Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clark Gable

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyb24 View Post
    Good lookin dudes.

lots of hair grease there...........

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Clark Gable III -- I'm Suing the Guy Who STABBED Me!

Clark Gable III -- grandson of the legendary actor -- has filed a lawsuit against the man who allegedly stabbed him in the chest during a house party in 2009 ... TMZ has learned.

According to the suit, Gable claims he was leaving the party in Calabasas, CA ... when two men began to harass the partygoers ... and one of the guys held a knife to Clark's friend's throat.

Gable claims he rushed to help his friend ... when the men turned on Clark ... and one of them stabbed CB3 in the left-side of his upper torso.

Clark claims he suffered "profuse bleeding, a punctured and collapsed lung, and he could not breath."

He supposedly fathered a few other illegitimate kids, besides Judy--namely 'Fugitive' star David Janssen and his 'Misfits' co-star Marilyn Monroe (imagine spending Thanksgiving with that family!).

CB3 reminds me more of Montgomery Clift more than Gable himself, particularly in the face.
    Last edited by theladyinquestion; 02-22-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Marilyn was obsessed in thinking Clark Gable was possibly her father but he really wasn't. At least everything I've looked into points that way.

slw Guest
    I love this quote from Wiki (I know! I know!)

Greer Garson was partnered with Clark Gable, after his return from war service, in Adventure (1945). The film was advertised with the catch-phrase "Gable's back and Garson's got him!"[8] Gable argued for "He put the Arson in Garson"; she countered "She Put the Able in Gable!"; thereafter, the safer catchphrase was selected.

Quote Originally Posted by theladyinquestion View Post
    CB3 reminds me more of Montgomery Clift more than Gable himself, particularly in the face.

yeah....I hadn't caught that before.

The closest we'll ever get to Gable is Clooney......not bad..........

zack Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    yeah....I hadn't caught that before.

The closest we'll ever get to Gable is Clooney......not bad..........
    CLOONEY?
    Frankly Kate,you must be Joking.

Some interesting trivia about Gable: he starred with Jean Harlow in her last film Saratoga (she died before filming was complete), and his own last performance in The Misfits was with Hollywood's second screen goddess Marilyn Monroe. So, he shared the screen with the two great blond goddesses for the last time...Harlow's and his own last film with Monroe. I always found that so interesting and weird. His association with Harlow was apparently that of a brother/sister type of situation and from what I've read, he genuinely liked and cared for Jean. His feelings about Monroe weren't as positive although he found her intriguing (but frustratingly unprofessional). He was a pallbearer at Harlow's funeral in 1937. He also visited her at her home while she was dying and was horrified at her appearance. That must have been a very traumatic event in his life.

There's an amazing photo of him and Carole Lombard walking out of Forest Lawn cemetery after Harlow's funeral. Gable, Harlow and Lombard are all interred in that cemetery (Forest Lawn Glendale). It's so strange to look at photos and know what the future will bring. What a life he led! He starred with three glamorous and tragic blondes who all met sad ends...

radiojane Guest
    I'd never thought about that... two "final" films with two legends that died young... and you throw Lombard in there too....

In the rare celeb pics thread there's a boat christening in honor of lombard and there's a pic of Gable where he just looks so lost... it was fairly soon after her death.

May I ask why ya'll calling Clark Gable III CB3? Did i miss somefing? :}

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    May I ask why ya'll calling Clark Gable III CB3? Did i miss somefing? :}
    I was wondering that too.

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    CLOONEY?
    Frankly Kate,you must be Joking.
    Ya know I thought about this and while Clooney isn't a poor imitation (I mean there is only one Gable) he is kinda like Gables younger brother who had to work harder than Gable to get half the attention.

Just MHO!

Quote Originally Posted by hoorayforhollywood View Post
    Some interesting trivia about Gable: he starred with Jean Harlow in her last film Saratoga (she died before filming was complete), and his own last performance in The Misfits was with Hollywood's second screen goddess Marilyn Monroe. So, he shared the screen with the two great blond goddesses for the last time...Harlow's and his own last film with Monroe. I always found that so interesting and weird. His association with Harlow was apparently that of a brother/sister type of situation and from what I've read, he genuinely liked and cared for Jean. His feelings about Monroe weren't as positive although he found her intriguing (but frustratingly unprofessional). He was a pallbearer at Harlow's funeral in 1937. He also visited her at her home while she was dying and was horrified at her appearance. That must have been a very traumatic event in his life.

There's an amazing photo of him and Carole Lombard walking out of Forest Lawn cemetery after Harlow's funeral. Gable, Harlow and Lombard are all interred in that cemetery (Forest Lawn Glendale). It's so strange to look at photos and know what the future will bring. What a life he led! He starred with three glamorous and tragic blondes who all met sad ends...

I wouldn't call Lombard tragic. What happened to her was tragic but she was the life of any party she was at!

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I was wondering that too.

Me too!

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theladyinquestion View Post
    I agree. I thought it was a preaccident piture of Monty and was confused that it was in color.
    Regards,
    Mary

Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yryZv...eature=related

Oh Clark Gable, you have certainly impacted many generations and even more to come.

Why was I born too late?!

Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    Why was I born too late?!
    You too???

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    You too???
    Me three!!

Of all Clark's films, "The Misfits" was my favorite. I found him very rugged, sexy and a real man's man. Glad he went out with a great final film. I think his acting peaked at that point.
    Cindy

No one cared for the song? Bummer...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Me three!!
    Me fourth!

Quote Originally Posted by soaring_butterfly View Post
    No one cared for the song? Bummer...

I'll have to listen at home!

chris jones Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    i just noticed that we havent started a thread on Gable yet!
    Theres a fabulous thread about Carole Lombard , his third wife, but the King of Hollywood needs a whole thread for himself, dont you think?
    Any Clark fans ?
    i love his 30s movies, every single one of them! Some of my favorites are Red Dust, San Francisco and It Happened one night.
    He was not the best actors, but he was good enough and had that special thing that made an actor a super star.
    Any thoughts about him¿

The one and only.. Rhett Butler!
    I knew Gable as the step-father of my classmate and best friend Bunker Spreckels. Gable died when we were 11 (1960). I spent weekends at the ranch with Bunker, his Mom, Kay Gable, sister Joan Spreckels. He was the warmest, friendly and most fun of all my friends parents. A real cowboy, always in jeans & boots. Drove a jeep with a gun in it. They were a wonderful family. His death was sudden and devastating. I continued to visit with them after his death, life went on, but what a loss. He was Gable. Chris Jones

mxwe Guest
    John Clark Gable, is he a broke doper or is he doing well. If Bunker was his half brother, how come Bunker inherited millions and John Clark only got $400K?

NewYorkDoll Guest
    because his half brother was gable's stepson. bunker spreckles was the son of adolph spreckelsII and was heir to a sugar fortune worth 50 million and left it to his son.

mxwe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    because his half brother was gable's stepson. bunker spreckles was the son of adolph spreckelsII and was heir to a sugar fortune worth 50 million and left it to his son.

So Bunker and John Clark didn't have the same mother?

NewYorkDoll Guest
    because they have the same mother, not the same father.. spreckels (kay's previous husband) left the money to HIS son, bunker. clark gable was john clarks father and so clark probably left his $ to kay and john clark inherited that upon her death in 1983, probably not much left as clark had been death for 20+ years when she died.
    Last edited by NewYorkDoll; 05-06-2011 at 03:36 PM.

chris jones Guest

Bunker

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    because they have the same mother, not the same father.. spreckels (kay's previous husband) left the money to HIS son, bunker. clark gable was john clarks father and so clark probably left his $ to kay and john clark inherited that upon her death in 1983, probably not much left as clark had been death for 20+ years when she died.
    Bunker got the big$ because HIS father (Spreckels died early, or HE would have spent it. He was a renowned jet-setter/playboy/sportsman) The Grandmother survived leaving the fortune to the only and final male Spreckels heir, Bunker. I've got a lot of interesting, personal information related to the family, too much to go into here. maybe later. How on earth do you KNOW this stuff, so obscure, but cool, and personally interesting to me. later.....

lobosco107 Guest
    More drama for Clark Gable's son:

http://greatentertainersarchives.blo...ound-dead.html

I know what you are thinking, "frankly my dear I don't give a damn". Sorry, but I had to.

MALIBU, Calif. -- The girlfriend of Clark Gable's only son has died in the couple's Malibu home.
    The body of 41-year-old Christiane Candice Lange was found by John Clark Gable at 9:40 a.m. Wednesday.
    Los Angeles County coroner's office spokesman Ed Winter said Friday that it appears to be a possible natural death and foul play isn't suspected. There is a security hold on the case and Winter says he cannot release any other information.
    Sheriff's Deputy Guillermina Saldana says homicide detectives were called to the home after the body was discovered. Saldana says the investigation is continuing.
    John Clark Gable is the only son of late "Gone With the Wind" star Clark Gable. He was born shortly after his father died of a heart attack at age 59 in 1960.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lobosco107 View Post
    I know what you are thinking
    That's Clint Eastwood.

Clark Gable's son arrested

By Lateef Mungin, CNN
    updated 9:07 AM EDT, Wed April 3, 2013

John Clark Gable was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after he crashed into six parked cars in California.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• John Clark Gable is arrested in Malibu, California
    • The 52-year-old is the son of legendary actor Clark Gable
    • It's not the first time a Gable family member has been arrested

(CNN) -- Officers arrested the son of legendary actor Clark Gable this week on suspicion of drunken driving after he crashed into six parked cars in Malibu, California.
    John Clark Gable, 52, was driving a white Ford pickup Tuesday near the Malibu Pier when the crashes occurred, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department reported.
    No one was injured, but Gable was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, and hit-and-run.
    It isn't the first time an heir of the "Gone With the Wind" actor has been in trouble with the law.
    Photos: Celebrity mugshots

In 2011, Clark Gable's grandson, then 22, was accused of pointing a laser inside the cockpit of a Los Angeles police helicopter, endangering the pilot who was flying over Hollywood.
    Police arrested Clark James Gable and charged him with a felony. He later was sentenced to 10 days in jail, CNN affiliate KTLA-TV in Los Angeles reported.
    At the time, his manager said it was an accident.
    "Boys will be boys, and he was playing with what he thought was a toy and not a felony piece," Roxane Davis, the manager, told CNNthen. "From what he told me from jail, he had it out the window, and he was shining it out the window, and the next thing he knew was that he had a spotlight on him."
    Clark Gable, once dubbed the King of the Hollywood, is probably best known for his portrayal of Rhett Butler in the 1939 classic "Gone With the Wind."
    He died in 1960. John Clark Gable was born four months after his father's death.

​I didn't know this......52......And a Just Damn.......

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Daddy was a drinker and alcoholism has been proven to be a genetic predisposition just like other addictions. So I'm not surprised. (Not everyone with an alcoholic or addicted parent becomes one. Several factors also come into play in that game of roulette such as stress levels, general stability. environment etc. But I do see this in a lot of star's kids as well as there being scientific research to back it up.)

Baron von zeppelin Guest
    John Clark Gable was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after he crashed into six parked cars in California.
    It takes talent to crash into six parked cars folks! and when he lost lombard,it basically killed him.
    he had another secret kid too.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...daughter-dies/

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von zeppelin View Post
    Judy favored her mother heavily...I see very little of her father in her face.

54 years he's been gone. Holy cow!

RIP Rhett.

Wow is right.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Holy crap!

That is hard to believe. RIP Mr. Butler.

Bidmor Guest
    I doubt he gives a damn....now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I doubt he gives a damn....now.
    lmao good one

Long time lurker, first time poster. In 1989 I got back from a stupid modelling sojourn in Paris and for some reason signed up with an au pair agency (I don't like kids AT ALL, temporary insanity.) Drove out to Malibu for an interview with 'John,' who was around my age. "Hmm, he's got a lot of pix of Clark Gable around, guess he's a fan," thought I. John expressed skepticism as to how an 110-lb. waif could handle nanny/household duties, he was clearly looking for someone more solid. Good judgment.

It wasn't until I was halfway back to Hollywood that I realized that my prospective employer was John Clark Gable. Worse, my ex BF had been his classmate at Brentwood School. Oops! It's sad that JCG has not fared better IRL. Being born posthumously to a legend can't be easy

Quote Originally Posted by ameliazc View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster. In 1989 I got back from a stupid modelling sojourn in Paris and for some reason signed up with an au pair agency (I don't like kids AT ALL, temporary insanity.) Drove out to Malibu for an interview with 'John,' who was around my age. "Hmm, he's got a lot of pix of Clark Gable around, guess he's a fan," thought I. John expressed skepticism as to how an 110-lb. waif could handle nanny/household duties, he was clearly looking for someone more solid. Good judgment.

It wasn't until I was halfway back to Hollywood that I realized that my prospective employer was John Clark Gable. Worse, my ex BF had been his classmate at Brentwood School. Oops! It's sad that JCG has not fared better IRL. Being born posthumously to a legend can't be easy
    Welcome to the forum ameliazc...

Wow, what a fabulous first post, and fascinating story... you created a quite a visual! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Samantha Guest

Clark Gable and Loretta Young

While trying to satiate my boredom last night, I came across an article titled "Clark Gable Accused of Raping Co-Star", and as the classic Hollywood junkie in me perked up, I felt a deep need to click on the link. And as I read, I was reminded of a well-known scandal that occurred about eighty years ago. The story I remembered was one of love and passion that began as quickly as it ended, and resulted in the birth of an illegitimate child. I was surprised to find out that this story had a much darker and upsetting turn of events. Which is shocking because there already was enough melancholy to go around when you think about a child never really knowing their father. Basically the article tells the story of an alleged date rape and how a woman felt so much guilt the rest of her life because she felt that she "let it happen". In light of recent events, I feel that this story is so very important and needs to be heard. It makes me sad to think of how much Loretta had to go through and the extent to which she went to hide the truth for so long. I wonder what would have happened had this occurred in this day and age. http://www.buzzfeed.com/annehelenpet...ung#.kwVO32w6k

It's always been easier to blame the victim than the rich/powerful/political perp. Those 3 things are not exclusive from each other. This is one of the good things about social media. Many a shadowy act nowadays will shine in the light eventually.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I'm not buying it. Loretta got around in those days, affairs with Spencer Tracy and Clark, both of whom were married. I think it's a ruse to keep Loretta's holier then thou image intact. I have daughter Judy's book, which tells a different story, of how Loretta was deeply in love with Clark but she got pregnant and in those days their careers would have been finished. It's a heartbreaking story for Judy, half, if not all of Hollywood knew the story ! I think Loretta did a 360 and let her Catholic guilt take over until the day she died.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Samantha Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I'm not buying it. Loretta got around in those days, affairs with Spencer Tracy and Clark, both of whom were married. I think it's a ruse to keep Loretta's holier then thou image intact. I have daughter Judy's book, which tells a different story, of how Loretta was deeply in love with Clark but she got pregnant and in those days their careers would have been finished. It's a heartbreaking story for Judy, half, if not all of Hollywood knew the story ! I think Loretta did a 360 and let her Catholic guilt take over until the day she died.
    That is the story i always remembered hearing. I thought it was strange that as far as i know she never came out with the date rape story in her memoir but her son and her daughter in law are saying she came to this "realization" before she died and before the memoir came out.

I think it's because there has been talk about turning Judy's book into a movie for some time. It would be told from her perspective, that as pious as Loretta was she was really quite cold and not overly demonstrative as a mother. I do believe she wanted to be with Clark, but that was not possible without the public becoming aware of what had gone on. Today it's nothing, back then it would have been career death. And looking at Judy, who looked so much like him, that must have led her to be resentful of both in a way. My favorite story is Loretta was at a party that was also attended by Joan Crawford, when Loretta got up someone else went to sit down and Joan said " You can't sit there, it has the mark of the cross in the seat !" I find it amusing to some degree that it's coming from the son that was arrested on child pornography charges with a group of others in the early 70's for filming themselves having sex with minors. So much for Catholic morals !
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 07-20-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

His grandson Clark Gable III has died at age 30

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...30-says-report