishsixxm View Post
    I have never ever understood how they are so sorry after the fact! When she is doing better then poor Stefanie is? Stefanie was only 14. I'm sorry but I'm almost 40 years old and there is no man out there I'd kill for. At 14 I was trying to get used to public school after going to catholic school for years.
    She's only sorry for her own sorry ass, now that its in jail!

tarsier Guest
    My first thought was "borderline personality disorder" for which there is no cure nor medication. High functioning just makes her more dangerous, imo; devious as well as manipulative if she gets out count on seeing her in the news again.

By all accounts, 14-year-old Stefanie Rengel was a beautiful, popular, intelligent girl. Even so, on New Year's Day 2008, she became the victim of teenage rage and jealousy taken to the nth degree. Stefanie had a 16-year-old male friend - and he really was just a friend. Unfortunately, that boy had a 15-year-old girlfriend who was insanely, delusionally jealous, remarkably manipulative and cunning as any middle-aged conman. This girl seems to have learned at a very young age the power of sex and how to use it, because she told her boyfriend he would be getting none, until he killed Stefanie for her. She also taunted him, claiming she was interested in another schoolmate, who she'd soon be screwing, if her boyfriend didn't get on with the job. At one point, this crazy bitch even threatened to commit suicide. The boyfriend finally gave in to the hounding last January. He called Stefanie on her cell and lured her out of her parents' house. He then stabbed her 5 times, left her bleeding to death in a snowbank, and went to a friend's place where he drank juice, discussed the killing and then buried his bloody coat in the backyard.
    The young couple were very quickly arrested and charged with first-degree murder, thanks to school rumours, coupled with text and internet records. The girl, identified only as MT, is currently on trial, and this city is rivetted. Her boyfriend, called DB, goes on trial later this year.
    http://www.thestar.com/article/600805

RIP Stefanie
    Now this is funny coming from the same person who called another young
    murdered Canadian girl (Victoria Stafford) and her family all "trailer trash"
    that they were all somehow to blame and not the killers.
    Why the change of heart, is it because one family is rich, well off and
    poor Victoria's family are just trying to get by with min. wage jobs.?
    But I will tell the hurt is no more or less bad because of money.
    I'm so sure you know all about both of the murder victims families

MoonRabbit Guest
    Unbelievable!

But then adults do stupid things all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    My first thought was "borderline personality disorder" for which there is no cure nor medication. High functioning just makes her more dangerous, imo; devious as well as manipulative if she gets out count on seeing her in the news again.
    she seems to be a young psychopath much like Eric Harris of Columbine fame. I just read Dave Cullen's book COLUMBINE where Harris is analyzed via a psychiatric autopsy. She has also the traits - no remorse, manipulative, bright.. etc.

imadeathhag Guest

Damn straight!