Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clark Gable

Wow, he looks just like his grandfather!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    His grandson Clark Gable III has died at age 30

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...30-says-report
    From the news today, the cause of death was released:

Clark James Gable III, host of the reality TV show "Cheaters" and grandson of late Academy Award-winning actor Clark Gable, died of an accidental drug overdose, according to the Dallas County Medical Examinerâ??s office.
    Gable had a mix of illicit fentanyl, oxycodone and alprazolam in his system, the medical examiner's office told Fox News on Friday. Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine. In 2017, 59.8 percent of opioid-related deaths involved fentanyl, according to federal data.

Gable died February 22 at a Dallas Hospital. His fiancée found him unresponsive in his bed, according to TMZ.
    Gable hosted â??Cheatersâ? since 2012. The show features confrontations with people suspected of being unfaithful.
    His grandfather, Clark Gable, who was the star of "Gone With the Wind" and winner of the best actor Oscar for the 1934 film, "It Happened One Night," died in 1960 in Los Angeles.
    Gable and his fiancée had an infant daughter.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post

Clark James Gable III, host of the reality TV show "Cheaters" and grandson of late Academy Award-winning actor Clark Gable, died of an accidental drug overdose, according to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office.
    Gable had a mix of illicit fentanyl, oxycodone and alprazolam in his system, the medical examiner's office told Fox News on Friday. Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine. In 2017, 59.8 percent of opioid-related deaths involved fentanyl, according to federal data.

Gable died February 22 at a Dallas Hospital. His fiancée found him unresponsive in his bed, according to TMZ.
    Gable hosted “Cheaters” since 2012. The show features confrontations with people suspected of being unfaithful.
    His grandfather, Clark Gable, who was the star of "Gone With the Wind" and winner of the best actor Oscar for the 1934 film, "It Happened One Night," died in 1960 in Los Angeles.
    Very sad news to hear about his death.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post

Clark James Gable III, host of the reality TV show "Cheaters" and grandson of late Academy Award-winning actor Clark Gable, died of an accidental drug overdose, according to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office.

Gable hosted “Cheaters” since 2012. The show features confrontations with people suspected of being unfaithful.
    Damn, that's sad.
    I used to drink about 10 or 12 beers and watch Cheaters, it seemed pretty entertaining under those circumstances.

I know that when we're young like he was we don't think about dying too much. But with all the people dying from those drugs, it seems like even young folks would get the message that they will kill you, and yes; it can (and will) "happen to me"; if I take that road.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Damn, that's sad.
    I used to drink about 10 or 12 beers and watch Cheaters, it seemed pretty entertaining under those circumstances.

I know that when we're young like he was we don't think about dying too much. But with all the people dying from those drugs, it seems like even young folks would get the message that they will kill you, and yes; it can (and will) "happen to me"; if I take that road.
    Absolutely! About 15 years ago, I was diagnosed with what the doctors thought was terminal ovarian cancer. Surgery was scheduled but the soonest they could get me in was in about three weeks. During that time, they put me on a Fentanyl patch because the pain was so bad and also because they thought I was terminal anyway. There were so many cautions about wearing the patch, in that I could not get it wet, I could not wear it taking a hot bath, steam room or outdoors if it was hotter than 80 degrees, the patch had to be changed every five days, I could not take any other pain relieving medication while relieving the patch, and only one patch would be issued to me every five days. But it worked great and I felt extremely euphoric while using it. Lucky for me, it turned out that I did NOT have terminal ovarian cancer, but just a cyst that was causing a great deal of pain. Unfortunately, by the time this was discovered, they could not just take me off the patch. I had to be weened off it slowly and had to be transferred over to other opiate drugs, including methadone. I could totally understand how people get addicted to drugs. The euphoria and lack of any negative feelings (fear, anger, depression, resentment, you name it) and high quality sleep that came with it made it extremely desirable. The problem is that these drugs make it impossible to work or have a functional relationship with anyone. They are not conducive to life. I was able to get off the meds with the help of a pain management team, but feel like I am now pre-disposed to drug addiction. My heart goes out to everyone who struggles with any type of addiction, regardless of the substance. Clark Gable III's death is such a tragedy.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

I remember watching several episodes of Cheaters but had no idea he was Clark Gable's son. It always saddens me when someone gets hooked and just can't get clean.

Addictive personality runs in my family. All of them are dead now due to their habits, except Baby, who is a recovering alcoholic and heroin addict, paying dearly for her substance abuse. I've taken pain pills after surgery and loved how they eased my pain and my insomnia, but I somehow managed to dodge the bullet.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I remember watching several episodes of Cheaters but had no idea he was Clark Gable's son.
    I don't know when he took it over.
    I haven't watched it since about 2009-2010, he wasn't the host then.

Glad you dodged the bullet, Cindy.
    And I'm glad that when I was coming up the big "drug problem" was mainly just pot.
    If we'd had meth and crack and such back then, no telling...

So sad to read about his death.

Was rummaging through some old boxes in the basement trying to determine what to donate, what to throw out, etc. A very nice cut-glass wine decanter was wrapped in some pages of the Phila. Daily News from 2/1/61 ! Obviously whoever I inherited this from was not a drinker, lol. Well, maybe they were, but they never used the decanter .....
    One page had a brief interview with Kay on Clark's birthday, she had not given birth yet and celebrated Clark's birthday with a Catholic mass which she attended alone. Clark and Kay had apparently arranged (when it was time for her to give birth) to have adjoining hospital rooms, which had been redesigned by the hospital for that purpose. On another page was a full-page ad for The Misfits, no one under 16 was admittted without an adult! Now it's on TCM whenever. Keeping the decanter and will try and smooth-out the papers to read them further.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    Was rummaging through some old boxes in the basement trying to determine what to donate, what to throw out, etc. A very nice cut-glass wine decanter was wrapped in some pages of the Phila. Daily News from 2/1/61 ! Obviously whoever I inherited this from was not a drinker, lol. Well, maybe they were, but they never used the decanter .....
    One page had a brief interview with Kay on Clark's birthday, she had not given birth yet and celebrated Clark's birthday with a Catholic mass which she attended alone. Clark and Kay had apparently arranged (when it was time for her to give birth) to have adjoining hospital rooms, which had been redesigned by the hospital for that purpose. On another page was a full-page ad for The Misfits, no one under 16 was admittted without an adult! Now it's on TCM whenever. Keeping the decanter and will try and smooth-out the papers to read them further.
    Ironic for a Death Hag to stumble upon this piece of priceless news. Thanks for sharing, Dave.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Seriously cool find!

I was checking out some websites I haven't looked at lately. Found this on a site that covers vintage TV/Movies, including downloading movie magazines (including the ads!).

https://neptsdepths.blogspot.com/202...uary-1961.html

This photo has me wondering: is it a generic photo added to the article about Gable's death (any old dead schmo in a casket) or did the Poison Pen Queen Louella Parsons obtain a genuine photo of Gable in his casket to accompany her article? I can't even find a photo of his casket as it was taken out of the church, etc., to compare it to this photo. I've read about Louella doing some vindictively shitty things to people during her career, but (as far as I know) Gable never gave her any problems that would deserve this dishonor. While hospitalized after the heart attack, Clark is supposed to have told wife Kay he wanted to have a closed casket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gable in coffin.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	55394

Most websites mention that during the rites the casket was closed. Perhaps at some point the casket was open for mourners to have one final look. FindAGrave has the awkward comment that Gable "was buried in a closed casket"! As compared to those of us who may want to be buried in an open casket.

I find it annoying as hell that photos of Marilyn attending the christening of Gable's son are described online as her attending the funeral. She did wear black to the christening - perhaps she felt that a sedate black outfit would seem more respectful. The fact that she's SMILING should be a pretty good indication this is not a funeral!

Name:	Marilyn at christening.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	55395

Norma Shearer and Marion Davies (showing the effects of the cancer that would soon kill her) attended Clark's funeral.

Name:	Norma Shearer at Gable Funeral.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	55396

Name:	Marion Davies at Gable funeral.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	55397

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    I was checking out some websites I haven't looked at lately. Found this on a site that covers vintage TV/Movies, including downloading movie magazines (including the ads!).

https://neptsdepths.blogspot.com/202...uary-1961.html

This photo has me wondering: is it a generic photo added to the article about Gable's death (any old dead schmo in a casket) or did the Poison Pen Queen Louella Parsons obtain a genuine photo of Gable in his casket to accompany her article? I can't even find a photo of his casket as it was taken out of the church, etc., to compare it to this photo. I've read about Louella doing some vindictively shitty things to people during her career, but (as far as I know) Gable never gave her any problems that would deserve this dishonor. While hospitalized after the heart attack, Clark is supposed to have told wife Kay he wanted to have a closed casket.

Name:	Gable in coffin.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	55394

Most websites mention that during the rites the casket was closed. Perhaps at some point the casket was open for mourners to have one final look. FindAGrave has the awkward comment that Gable "was buried in a closed casket"! As compared to those of us who may want to be buried in an open casket.

I find it annoying as hell that photos of Marilyn attending the christening of Gable's son are described online as her attending the funeral. She did wear black to the christening - perhaps she felt that a sedate black outfit would seem more respectful. The fact that she's SMILING should be a pretty good indication this is not a funeral!

Name:	Marilyn at christening.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	55395

Norma Shearer and Marion Davies (already showing the effects of the cancer that would soon kill her) attended Clark's funeral.

Name:	Norma Shearer at Gable Funeral.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	55396

Name:	Marion Davies at Gable funeral.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	55397
    Thank You for showing these photos.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

beautiful man Oh Clark why was i born too late?!!