Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: Clark Gable

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,271
    Wow, he looks just like his grandfather!

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    His grandson Clark Gable III has died at age 30

    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...30-says-report
    From the news today, the cause of death was released:

    Clark James Gable III, host of the reality TV show "Cheaters" and grandson of late Academy Award-winning actor Clark Gable, died of an accidental drug overdose, according to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office.
    Gable had a mix of illicit fentanyl, oxycodone and alprazolam in his system, the medical examiner's office told Fox News on Friday. Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine. In 2017, 59.8 percent of opioid-related deaths involved fentanyl, according to federal data.

    Gable died February 22 at a Dallas Hospital. His fiancée found him unresponsive in his bed, according to TMZ.
    Gable hosted “Cheaters” since 2012. The show features confrontations with people suspected of being unfaithful.
    His grandfather, Clark Gable, who was the star of "Gone With the Wind" and winner of the best actor Oscar for the 1934 film, "It Happened One Night," died in 1960 in Los Angeles.
    Gable and his fiancée had an infant daughter.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,885
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    From the news today, the cause of death was released:

    Clark James Gable III, host of the reality TV show "Cheaters" and grandson of late Academy Award-winning actor Clark Gable, died of an accidental drug overdose, according to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office.
    Gable had a mix of illicit fentanyl, oxycodone and alprazolam in his system, the medical examiner's office told Fox News on Friday. Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine. In 2017, 59.8 percent of opioid-related deaths involved fentanyl, according to federal data.

    Gable died February 22 at a Dallas Hospital. His fiancée found him unresponsive in his bed, according to TMZ.
    Gable hosted “Cheaters” since 2012. The show features confrontations with people suspected of being unfaithful.
    His grandfather, Clark Gable, who was the star of "Gone With the Wind" and winner of the best actor Oscar for the 1934 film, "It Happened One Night," died in 1960 in Los Angeles.
    Gable and his fiancée had an infant daughter.
    Very sad news to hear about his death.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,147
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    From the news today, the cause of death was released:

    Clark James Gable III, host of the reality TV show "Cheaters" and grandson of late Academy Award-winning actor Clark Gable, died of an accidental drug overdose, according to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office.
    Gable had a mix of illicit fentanyl, oxycodone and alprazolam in his system, the medical examiner's office told Fox News on Friday. Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine. In 2017, 59.8 percent of opioid-related deaths involved fentanyl, according to federal data.

    Gable died February 22 at a Dallas Hospital. His fiancée found him unresponsive in his bed, according to TMZ.
    Gable hosted “Cheaters” since 2012. The show features confrontations with people suspected of being unfaithful.
    His grandfather, Clark Gable, who was the star of "Gone With the Wind" and winner of the best actor Oscar for the 1934 film, "It Happened One Night," died in 1960 in Los Angeles.
    Gable and his fiancée had an infant daughter.
    Damn, that's sad.
    I used to drink about 10 or 12 beers and watch Cheaters, it seemed pretty entertaining under those circumstances.

    I know that when we're young like he was we don't think about dying too much. But with all the people dying from those drugs, it seems like even young folks would get the message that they will kill you, and yes; it can (and will) "happen to me"; if I take that road.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Damn, that's sad.
    I used to drink about 10 or 12 beers and watch Cheaters, it seemed pretty entertaining under those circumstances.

    I know that when we're young like he was we don't think about dying too much. But with all the people dying from those drugs, it seems like even young folks would get the message that they will kill you, and yes; it can (and will) "happen to me"; if I take that road.
    Absolutely! About 15 years ago, I was diagnosed with what the doctors thought was terminal ovarian cancer. Surgery was scheduled but the soonest they could get me in was in about three weeks. During that time, they put me on a Fentanyl patch because the pain was so bad and also because they thought I was terminal anyway. There were so many cautions about wearing the patch, in that I could not get it wet, I could not wear it taking a hot bath, steam room or outdoors if it was hotter than 80 degrees, the patch had to be changed every five days, I could not take any other pain relieving medication while relieving the patch, and only one patch would be issued to me every five days. But it worked great and I felt extremely euphoric while using it. Lucky for me, it turned out that I did NOT have terminal ovarian cancer, but just a cyst that was causing a great deal of pain. Unfortunately, by the time this was discovered, they could not just take me off the patch. I had to be weened off it slowly and had to be transferred over to other opiate drugs, including methadone. I could totally understand how people get addicted to drugs. The euphoria and lack of any negative feelings (fear, anger, depression, resentment, you name it) and high quality sleep that came with it made it extremely desirable. The problem is that these drugs make it impossible to work or have a functional relationship with anyone. They are not conducive to life. I was able to get off the meds with the help of a pain management team, but feel like I am now pre-disposed to drug addiction. My heart goes out to everyone who struggles with any type of addiction, regardless of the substance. Clark Gable III's death is such a tragedy.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,857
    I remember watching several episodes of Cheaters but had no idea he was Clark Gable's son. It always saddens me when someone gets hooked and just can't get clean.

    Addictive personality runs in my family. All of them are dead now due to their habits, except Baby, who is a recovering alcoholic and heroin addict, paying dearly for her substance abuse. I've taken pain pills after surgery and loved how they eased my pain and my insomnia, but I somehow managed to dodge the bullet.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,147
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I remember watching several episodes of Cheaters but had no idea he was Clark Gable's son.
    I don't know when he took it over.
    I haven't watched it since about 2009-2010, he wasn't the host then.

    Glad you dodged the bullet, Cindy.
    And I'm glad that when I was coming up the big "drug problem" was mainly just pot.
    If we'd had meth and crack and such back then, no telling...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,278
    So sad to read about his death.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •