Thread: Jason Miller

jay Guest

Jason Miller

Jason Miller (April 22 1939 â?? May 13 2001) was an American actor and Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright.

Miller was launched into stardom in 1973 by winning a Pulitzer Prize for his play, That Championship Season. That same year, he was offered the role of the troubled priest in the horror film The Exorcist, for which he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.

Miller's film career was sporadic, however, preferring to work in regional theatre.

Miller continued to act occasionally in such films as The Ninth Configuration, Toy Soldiers, The Exorcist III and Rudy.

Miller was married 3 times, once to Linda Gleason the daughter of Jackie Gleason. He had 2 children, actors Jason Patric and Joshua John Miller.

During a rehearsal at the Summer Theatre in Scranton, Pennsylvannia on May 13 2001, Miller suffered a heart attack and died at the age of 62.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jason miller.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	5887

**Jenna** Guest
    I didn't know Jason Patrick is his son.

I knew that MILLER had been GLEASON'S son-in-law and that JASON PATRIC was 1 of his children. I also know that JASON MILLER had been married to SUSAN BERNARD who had a part in that cult film
    Faster Pussycat Kill Kill. BERNARD' father was a well known photographer in Hollywood during it's heyday. One of his (published) books consisted of images of a very young MARILYN MONROE; almost all of which had been taken in the mid-late 40s.

Frankly, I recall JASON MILLER more for the connections that his former spouses provided him than for his miniscule film career. Playing the priest (Father Karas ?) in THE EXORCIST was his one major role.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

xenaswolf Guest
    He was Joan Jett's dad in Light of Day

5. 06-15-2008, 01:42 AM

I DIDN'T KNOW HE'D DIED ....'its the power of christ that compelled him'
    pull the string!

DOA Guest
    Tell me he wasn't rehearsing for Death Of A Salesman.

And speaking of the Excorcist, I saw it on the big screen, the un-cut version, when it was brought back for some anniversary or something -- and some of those scenes should have been illegal they were so haunting.

I literally slept with the light on for three nights.

Guest Guest
    the Lost boy's Jason Patric?..... the one that was with Julia Roberts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    the Lost boy's Jason Patric?..... the one that was with Julia Roberts?
    Yessiree !
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

dovescry1999 Guest
    I always thought that Father Karras was a tragic, but strikingly good looking priest.
    But, that movie had me sleeping in my parents room for about 2 weeks...

More Cheese Please Guest
    I had no clue that Jason Patric was Jackie Gleason's grandson (or Jason Miller's son!!!)... wow... I wonder how close they were, if at all....

I always thought Father Karras was incredibly sexy and that I was going to burn in hell for thinking such thoughts...LOL

Lisamarie Guest
    he was hot...

Rosa Moline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    he was hot...
    Yes he was..and so utterly compelling in The Exorcist..

I saw The Exorcist when I was 14 and it scared the living daylights out of me - I had to sleep with my light on & the door open for 2 weeks..when I had to 'fess up to my mum, she was FURIOUS that I'd seen it.

My own daughter saw it recently (not with my permission) also 14, and said "mum..that so wasn't scary..it was RUBBISH..I thought it was funny!"

...how times change...I guess the special effects were pretty cutting edge for back then, just look dated now. I also attended a special cinema screening about 10 years ago; the audience mostly just laughed...

More Cheese Please Guest
    I recently saw The Exorcist and it STILL scares the shit out of me to this day....

Here's an Exorcist Cast reunion on Good Morning American with Jason Miller amongst all the principals and the author William Peter Blatty.... Good Shit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZUSMyLEEio

More Cheese Please Guest
    Father Karras' Dream from The Exorcist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koXMhFXSF9A