Thread: 40th Anniversary of Helter Skelter

Ms. K Guest

40th Anniversary of Helter Skelter

And I'd like to ask, Scott, should I buy tickets for myself and Mr. K now? I want to take the tour for my birthday this year (my birthday's August 9th), and I'm wondering if there's something special planned for this year that I should know about, and when I should make sure I have tickets, and all that good stuff.

I had to browbeat him into it, too....Mr. K is NOT a Death Hag, but I am, and dammit, it's MY 34th birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    My birthday's August 9th, and it's MY 34th birthday!
    You were born a year to the day after President Nixon resigned.

(That's my birthday, too.)

Well um regardless of what happens...Happy 34th early birthday Mrs K!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaver mangler View Post
    You were born a year to the day after President Nixon resigned.

(That's my birthday, too.)
    Yep. And we were born (if your birthday was also in '75) six years to the day after the first round of Manson murders (while they went out to kill on the 8th, they didn't arrive until after midnight, so all victims died on the 9th).

Another weird little coincidence? My husband was born when Sharon Tate Polanski's son was due. No lie. He'll be 40 this September.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Well um regardless of what happens...Happy 34th early birthday Mrs K!
    Thanks! My husband turns 40 this year, heh heh heh.....of course, if I do something to him, he's got six years to plot revenge....

Anniversary of an American Tragedy

http://www.thetelegraph.com/articles...ls_manson.html
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

cubbiecatz Guest
    WooHoo, great article Scott!!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Excellent article Scott!! Thanks for posting

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Great article Scott. I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that this all happened 40 years ago. Seems like...well, not yesterday, but...not THAT long ago!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I know, it doesn't feel like 40 yrs. I think in part because it's kept fresh in our minds with lots of crime shows and news programs, like Deranged, Most Evil, A&E etc, featuring the case and murderers. Also the net, YouTube keep posting "new" stuff all the time ( rarely seen interviews, etc). I wish I could convince my hubby to go to Cali this summer. I would give anything (well almost ) to be there and go on Scott's Tour on August 8/9.

Ms. K Guest
    Excellent article, Scott!

It's just, well, sad to think how much life these folks had left in them. Their killers are all still alive (unless Atkins has kicked off and no one has made a media announcement), but Sharon, Steven, Abigail, Voytek, Jay, Leno, and Rosemary, not to mention Shorty, are all gone, and have been for 40 years.

Paige B Guest
    Wow...hard to believe its been 40 years. I have fragmented memories about my mother freaking out about it and being scared silly. Its still a horrific crime, even by today's standards!

dcg76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    I know, it doesn't feel like 40 yrs. I think in part because it's kept fresh in our minds with lots of crime shows and news programs, like Deranged, Most Evil, A&E etc, featuring the case and murderers. Also the net, YouTube keep posting "new" stuff all the time ( rarely seen interviews, etc). I wish I could convince my hubby to go to Cali this summer. I would give anything (well almost ) to be there and go on Scott's Tour on August 8/9.
    And I think because it was such a ghastly crime, it's still kind of shocking today. There was also so much involved with the case, hags like us could spend a lifetime talking and researching it

havoc Guest
    Awesome article!!

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    Someone burnt down Barker Ranch the other day.

I thought that Barker Ranch burned down a long time ago? Maybe I'm thinking of Spahn ranch...

I hope this isn't dragging this 'off-topic' but - weren't there some other celebrities on Manson's list that he wanted killed - one of them being Elvis Presley and maybe Frank Sinatra? Considering that Elvis was in Las Vegas, NV during this time for his 'comeback' shows at the International/Hilton Hotel, I wonder what kinds of things were going through his mind?

Can someone clear that up for me??

Oh, and I'm in a bit of a sentimental mood today and just wanted to say ----

I LOVE YOU GUYS AND GALS!!!

<3<3<3<3<3
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 05-08-2009 at 09:10 AM.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Not Elvis, but Sinatra - they were going to kill him, strip his skin and make belts out of it, and sell them to hippies. McQueen was on the list, and they were going to kill Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor, cut off Burton's dick, and send it to Eddie Fisher.

These were just fantasies of The Family, there were no actual plans to do this.
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

ShellBell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by D3LIVIĆ?N View Post
    Someone burnt down Barker Ranch the other day.

Holy Hell! You know, I have some mixed feelings. The place was high on the 'eerie' factor, but definitely historic you know? I know fellow Death Hags understand what I mean.

It wasn't as if I would ever be able to go out there so I am glad Scott took us to see it in Six Degrees before this happened.
    Last edited by ShellBell; 05-09-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellBell View Post
    Holy Hell! You know, I have some mixed feelings. The place was high on the 'eerie' factor, but definitely historic you know? I know fellow Death Hags understand what I mean.

It wasn't as if I would ever be able to go out there so I am glad Scott took us to see it in Six Degrees before this happened.
    I wasn't real pleased to see that. I have to wonder why now, after all this time?

Spahn burned down years and years ago, I don't know if Meyers Ranch is still around, but geez...

At least the buildings are still standing. You can kinda make out where things used to be.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellBell View Post

I totally understand. I would have never had the chance to see it in person but I'm so glad that Scott got there before it burned down. I was fascinated to see it on Six Degrees.