Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aaliyah

RoRo Guest
    Thanks Jessica...I couldn't find where I read that ........BUT I did find these pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaliyah_crash2.jpg 
Views:	930 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	8383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_1511200_wreckage300.jpg 
Views:	930 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	8384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_1519692_al300.jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	8385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_1519692_al3006.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	8386  

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    he said she was laying next to the fuseloge thing on her back and the side of her face was blackened with soot or burns he couldent tell and her eyes were open. He studies plane crashes..and works for a recovery team and he said they used those pics to show the damage. I myself have never seen, but would love too..poor thing.
    Wow, those would be interesting indeed to see.
    Poor girl.
    â??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.â? - Michael Jackson

Guest Guest
    whoa...... RoRo... I've never seen those pics before.....thanks for posting

RoRo Guest
    I hadn't either, I came across them looking for the voice info...the one with body bags is so sad

she would have been 30 today. rip angel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Two Lost Souls Guest
    I can't believe she'd be 30 already. Time is just flying. It just doesn't seem like she's been gone that long. I still remember what I was doing when I heard and I how devastated I was.

Happy 30th Birthday Aaliyah

Shano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathhagcutie View Post
    i wish there were good pics of the scene, like our fav Brazilian band

OMG that thread kept me busy for days! The details and pictures! Boy, Brazilian boy bands and airplanes don't mix well! lol

Aaliyah was so beautiful. I feel so bad for her family still. The carriage that she was carried in during her funeral... heartbreaking!

Just wanted to say RIP AALIYAH. She died eight years ago tomorrow (the 25th). I can't believe it's been this long.

RIP Aaliyah
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I was sad when she died...

RIP Aaliyah...she was great in Romeo Must Die!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Does anybody know if they'll ever make an FOD page for her? Or if there's a way we can request them to make one?

Quote Originally Posted by icalledhisname View Post
    Does anybody know if they'll ever make an FOD page for her? Or if there's a way we can request them to make one?

If you are interested you can always contact Scott, but remember that he gets tons of requests and is a busy guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

deathhagcutie Guest
    *To the tune of rock the boat*...i cant wait to see the crash pics, crash pics...

Lisa03 Guest
    I really like her- she was beautiful, great singer, and a great actress

Brandy did a song with a mini tribute of her that really sticks when you've heard it..."should i go" is the name in case any of you want to hear it.
    Last edited by NessaChanel; 08-27-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    I know this is an old discussion about this picture. To me it looks like one body, in either a slightly seated, or slight fetal position. and the body is basically being carried on it's side (with the knees towards the bottom of the picture, and the rear at the top)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Quote Originally Posted by mikemgmve View Post
    I know this is an old discussion about this picture. To me it looks like one body, in either a slightly seated, or slight fetal position. and the body is basically being carried on it's side (with the knees towards the bottom of the picture, and the rear at the top)
    Could be due to injury or positioning that the leg is just resting toward that directing, not that they are in a seated position. That's not uncommon for a body to be on it's back and have a leg in that position. Due to the crash, there could have been severe trauma. I've opened up a body bag to someone in a traumatic crash to find them holding their own leg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Annie K. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by icalledhisname View Post
    I had to add that I loved Aaliyah.

She had premonitions of her death, and people close to her said that she was very different in the days just before she died. I wish there was a page about her here! I know she's underrated, but I was shocked to see nothing about her.

There are a lot of misunderstandings about the plane crash. She would have NEVER boarded the plane if she had any idea that it was remotely dangerous. She was scared of small planes. Before her plane ride to the Bahamas a few days before she died, when she looked at the plane she said, "I hate these small planes" and she needed encouragement to board it.

She was a beautiful person on the inside and out, I've done a lot of research on her. She was amazingly talented and very underrated. RIP Aaliyah!

Very different how? On youtube there are videos saying she was a blood sacrifice for Damon Dash. I wonder if she actually knew?

I watched Queen of the Danmed last night and liked it. Sure it's not Oscar winning but Aaliyah was cool in it. I know her voice wasn't even hers, so I read on here, but she did a good job

slw Guest
    I STILL don't understand the blood sacrifice bit. Can anyone explain in very easy words please!!

slw Guest
    Has this been posted? Its a youtube clip of someone visiting her grave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jtbdzLFTgs&NR=1

Reality_Flickered Guest
    I really liked Aaliyah's music, especially the stuff she did with Timbaland. I was really shocked when I heard of her death. Such a waste. RIP Aaliyah.

Also, I guess whether you've heard of someone also largely depends on a lot of factors. For example where you live. I live in Europe and she was quite well-known over here, at least among young people who like rnb or hiphop and watch channels like MTV. I guess that would bring taste into the equation as well. I also don't think it really matters how famous she was exactly. She died needlessly and too young, which is a tragedy.

9 years today she left us....RIP sweet angel - you are still missed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

even tho I did not know her or her music well, I was very saddened by her death. taken away too soon. I hate plane crashes!

hotmama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie K. View Post
    Very different how? On youtube there are videos saying she was a blood sacrifice for Damon Dash. I wonder if she actually knew?
    yes i have been reading up on blood sacrifices in the industry.. very interesting..

Ironmama Guest
    I didn't really listen to her much, but my little sister did and that's how I remember her. Such a sad loss at such a young age and so tragic! So could have been avoided!

slw Guest
    Aaliyah would have been 32 yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Annie K. View Post
    Those are from the people who believe most female pop stars are MK Ultra/Project Monarch victims - teen and preteens groomed and programmed from early childhood through sexual abuse, hypnosis and other control techniques to be mindless debased robots who perform as sexual deviant pop stars for the enrichment of some evil corporation/secret society. Damon Dash was her last "handler" supposedly.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Burner71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baltimore1977 View Post

Another interesting fact I read is that her 300-lb bodyguard survived the night and died awaiting transport back to the states for treatment.

Big Scotty was a friend of mine, he worked for lots of people down in south florida.
    I had just flown into Miami for a convention, he was supposed to be there that night with his other client, when we heard the news.
    He was a really cool guy.

newhag81 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner71 View Post
    Big Scotty was a friend of mine, he worked for lots of people down in south florida.
    I had just flown into Miami for a convention, he was supposed to be there that night with his other client, when we heard the news.
    He was a really cool guy.

Dear Burner71,

I'm so sorry you lost your friend Scott Gallin in that horrible plane crash. Thanks to Scott, local authorities were able to get an eye-witness account of what really happened. Thanks to Scott, the families of the deceased were able to take Virgin Records and BlackHawk International (the plane charter company) to court and not be shut down by their unscrupulous attorneys. Scott survived the crash for a few hours, long enough to muster up some strength to walk around to try and save the other victims. He protected his client until the end. I remember he was a single parent to a boy. I hope his son is doing well.

As for crash pictures, I'm not aware of any gruesome ones. Only crash scene and wreckage photos have been released. And I don't remember reading any reports about Aaliyah acting weird in the days leading up to the crash. I've heard that her brother was afraid to fly and she did put his mind at ease many times. She did mention to her brother how small the plane was, but that was it. Witnesses say there was a heated discussion between Hype Williams ,who did not board the plane, and the pilot regarding the amount of equipment to be transported back to the U.S. Apparently, the pilot advised them the plane was too heavy. But, considering that the charter company had several problems with the FAA and traces of cocaine were found in the pilot's system, it's understandable that he did not have the authority to refuse the extra weight. Based on this event, Hype Williams was included as a defendant in the lawsuit Aaliyah's parents filed in 2002. He was accused of not having any regard for the victims' safety.

On the way to the Bahamas, they took a small plane chartered with a different company. They decided to fly back to Florida before everybody else. Aaliyah's choreographer (Fatima), stylist (Derek Lee), director Hype Williams and other crew members stayed on the island. It was Fatima who called Aaliyah's mom to tell her the tragic news.

I can't believe it's been almost 10 years. I was a huge Aaliyah fan. The kind of fan who would sign up for her fan club, buy all of her records and record her appearances om TV. Unfortunately, I never got to meet her in person. If anyone is interested, here's Aaliyah's last picture ever. It was taken at Marsh Harbour Airport, moments before she boarded that plane.

Other interesting facts: Aaliyah's mom or brother Rashad usually accompanied her on business trips. Rashad was in Australia and Diane, her mother, had surgery days before the trip, so she sent Keeth, who was like an uncle to Aaliyah. When Aaliyah died, she was promoting her new album and also taking a different career step by having her family manage her.

When she died, she had just finished filming "Queen of the Damned" and was supposed to head back to Australia to finish post-production on the movie. Many critics were harsh and criticized the final product, but there was so much money involved that the studio went ahead and released the movie anyway. They had to make do with what they had. Had she been alive,we would have had a very different movie. Rashad, Aaliyah's brother, recorded some of her dialogues after her death. She had also shot a few scenes for The Matrix 2.

RIP, Baby Girl. You were one in a million.

deanfan Guest
    She certainly was a pretty girl. Such a needless waste. Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years.

aedgar5000 Guest
    She was supposed to be in Matrix Reloaded? Wow. I had never heard that before. I really liked her in Romeo Must Die. She was quite talented.

Here's a youtube clip showing of her Matrix Reloaded scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NmrP...eature=related

Fantastic post, newhag81. Thanks for the pic.
    Last edited by aedgar5000; 07-31-2011 at 04:14 PM.

newhag81 Guest
    Thank you for the warm welcome, aedgar5000. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to participate.

Lisamarie Guest
    I was still in radio when the news broke ..so many kids called that night crying and of course I played EVERYTHING I could find in tribute..had she lived she prolly would have won that Oscar...bless her heart.

DrDeath Guest
    I don't think she'd really broken in the UK at the time of her passing. She'd had a hit with 'Try Again' (not my sort of music, yet I really liked it, sang it all the time) and maybe one movie released. The only other thing I'd heard about her was the R Kelly fiasco

capthowdy Guest

Talking On the way down...

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Did I read somewhere that the plane was overloaded because she insisted on bringing ALL of her luggage back with her? Not trying to demoralize her memory, but that's what I heard.
    I have heard the same thing. too much cargo. I know when my (sick) friends and I heard that she died in a plane crash, we were wondering how much time they had to realize they were gonna hit the ground. We figured if there was much time as they went down, the guys on the plane probably just started raping the shit out of her before they died.

Quote Originally Posted by capthowdy View Post
    I have heard the same thing. too much cargo. I know when my (sick) friends and I heard that she died in a plane crash, we were wondering how much time they had to realize they were gonna hit the ground. We figured if there was much time as they went down, the guys on the plane probably just started raping the shit out of her before they died.
    Ive always figured if I was in a plane going down (assuming my section wasnt sucked out of a hole in the fuselage at 30,000 feet) or some other sure death scenario that I would start raping the shit out of any fuckable guy within a small radius.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Such nice thoughts about the soon to be dead.

Lisamarie Guest
    Jesus where did that come from! Lovley!

newhag81 Guest
    This is the video the shows the audio recording of the last moments and conversation between the pilot and the tower:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ikR5wEBWa4

DrDeath Guest
    How unpleasantly random!

Huh????? Violent reaction to a violent event? PTSD...Pre Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Andrea Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphr798 View Post
    You're not kidding. Some of the smaller airports in the Bahamas and Bimini still have the crashed planes on both sides of the runway. They just push whats left off the runway. Really makes you a little nervous when you're flying in there.
    Some of those planes you see there are from drug runners and are confiscated and left there on purpose as a warninig to pilots who might be up to "no-nos".

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Some of those planes you see there are from drug runners and are confiscated and left there on purpose as a warninig to pilots who might be up to "no-nos".
    Wow. That's pretty interesting. Essentially telling the runner that "This will be your ass if you try". Cool info, Andrea.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by newhag81 View Post
    This is the video the shows the audio recording of the last moments and conversation between the pilot and the tower:

Wow that sucks. Is that the real audio? And is that the actual crash? I thought they went down over water.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    that was not her voice anyhow. her voice was taken out of the picture once she died. the movie did not come out until after her death and at the family's request her voice was removed. i actually believe all her parts were not done when she died. so they had to make due with what they had.
    What? They didn't want her voice? I saw the Romeo & Juliet movie she was in & the voice in QofD sounds like her. I know not all of it couldn't be hers, but I have never heard that NONE of it was her. That's very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    yes i have been reading up on blood sacrifices in the industry.. very interesting..
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Those are from the people who believe most female pop stars are MK Ultra/Project Monarch victims - teen and preteens groomed and programmed from early childhood through sexual abuse, hypnosis and other control techniques to be mindless debased robots who perform as sexual deviant pop stars for the enrichment of some evil corporation/secret society. Damon Dash was her last "handler" supposedly.
    Say what???

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Is that the real audio? And is that the actual crash? I thought they went down over water.
    It seems as though that would be the correct audio, as the call letters used by the pilot and ATC referring to the Cessna match the ones seen on the plane's tail in this video. Somewhere, I read an accident report on this incident (maybe in a link on this thread...don't remember), and it said the plane attempted to take off, was not gaining altitude and crashed very shortly thereafter, so again, the location and description of the wreckage in this video makes sense. IMO, it is the real thing.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by newhag81 View Post

Wow. Great video. Haunting when you actually hear the plane hit the ground.