Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 13202122
Results 1,051 to 1,092 of 1092

Thread: Dr. Harold Perelson Murder/Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by susieQ View Post
    If they indeed do plan on getting done that quick, they need to step it up. I drove past on Saturday morning and no one was working. The fence is still up and a dumpster in the driveway by the street, but when I looked in there is only a few pieces of wood in there. Alot to go!
    Any progress yet?

2. 08-20-2016, 09:01 AM

As of today, still don't see much. Possibly waiting for permits? Looks like work being done on the yard. The dumpster has a lot of tree and yard debris.
    Thank you SusieQ for the update and photo~ They will probably have a lot of work ahead of them..Gotta love the optimism of getting in done in a couple months.. I hope they do. Its looking a lot better almost as if its coming back to life, in a good way. JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-20-2016 at 09:41 PM.

As of today, still don't see much. Possibly waiting for permits? Looks like work being done on the yard. The dumpster has a lot of tree and yard debris.
    I might be wrong, But aren't the new owners talking about making a documentary on this? I may have it confused with something else though..

5. 08-21-2016, 12:15 PM

You know, I think I had heard that someone was making a documentary...I looked online and couldn't find it, but I think you are right!
    I would love to see how it comes out...Just wondering if they hope to get it done in time for Halloween? That would be really neat. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    I would love to see how it comes out...Just wondering if they hope to get it done in time for Halloween? That would be really neat. JMO
    I know I would love to see it after completion- Maybe it is the real estate blood running through my veins ?
    My family (Granny) use to buy derelict run down mansions, (yes..mansions) from the midwest all the way to the east and sometimes down south- Bring them back from destruction..it was like watching the dead rise again..
    it's really something to watch them go from life support to full on living!
    This one is very interesting, Hope they reveal how it comes out..Bless the their hearts.

Anyone know how renovations are going on this house? Any changes? Would be great to see how it comes out

Just wondered if there are any updates? Photos?

I'm curious myself. I would think it would be easy enough to sneak inside during the renovation...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

11. 11-15-2016, 07:21 PM
    Reason
    yes

Just wondering if there are any recent pictures or info on this house? Hope they are making progress on renovations.

SherryB29 Guest

Just out of curiosity, Does anyone have current news on this house? I know Lisa Bloom purchased it- But did they renovate it or tear it down?? I hope it was saved..Like I said.. just curious.

I finally got around to uploading all the episode of my old radio show. Here is the episode I did where I hashed all the evidence & details collected on this forum regarding the Los Feliz Murder Mansion.

BTW if the people doing the documentary on the house are reading this forum, please get in touch with me. I'd love to have you on the radio program I'm currently on, it gets around 100k listeners per show.

sastenius Guest

Documentary Film

Hi there everyone! I wanted to post here because I am a documentary filmmaker producing a film on the house, and this seems to be the most comprehensive forum that has been following the story of the Los Feliz Murder Mansion. We have been interviewing people that have visited, entered, or are downright obsessed with the house. Also when the film is completed, you all will want to check it out, as we have uncovered some pretty amazing and unknown stuff about the house and its occupants over the years. Holler at me if you ever visited or went inside the house, or otherwise feel you have anything to say about the house and the urban legend. Thanks everyone! -Stacy

Quote Originally Posted by sastenius View Post
    Hi there everyone! I wanted to post here because I am a documentary filmmaker producing a film on the house, and this seems to be the most comprehensive forum that has been following the story of the Los Feliz Murder Mansion. We have been interviewing people that have visited, entered, or are downright obsessed with the house. Also when the film is completed, you all will want to check it out, as we have uncovered some pretty amazing and unknown stuff about the house and its occupants over the years. Holler at me if you ever visited or went inside the house, or otherwise feel you have anything to say about the house and the urban legend. Thanks everyone! -Stacy
    I would love to see that when it is completed..
    The alleged paranormal stuff is very interesting regarding this house, However, I like the architecture of the home as well..
    My husband lived in one similar to it when he was a child..not haunted of course.
    Since it sold, I was wondering if there are any improvements made and how the new owners are dealing with the apparent obsessed fans? I hope that it is restored to a nice family home and not demolished as is often done out there..
    Wishing you luck on your documentary

Me too! I'd like to see some before and after shots once done!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Me too! I'd like to see some before and after shots once done!
    Hi She, Wouldn't that be great? I just read (wish I could remember which site) that the new owners are currently renovating it and do plan on living there, No recent pictures though.
    I don't know how much truth is in it or why it was mentioned but the article mentioned that the Perelsons bedroom will be their bedroom. Since this house has allegedly had such a dark reputation, I hope the new owners will update and show that even what seemed to be dead and dark can be revived to a happy place.

----------

Sastenius, You mentioned you are doing a documentary on this home, Is that being commissioned by the new owners?
    Just wondering.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 02-15-2017 at 11:38 AM.

The purchaser knows Hollywood history I'm sure, I mean her mama shoulda told her!!!

I guess they are not scared of what could be lurking in the halls... I ain't gonna lie - I don't think I could live there.
    Visit? Yes. Make the master bedroom my own? Helllll Nahhhhhhhh!!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

sastenius Guest
    Hisandhearse, the film is not being commissioned by the new owners, we are an independent film company working on our own accord.

Just wondering whatever became of this beautiful house, Did they fix it or raze it? I hope they renovated it.
    Anyone know?

23. 04-13-2017, 04:49 PM

It looks like they are still working through permit process. It is still as it was, but the inside is gutted out (did anyone see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKusF49kknE? Interviews owners and shows inside a bit).
    Hey SusieQ, Wow, That is a great video..It is so nice to see the owners renovating instead of tearing it down like so many do- I think it will make a lovely home once finished, I hope they have many happy years there. I wonder if they will show the finished home once done? Would you mind keeping us updated?
    Thanks so much for including this video. Blessings,

I never knew Gloria Allred's daughter was Lisa Bloom! And... until I saw this video I didn't know it was Lisa Bloom buying the house! Thanks SusieQ, you're the best!!!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I never knew Gloria Allred's daughter was Lisa Bloom! And... until I saw this video I didn't know it was Lisa Bloom buying the house! Thanks SusieQ, you're the best!!!
    I always liked Gloria Allred even though there are many folks who don't care for her(Don't get it but whatever) I think most ppl knew of Lisa bloom through her mum but never expected she would purchase a house with this kind of notoriety, But it just goes to show you never know.
    Although I believe in ghosts, imprints etc- I happen to feel it isn't haunted just a house w/a bad reputation due to its unlived in condition for decades~ But thats JMO.
    The architectural is what is interesting to me, Anything that is left untouched (basically) for those many years is intriguing within itself..Its just been begging to be loved and cared for IMO.
    I do think its very nice that Lisa and her husband are showing respect for the former families/residents.
    Hope the Bloom/Pollack family has many blessed and happy years at this home.
    I agree, Susie Q is the best for updating us, Hopeshe will be kind enough to keep us all updated~~Bless her heart------JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-20-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Roxy Dog Guest
    Here is a photo of Judye (now Judith) taken in February 2017.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Judith Perelson.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	54321  

Perelson Murder House

Hello Everyone!

Wanted to pass these pics along as I know we all are looking for any recent updates on this fascinating home. I was just in LA, these were taken on Sunday, August 7 in the morning. Nothing has been done, very odd....In fact, I noticed one of the front windows above the entrance door has been broken..anyone ever noticed this before?? The house had an eerie calm to it, it was a beautiful morning. I didn't have time to go and investigate any further as we were headed to a wedding down in Laguna Beach. Enjoy!

Name:	IMG_0446.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	462.9 KB 
ID:	54389   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0447.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	416.4 KB 
ID:	54390   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53A1A078-41D5-4308-8E09-4274DDBE1295.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	54391   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0449.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	395.3 KB 
ID:	54392  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0451.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	342.2 KB 
ID:	54393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F12E21A1-C94C-42E1-9B1E-A39C9017CC38.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	276.1 KB 
ID:	54394  

Smile

Hi Triccelli,
    Thank you for sharing the photos and update.
    I don't think I would dare go on the property especially since it is owned by an attorney-
    Apparently it is going through renovations..
    In that upper far right photo you can kind of see that it has been taken down to the studs.
    Is the fence new to the property? I like that..Really fits the house.
    Although, To avoid that abandoned look, You would think they would do something with that lawn??
    Poor thing looks starved for water...Scary too considering how dry it is..
    But then again, with contractors and such maybe they are just waiting to landscape??
    I hope they haven't given up on the place, It really does look like it is just yearning to be loved.
    Wouldn't it be neat to see what it looks like when they finish renovating .
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-10-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Hi HisandHearse, they won't do anything to the lawn until right before they move in, we are still under a drought and water restriction.

Obviously the month of halloween, Wondering the progress of how this home is doing now? Anyone?

Don't know if you're still checking this, but I sent you a PM. I've been there as recently as several weeks back...

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Obviously the month of halloween, Wondering the progress of how this home is doing now? Anyone?

I'm not sure if they've totally remodeled and the house still appears to be empty, however, I was on a hill above (there's a spot where I can easily 'see'... in to the backyard) and you could hear a bunch of kids coming from either that house or potentially a neighbour, however, because of the location, the neighbours seem a bit off in terms of the distance and the sound path. They've put up a more permanent gate that makes trespassing (more) difficult, but it's easy enough to get close to it and around it. I've basically got it down in terms of being able to wander in that area without people giving me much of a second glance anymore.

I'll try to hit up Los Feliz again this weekend and get some pictures for you. I always forget which I've posted, etc. I have so many at this point.

The strange part (to me) is just knowing the condition of that place. Unless there was far more cosmetic than structural damage, it's still impossible for me to imagine living in it after a few months. One room had black moldâ??at least that's what I'm 99.9% sure that's what it wasâ??and that stuff is so nasty and makes you sick. If it was in one room, I'd imagine it was in other places that weren't visible. This is purely my personal observation. It may have been something else. I did have black mold in my own loft and it was a mess. I'm just basing my speculation on that.

Anyway, if anyone has any requests, please just leave me a note here. I'll probably go on Sunday. : ) I'm still (always) happy to talk about this place.

Edit:I just had a thoughtâ??I'm wondering if after buying the place, they realized it needed much more work than they initially thought(?) They did clear the big dumpster that had been there in late January, and it really hasn't been seemingly rehabbed a whole lot (at all.) If I'm correct about the mold, I'm willing to bet that any estimates they initially received went through the roof (no pun intended.) I know she just quit working for Harvey Weinstein and that would've had some megabucks behind it.

I'm not sure what else she does, but even though they were able to buy the place (2.3 was it?) she said in an interview about the house that they loved the neighbourhood, but otherwise couldn't afford to buy in it. As a rough estimate, some of the homes between Los Feliz Blvd thru lower Glendower Ave. are some average middle class homes (or look it) for any other place. The homes as you pass Glendower Pl and continue up Glendower Ave do get larger and more expensive. A quick glance shows many properties are easily 4.5-5.5 mil, with a forclosure being the only one that's 'cheap' at 1.8 million. If they couldn't afford the neighborhood, I'm just guessing that the renovations needed were so extensive that they may have done some basic work to be able to live there (can't imagine...) or decided to hang on to it and do things in increments.
    Last edited by sfcitygirl; 10-19-2017 at 06:41 PM.

New pictures! So sorry it took longer to post. Threw my back out & that hasn’t been fun. Long story short, it’s essentially more in disrepair since the last time I went.

heres a link to the video—processing & upload took longer l thought:
    https://vid.me/realjaygeorge/albums

Name:	6A2155FE-7AC6-44C9-88DA-6BF36DFA8B6B.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	54521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9CC23AEF-8E91-48E8-B51A-75E7BC7079E7.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	574.8 KB 
ID:	54522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBB186E2-D8EC-4EFA-99FC-1F46FC616F3A.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	339.0 KB 
ID:	54520  
    Last edited by sfcitygirl; 11-08-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    New pictures! So sorry it took longer to post. Threw my back out & that hasnâ??t been fun. Long story short, itâ??s essentially more in disrepair since the last time I went.

heres a link to the videoâ??processing & upload took longer l thought:
    https://vid.me/realjaygeorge/albums
    Hi SF, Thank you for posting this and keeping us all up to date-Sorry to hear the house has not progressed any further than before..Wonder if there is more repairs than they thought there would be?

Moreover, sorry to hear about your back, That can be very painful.
    Hope you are now on the mend now~ if not pls be careful and get well soon.

I wonder what progress has been made on this house? Any odd occurrences during renovation?

https://youtu.be/bt6GRJnwOLE I ran across this and thought I would share, sorry I don't know how to make it so you can just click. Oh well it did it for me. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays ya'll.

Lisa Bloom, former truTV host, daughter of famed civil rights attorney Gloria Allred and her husband, entrepreneur Braden Pollock, have listed the so-called murder house in Los Feliz for sale at $3.5 million. Bloom and Pollock bought the property three years in a probate sale for $2.3 million, and were reportedly renovating the hillside home, which had fallen into disrepair as it sat dormant for more than half a century. However, it appears there’s much work to be done for the next owner; a listing for the property notes that the home’s interior has been “taken down to the studs.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/rea...517-story.html

A Youtube channel, Obsolete Oddity, just posted a video about the history of the family and house.

Not much new stuff, they alledge the financial problems of the family were due to a business partnership that went awry for Dr. Perelson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wstW-VE6ss
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    A Youtube channel, Obsolete Oddity, just posted a video about the history of the family and house.

Not much new stuff, they alledge the financial problems of the family were due to a business partnership that went awry for Dr. Perelson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wstW-VE6ss
    I was trying to say thx for video. I'm not very good with posting, sorry.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-24-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Hi There,

I discovered this thread / story of this house in March of 2020. I also live not far from the house and have driven by / kept tabs on it prob a good 10 or so times in the past year. Im not so sure if it’s still on the market but I drove by last week and it had these new signs out front. Landry Design Group and Sunset Equity.

There was also at one point (prob 3 months ago) a row of concrete trucks going in and out the property.

At another point recently, there was a white Mercedes Benz in the drive along with the local neighborhood security keeping an eye out.

Not sure what’s up exactly but appears things are being worked on, whether or not a new buyer is lined up.

Some other random thoughts after keeping up via this thread / recent YouTube accounts (all very informative):

1.) I forget who on here was trying to make a documentary film on the house and past history before the Peterson’s moved in? Any update there? Or anything paranormal related on the houses history?

2.) Is there, or has there been any effort to find out what family was allegedly renting the home for a year in 1960? Curious to know they’re story of how they abruptly left.

All the best

Well, it looks like Lisa cannot afford the renovation of the property. I’ve been looking at buying a new home & today I stumbled upon another RE listing for this house. It gives you an idea of what their architect apparently rendered, but at least the outside remains original. Here’s a look: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Los-Angele...gn=share_sheet

The inside looks really nice!

Well Damn, it looks like it's pretty much done! What is it she can't afford? I'm sure her mama will cover her. I mean, unless she's scared....

Shejay, the cost of doing any yard work has gone up as we are under a severe drought and she may have gotten the notice to put the fake grass a lot of places have to put in now. So it can cost a lot to dig up all the work they put in just to put in no water or low water grass or fake grass. Now they are implementing a fine of 600 dollars and up for anyone who waters their lawn more than the allotted days and times. We now can't even flush our toilets unless we have to. So yeah it can get pricey to do a major landscape project.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 07-13-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Oh I know all about droughts & watering limitations. I live in Houston, we have had triple digit heat for over a month and almost zero rain fall. Let us not forget the wonderful 100% humidity. 🤬

I mainly meant that with all the work that she has done, it's a shame she is going to sell. She first listed it for sale in 2019 as mentioned in this thread and said it was "down to the studs", she must have done some kind of work in there from looking at her pics. Im just curious what the real reason may be. Honestly, I doubt money is an issue for her. A few little bumps in the night maybe? 😉

We are in LA visiting my daughter right now and trust me this weather is A MILLION times better than what's going on at home in Texas. Houston is the freakin devils armpit right now with no end in site. We can only water our yards twice a week on alternating days depending on your address. That sound like alot to you I am sure, but trust me it's not. Our yards are literally burning up and replacing grass in the yards are pretty much going to be a reality if we don't get some good rain and soon. Unfortunately, we can't all afford million dollar homes so it's going to be a huge expense to us regular Joe's on top of our outrageous electric bills.

Oh, see now. She's selling to cash out! She bought the house for 2.5 million in probate and now it's listed again at 5.5 million. The first time she listed it for sale in 2019 it was listed for 3.5 million without the interior done.

Makes sense now.