Page 1 of 24 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: River Phoenix - Warning Dead Pic!

Guest Guest

River Phoenix - Warning Dead Pic!

Does anyone know where I can hear the full 911 call that was made by his brother the night River died? I can only find part of it

erin Guest
    Scott plays it on his Dearly Departed Tour. It is so sad to listen to. It was Joaquin that made the call that night. He sounded so scared, and heartbroken. I'm sure Scott knows where to find the whole recording, though.
    Last edited by erin; 10-09-2007 at 07:31 AM.

I did hear it on a show called last 24 hours... its horrible to hear as you can hear the panic in his voice..... the show itself was an eyeopener... River really went wild after being so clean for his last movie role...

motherogod Guest
    I remember when that "Last 24 Hours" was going to be on... forgot to tivo it, though. Everything about River's death still gets to me. Ugh, makes me sad. To see pics of Joacquin and River together makes me well up. I'll be sure to keep checking back to this to find where I could hear it... not that I really want to... yes I do... no, wait...

miz rosebud Guest
    i think if you go on youtube and watch the last 24 hours of river it plays it on there.

That dude snorted, injected, ate everything the night he died. I seem to recall on an tv special he had taken a BUNCH of drugs that night.

hoxharding Guest

River

I don't recall which magazine it was, but it was a really good(but sad) article on River. Evidently people really tried to step in and help him.
    One man said he refused to eat meat,but had no trouble doing heroin.
    I also recall a quote in a fan magazine he made once. He wisecracked that he had a runny nose or something and people kept handing him cards for rehabs or something.
    I don't have access to the 911 tapes or know where they are. I do
    have the tabloid photo that is seen on this site.

Phoenix is here. The third call in I think.

edit: just listened to it, guess it's not the whole thing huh?
    Last edited by W Axl Rose; 10-09-2007 at 03:34 AM.

Laura1020 Guest
    What a tragic end to such a gifted actor who had a brilliant future ahead of him. Did you guys know that Joaquin never speaks about his brother in interviews? Can't say I blame him. I love that Joaquin has become one of Hollywood's hottest actors. If you ask me, he was jipped out of that Oscar in 2005.

erin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura1020 View Post
    If you ask me, he was jipped out of that Oscar in 2005.
    Yes, he most certainly was.

hoxharding Guest
    I am so happy I found this forum! I once told a couple of people I had the issue of the tabloid that had River's death picture in it. They acted like I was a ghoul!
    It is somewhere among books I own and other stuff I rarely ever glance at.

tigerlily Guest
    I think if you just google "River Phoenix overdose 911 call" or something like that you could find it somewhere. I know Joaquin was really upset that it was not only released but played over and over again, sensationalized for the tabloid media, etc.

I've been an admirer of River for a few years now, though I was still a little kid when he died, and it's been interesting to watch Joaquin come into his own in Hollywood. If you read interviews with him in the press, he is consistently very negative about almost anything having to do with his movies, fans, etc. It's clear that although he loves to act, he still has alot of hate for the town, industry, and people (even fans?) that destroyed and eventually "killed" his older brother. It's very evident that there is alot of repressed grief and pain there.

"Whatever, Whenever, have a nice day"

tigerlily Guest
    Oh, and to hoxharding, I'm a vegan (which means I don't eat any animal products at all) and I've also struggled/am struggling with heroin addiction. One actually has very little to do with the other - for me, the veganism is less about health and more about not wanting to use or hurt animals as though they were put here on earth to nourish and support ME. Just an interesting observation.

My favorite movie of his, was "Dog Fight".

Yeah, a tragic loss - that could have been prevented.

dirk diggler Guest
    Stand by me ..mine

SlippyInvader Guest
    The shatner call was very upsetting.

fanable Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    Stand by me ..mine
    Same here...great movie, and so sad when you think that that 12/13 year old had no idea how he would end up dying a few short years later.

HUGE River Fan here. Stand by Me was always my favorite movie - until he died. Now, I can't watch it simply because at the end, River fades into the distance while the narriator is telling how he died on a street corner. Talk about foreshadowing!!!

StricklandFOREVER Guest
    The first place I went when I moved to Los Angeles, California was go to the Viper Room. Do you know that people still place gifts, pictures and flowers in front of the door where River died in honor of him.....it really is hard to see. He left so early.......

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I am so happy I found this forum! I once told a couple of people I had the issue of the tabloid that had River's death picture in it. They acted like I was a ghoul!
    It is somewhere among books I own and other stuff I rarely ever glance at.
    A ghoul? What about all the years ago when Life magazine had all the photo's of President Kennedy's assination? My mother STILL has her copy of the magazine. See, Death Hags are generations old!!

different kind of girl Guest
    Stand by Me is such a great movie... I had a time when I wanted to see any and everything River Phoenix. Remember Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon? (sp) and his girlfriend, what was her name... I always thought it was awesome she was his girlfriend because she certainly isn't a stunning woman. -Martha Plimpton, something like that.

Bake Guest
    this is interesting, its a flim clip of celebrity 911 calls, it has part of River Phoenix's in it, William Shatners is sad too...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/149028...ity_911_calls/

different kind of girl Guest
    oh god, that is so sad. "he's dying." I am sure Joaquin will never, ever get that out of his mind.

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Phoenix is here. The third call in I think.

edit: just listened to it, guess it's not the whole thing huh?
    I'm sorry..you posted the very same as I later found I should have gone to your link before I posted.

malaki Guest
    Thanks for the address Bake....It's very sad about River & William both, but I gotta say..Joaquin is adorable, I just love him!!!!, great actor...

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    stand by me hands down is my fav

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post

that's my favorite movie of his too...love Lily Taylor as well

hoxharding Guest
    Tigerlilly-I know. It wasn't a judgement. I just recalled the quote.
    =)

letty1970 Guest
    I have seen joequin in a few interviews and he seems slightly screwed up .I hope he isnt going the same way as riverAt the cannes film festival he was being interviewed annd was slurring his words and showing very manic behaviour
    Last edited by letty1970; 10-19-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post

My fave too!

monroe27 Guest

Red face

I like the one movie that River was in.. the name escaspes me at the moment, but he was a country singer, and his love interest in the movie was Samantha Mathis? I think he dated her in real life as well. But I love that movie. Sandra Bullock is in it also.

monroe27 Guest
    Thing Called Love!! I remembered! My fiance kind of favors River. When I get my computer running correctly, I will post a pic of him.

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    It's really not tragic, when you are in so much pain that you have to do that many drugs, I am sure he is at peace now.

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by letty1970 View Post
    I have seen joequin in a few interviews and he seems slightly screwed up .I hope he isnt going the same way as riverAt the cannes film festival he was being interviewed annd was slurring his words and showing very manic behaviour
    I think he is a shy and insecure indivual and he covers up this by acting like that.

Today marks 14 years since River Phoenix's untimely passing .. drugs are bad mmmmkay!

Personally Stand By Me was his best work... I wasn't a fan of Rivers post puberty.

Ruffian Guest
    I agree that Stand by Me was fantastic. If you're a River fan, then make sure you watch I Love You To Death. I think death hags in general will find it amusing, as well. I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Demondahlia View Post
    Today marks 14 years since River Phoenix's untimely passing .. drugs are bad mmmmkay!
    I thought of him 1st thing this morning. Very sad and a huge waste...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    I agree that Stand by Me was fantastic. If you're a River fan, then make sure you watch I Love You To Death. I think death hags in general will find it amusing, as well. I loved it!
    I will throw that one on my NETFLIX, thanks Ruffian.

i thought the world of River when i was younger and was upset when he died, but not really surprised , my favorite film was my own private idaho . joaquin has become and outstanding actor now . You can hear the emtion and panick in the phone call its really sad .

FoxMulder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by p00key View Post
    i thought the world of River when i was younger and was upset when he died, but not really surprised , my favorite film was my own private idaho . joaquin has become and outstanding actor now . You can hear the emtion and panick in the phone call its really sad .

Awww, I saw My Own Private Idaho. I loved his acting in that one. Outstanding! I could really feel his pain as a narcoleptic gay hustler who fell for Keanu Reeves' character. Brilliant.

I Love You To Death was a rather funny movie.

I remember being stunned when I heard about his death on the radio. What a f****** waste. Yeah, he'll smoke and do drugs but won't eat meat, that's toxic! I watched that last 24 hrs show a couple of months ago and I will always despise Judy Davis. She treated him like crap through the whole movie (his last which was never released). There was a spooky part, on the last day of filming he walked toward the camera which was still rolling and since there were candles lit behind him his silhouette was totally black. I believe that was the night he died and they found the footage later.

tensecondstolove Guest
    I am still to this day such a huge fan of River. I can't pick a fave of his films though, I love em all. He was definitely on my mind two days ago. Can't believe it's been 14 years.

Ruffian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    I remember being stunned when I heard about his death on the radio. What a f****** waste. Yeah, he'll smoke and do drugs but won't eat meat, that's toxic! I watched that last 24 hrs show a couple of months ago and I will always despise Judy Davis. She treated him like crap through the whole movie (his last which was never released). There was a spooky part, on the last day of filming he walked toward the camera which was still rolling and since there were candles lit behind him his silhouette was totally black. I believe that was the night he died and they found the footage later.

Could you give more details as to why/how Judy Davis treated him so badly?

tensecondstolove Guest
    ^She's just a bitter old c*nt. At least that's what I always thought about that. She's notoriously hard to work with I've heard.

I woke up on that morning after in 93 and i just knew someone famous had died (i sometimes get that feeling never lets me down) and sure enough when i put my tv on it was River, i was so sad he had so much more to give, i also remember buying The Enquirer when there was the pic of him in the coffin, maybe that's when i became a death hag lol

hoxharding Guest

Casket Photo

I knew I had a copy of the tabloid the picture was in! I just found it.(Scott shows a copy of the photo)
    It was in The National Enquirer-November 23,1993(page 22)
    Dr.Merle E. Parker was quoted as saying "The National Enquirer is doing a public service by publishing the picture. It shows what drug use really is all about-it's about death."

*Also on the cover of the issue:

"Cops raid Michael Jackson's secret bedroom"
    "Naomi Judd tells all"
    and "Di photos that rocked the palace."

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    Could you give more details as to why/how Judy Davis treated him so badly?
    Two days after he died, Director George Sluizer of Dark Blood claims that Davis said, "he deserved to die; he was an unstable boy".

Last 24 (on Biography Channel) stated that Davis literally had River in tears due to how difficult she was to deal with. Diva stuff, calling him Frat boy and generally being unpleasant. She later said he had been on drugs at the time but others around him said he was clean at that point. He begged the director to save the love scenes until the last shoot which he did. It was after that that he went to the Viper room.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    The shatner call was very upsetting.

i always thought Shatner was involved in her death. It all seemed a bit convenient. he seemed to mourn for about 10 minutes.

50. 11-03-2007, 10:17 PM

Ruffian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    Two days after he died, Director George Sluizer of Dark Blood claims that Davis said, "he deserved to die; he was an unstable boy".

Last 24 (on Biography Channel) stated that Davis literally had River in tears due to how difficult she was to deal with. Diva stuff, calling him Frat boy and generally being unpleasant. She later said he had been on drugs at the time but others around him said he was clean at that point. He begged the director to save the love scenes until the last shoot which he did. It was after that that he went to the Viper room.
    Thank you, Jenga, for the info. I always figured her for a Bitch and now you've verified it.