Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Artie Lange

I love ya you baby gorilla. Get better soon.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

punklove Guest
    Does anyone else feel like this may be something serious? Howard and Robins comments seem a little off to me, as if something is really wrong. Could this have been a suicide attempt?

Stern's co-host Robin Quivers also heaped praise on Lange, saying "[He] is the most loving guy, always giving."

We all have our demons," said Stern, referring to Lange's past battles with addiction. "Artie has given this show tremendous moments of great comedy. He's a tremendous contributor. He is a good man. Don't forget how great he is."
    Last edited by punklove; 01-05-2010 at 04:46 AM.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    Does anyone else feel like this may be something serious? Howard and Robins comments seem a little off to me, as if something is really wrong. Could this have been a suicide attempt?

Stern's co-host Robin Quivers also heaped praise on Lange, saying "[He] is the most loving guy, always giving."

We all have our demons," said Stern, referring to Lange's past battles with addiction. "Artie has given this show tremendous moments of great comedy. He's a tremendous contributor. He is a good man. Don't forget how great he is."

I think it has to be serious-they are rather vague. I don't know if it is for privacy sake or something else.
    Perhaps a relapse?

I think that Lange was actually fired from the show the week before vacation, when he disappeared from the show, and then something serious happened after that, either a suicide attempt (there are rumors of drinking bleach and stabbing himself in the stomach elsewhere on the internet) or an overdose.

I think the interesting thing is that Howard seems to not be in contact with the family. He said he read on the internet that Artie's family wanted to keep it private and that's why he doesn't want to talk about it. I had a sinking feeling when Artie was gone for the last week, and when I heard that it makes more sense. I guess we'll see, but unfortunately I don't think we'll hear Artie on the show again. I actually don't like it nearly as much without him.

punklove Guest
    Howard Stern alluded to, but did not read this morning a report from the New York Post's Page Six detailing a suicide attempt by his on-air sidekick/stand-up comedian Artie Lange.

From the Page Six item, posted early this morning:
    "Troubled comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, sources told The Post. Lange's frantic mom called 911 Saturday morning after she entered his Hoboken apartment and found the bloodied funnyman, a law-enforcement source said. Lange sustained six "hesitation wounds" and three deep plunges. A source close to Lange's management team confirmed that the Howard Stern sidekick stabbed himself, adding that his mother had come to visit him that day to drop off food. Surgeons managed to save Lange despite heavy bleeding."

At first Stern said he would read the item, then changed his mind several times before deciding not to read it. "I'm sorry. I just feel sick about this, I don't know what to do." Stern talked about Lange and his situation for about 15 minutes. He referred to Lange's troubles with substance abuse (the cause of his absence from the show since early December) and reminisced about his early appearances on the show - at times sounding like he was eulogizing his sidekick, before saying "I don't want this to sound like a eulogy."

This is very sad. Nine times shows this man was determined to die. I think his demons are catching up with him. Sadly I doubt that he will live much longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    This is very sad. Nine times shows this man was determined to die. I think his demons are catching up with him. Sadly I doubt that he will live much longer.
    Honestly I feel the same way. Someone thats able to stab themselves 9 times is in a looooooot of emotional pain, The idea that he could make two deep wounds and still . Had his mother not found him he would be dead because he was bleeding very badly.. Thats actually what makes me think hes not going to live much longer, He LOVES his mother so much and I think that being faced with knowing that she found him will be unbearable for him. They said he also drank bleach.

Howard talking about it this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOi9tCTeU24
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oHpcMsETEA

Wow, so it was a stabbing. Terrible. I really hope he can pull through this. This is his second suicide attempt. I pray he gets the help he needs and can somehow be happy.

ajlposh Guest
    This does not look good. Let's pray that he gets well. He was hilarious at the Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner

Dying Breath Guest
    If you go to his web site it shows that his New Years shows were canceled .. must have been something going on....

punklove Guest
    Robin said he was doing ok phyiscally...

From a mental standpoint I honestly dont think its going to be good. If you think about it, someone thats able to stab themselves that many times really means business (unless he was on some sort of drug like crytal meth or whatever that would make him violent) and Im afraid that just the guilt of putting his mother through that will lead to more attempts.

Meli Guest
    damn, to stab yourself you have to be seriously fucked up. god... I cant even take my own blood to test my blood sugar (hubby does it for me) so this is so far from my understand.... I hope this guy gets better!

ajlposh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    Im afraid that just the guilt of putting his mother through that will lead to more attempts.
    Don't they say that most people who try suicide and survive never try again?

Quote Originally Posted by ajlposh View Post
    I don't know about that but this is Artie's second suicide attempt.

Dirty Work, underated brilliant film.

Pull it together man! This sux.
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

motherogod Guest
    Actually, when assessing a depressed person, previous suicide attempts mean a necessary heightened state of alert, treatment, whatever. A person who has attempted and survived often gets that "woah, I'll never do THAT again!" feeling, but most often due to untreated mental illness and/or substance abuse issues, the suicidal feelings come back along with a feeling of failure from previous attempts.

This isn't 100% of course. Any way, suicide is terrible and for him to stab himself is unbelieveable. I've seen many people just brought back from attempts in many different ways, but no one with NINE stab wounds. He was serious and I'd predict he'll be pissed that he survived.

I've never heard that. My dad tried in 1992 and his mother found him and he lived. He finally succeeded in 1999, six months after she died since there was no one to find and/or stop him.

I would think it would be the opposite: if you don't succeed, try try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great news Artie Lange was released from the Hospital today.
    Get well you baby gorilla and don't do that stupid shit anymore.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

Heal quickly, cuddly muffin.

Too many people love and admire you for you to throw your life away.

The world needs more funny people. Get well.

punklove Guest
    I honestly think Artie wont be alive long.

The knife that he cut himself with was 13 inches, hes attempted to kill himself in the past, he has major drug addiction issues, suffers from a personality disorder and he has major issues with guilt. He feels guilty he wasnt there when his father fell off that ladder.. He feels guilty about the stress/pain that hes put his mother and sister through and Im fearful now that he will find it impossible to deal with the added distress of his mother having to find in nearly dead.

Also, when someone with so many other means to kill themselves pick such a Violent way it certainly tells how much they hate themselves as well desperation. He could have easily done several other things to attempt to kill himself without having to plunge a 13 inch knife into his body.

I can only hope that he will see the very act of his mother finding him and saving him just in time as fates way of telling him its not his time to die - Had his mother come any later and he would have been dead. He had no clue that she would be coming that morning (she typically comes in the afternoon to stock his fridge) so I just hope he can work through this and be ok.

Get well soon, baby gorilla!

One of my favorite artie moments.. With beetle juice (I thought Mr T was going to have a stroke)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohznY...eature=related

I ADORE this part..

ARTIE to beetlejuice.. "I heard you shit in your pants"
    BEETLE: Dont you shit in yours??

I also love when beet comes back in after taking off his overshirt because hes going to beat up beetle.
    Last edited by punklove; 01-10-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Is he okay now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

ajlposh Guest
    Yea he's fine...for now

Blurgle Guest
    It's not true, though, like most media-fuelled urban legends about suicide.

Myth: Most suicide survivors never try again.
    Reality: Nobody knows how many try again, but most successful suicides come after multiple unsuccessful attempts.

Myth: People who talk a lot about committing suicide are not serious about it and are only looking for attention.
    Reality: How much a person talks about suicide beforehand has no connection to how serious they are about suicide. It's basically down to personal style. Some people talk a lot about things, some don't.

Myth: Most suicides leave notes. If a suicide doesn't leave a note, it was probably a murder made to look like a suicide.
    Reality: This is the biggest myth around. Most suicides don't leave notes.

Yea he's fine...for now
    Well, 2 people have him listed in their Death Pool...will he prove them wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

I used to like Artie until I heard him on the radio treating his girl like crap and another time hearing about an altercation he had with his then/intern? I guess what goes around, can come around.

punklove Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TOBI View Post
    I used to like Artie until I heard him on the radio treating his girl like crap and another time hearing about an altercation he had with his then/intern? I guess what goes around, can come around.
    Im a long time Stern fan and I really liked Artie for a long time.. I still do but things he does can really annoy me.

The girl thing - when he was with Dana he did sometimes treat her badly, maybe the time you are talking about is when they went out somewhere (I think maybe to a football game but not sure) and he wanted to get cigarettes and made her go in alone.. Something happened (cant remember) that he ended up leaving her and she had to walk home. He also made a big deal out of her getting a dog and punished her by never going back to her place, she had to always come to his..

Teddy is the one that he had the fight with. Teddy was an intern that artie hired to do things for him.. kind of like an assistant. The fight happened when Artie was back on drugs and he and Teddy were fighting in the hall during a break so then Howard of course started talking about it when back on air.. I think the fight was about Teddy doing something with arties passport, I think he made copies of it and left them in the copy machine.

Howard said that he agreed with Teddy and then Artie just lost it and threw some stuff at Teddy then tried to get into the part of the room that Teddy was in.. Thankfully the only way to get there was through a door and the there were people right there that shoved him into the green room. Below is just the fight part of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd_BWUcE2kA

Complete audio from start to finish,

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIuIPUF7FBM
    Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPUAeUyJa48
    Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x10PgEpWig&feature=related

punklove Guest
    Oh, and the above wasnt the first time Artie tried to attack someone at work.. He got in a fight with Sal and threw stuff at him as well.

As much as I like Artie I really dont think its fair he was allowed back, not only because he had already done something similar and was warned that if he did it again he would be fired but also because when Aj Benzo hit stuttering John he was fired right away.

AJ hitting John.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6F_FTeWEc4

Full audio from start to finish
    Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP0nm4KcDnw&feature=related
    Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4yrD0jcGRw&feature=related

Artie Lange Jack and Coke on The Comedy Channel tonight.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Artie Lange Autograph

Well I am glad that Artie did not make it onto FindADeath (despite his attempts - 13 stabs in the gut - yikes!)
    Anyway, here is a signed picture of the baby gorilla...
    Get better soon, Artie!

(and I'm not being disrespectful - Don Rickles called Artie "Baby Gorilla" in his [and Norm MacDonald's] movie "Dirty Work". I consider "Baby Gorilla" to be a term of endearment.... lol)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtieLangeThe BachelorwChrisODonnell.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	29487  

Cool pic! I hope Baby Gorilla is doing well. I really miss him on the show.

I heard he did some stand-up a few months ago. I really like his work but it made me sad to realize that the only three biographies of comics that I own are his, John Candy's and Chris Farley's.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Egad....he looks like shit...worse than usual. Its too bad, I like Artie.

Anyone read his latest book? I read the first one & liked it.

I like him and my heart skips a beat when I see his name in the media. Sadly I always think, "This is it. Let me read this and see where he died and who found him." (It is also sad that we will all be able to guess what caused his death and that Diabetes will be the second guess.)

Carlos Danger Guest
    Just die and be done with it already, you fat fucking loser!

He is never going to change. He has gotten too many breaks for his behavior. The jagoff just needs to kick it and get it over with.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I listen to his Artie Quitter podcast and I could tell something was going on with him. I hope Artie can get his shit together... I knew something was going on. This time on HS was my favorite. I wish he could get this shit together.

Apparently he's not too worried about dying...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

why is heroin so powerful ??

Never done it but i've done oxycodone and my best friend tell me it's that feeling times 1000, so if I you like the feeling of it doing the heroin is just that much better. She said it was awesome. I'm still too scared to try it and never will, but I can see why people do.

I've read his book and it was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever read. I'd like to see Artie kick the habit instead of the bucket, too many great comedians have went that way and a trend that needs to be stopped.

The guy has talent, I hope this time he can beat it and stay clean.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Wow... what were they thinking when they hired him? I hate to say it, but maybe jail will allow him to take stock of his life, but I doubt there's much hope for him, he doesn't seem to want to make a change. I've always been afraid of heroin from the time I was a kid, I know how it ropes you in and you spend the remainder of your life chasing that 1st time, just not worth it.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Michaela_Myers Guest
    Wow, learned something new today. "Hesitation wounds." Never thought about that. Guess I'm glad it never crossed my mind...

Still a Dumbass. I think some jail time would be the only thing that will save him from Himself.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Artie pleaded guilty in court and is now in rehab, the court sentencing will be Feb 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Artie pleaded guilty in court and is now in rehab, the court sentencing will be Feb 23rd
    wish him all the best - I will never understand drug and alcohol addiction.