Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greta Garbo

Kaiserin Guest
    I'm still amazed Greta Garbo does not have a FAD page!

If you would like, I could contribute with a picture of her grave as I live just a 5 minute walk from the cemetary where she is buried.

TheMysterian Guest

Greta Garbo's private items part of high seas auction

Bgeace Guest
    I would love to see this auction, although I know I couldn't afford a piece of tissue she dried her eye on!

Timeo Vitae Guest
    ​Ooooooooooo, how exciting! I'd love to be there!

You can bid online with Julian's. I've bid on many things but I've never came close to winning anything. LOL

Bgeace Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    You can bid online with Julian's. I've bid on many things but I've never came close to winning anything. LOL

Ah, thank you thank you for the information I may not be able to purchase an item but I sure can browse and check out what is available! Did anyone else happen to see they have an upcoming auction for Michael Jackson as well? Not necessarily an MJ fan but I know they are many.

I've never had a desire to go on a cruise, but I would love to be ship-board for this one. Seems so glamorous!

Here's the online catalog:

http://www.juliensauctions.com/image...talog.html#/1/
    Last edited by homesgirl; 08-27-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Quote Originally Posted by Bgeace View Post

Ah, thank you thank you for the information I may not be able to purchase an item but I sure can browse and check out what is available! Did anyone else happen to see they have an upcoming auction for Michael Jackson as well? Not necessarily an MJ fan but I know they are many.
    Their M.J. items have gone incredibly high. It is fun just looking through the online catalogs if nothing else. Pick the option where it says View and bid or something like that. You get a better picture than the scanned catalog. You can easily click the item also and get a much better pic and details of the item.

Bgeace Guest
    ​I am perusing the Greta Garbo items now, I cannot believe these plain buttons are already at $150 bucks. . .I know she owned them but it's buttons!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ggbuttons.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	43315

Judging from her personal wardrobe the woman must have been a crashing bore!

11. 12-23-2017, 10:36 AM

I've been reading about San Simeon - Hearst, Davies etc.

Apparently during the time that Greta and John Gilbert were having an affair she accompanied him at least once to San Simeon. I never expected to see her there, but when she was involved with John she did things that would soon after be unthinkable behavior for "Garbo". During this time period I've seen photos of a smiling Greta with John at movie premieres, enjoying a picnic with others etc.

This is the link to the page with a photo of Greta with other guests (I've identified below): Guests of the Castle - Hearst Castle

Back row, left to right, partially obscured: King Vidor, Beatrice Lillie, Richard Barthelmess, Eleanor Boardman.

Middle row: Frank Orsatti, E. B. Hatrick, Edmund Goulding, Mrs. Peg Talmadge [mother of Norma, Constance and Natalie], Garbo, Nicholas Schenck, unidentified, Harry Rapf, Aileen Pringle, J. Robert Rubin, Norma Shearer.

Front row: Hal Roach, Natalie Talmadge, Eddie Mannix, Constance Talmadge, Buster Keaton, Paul Bern, Irving Thalberg. John Gilbert reclines in the foreground. I'm guessing this is 1926; Buster had long hair like that in The General.

cool photo