Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Joaquin Phoenix

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Eeeew! That heart was totally beating!!! On the log!!! It was beating! On the log!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Beating!!

On The Log!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I might go beat on the log in a few minutes.

GrinReaper Guest
    I think it was all part of a hoax or just him acting to make this movie.
    Knowing how River went, I doubt that Joaquin would put his own life in jepordy in a similar way.

Weren't the Phoenix siblings raised by hippie/Bohemian type of parents?
    If so, their behaviour explains their upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Knowing how River went, I doubt that Joaquin would put his own life in jepordy in a similar way.

Hmmmm. Acting to make a movie. How original.
    Hoa X could be an abbreviation for Joaquin Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Hmmmm. Acting to make a movie. How original.
    Hoa X could be an abbreviation for Joaquin Phoenix.
    As it is written, so it shall be.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    As it is written, so it shall be.
    So sayeth the shepard, so sayeth the flock!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkm5QrSzi_k

RaRaRamona Guest
    And the church said

Amen

Katrinawitch Guest
    No interest in the documentary, nor do I usually care much what odd things stars do on their own time.

However, I just saw Joaquin in "Quills", and man, that boy looks fine! Mmm, mmm...

I always wondered about his not-cleft lip. I remember when he was a child actor, it was pretty much known that he was born with a cleft. But later in life he denied it. I only wonder because my son was born with both a cleft lip and palate.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Yeah that story he tells is weird.

Nicki Guest
    Well, the release date has finally been posted:
    Joaquin Phoenix and His Letterman-Insulting Beard Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

Today 1:58 PM PDT by Gina Serpe
    Seth Browarnik/startraksphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post

Yes they were. The the parents were also in a cult called "Children of God" that the children were also forced in. And yes, they had all the eccentricities we think of when we think of cults - the leaders have multiple women, children forced to have sex with other children and adults, etc. Those parents were as crazy as bat shit.

The Bottoms (Phoenixes) were/are a special brand of crazy.
    http://www.exfamily.org/index.htm
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Meerkat Guest
    Casey Affleck admits Joaquin Phoenix film was fake....

Casey Affleck has finally admitted what many critics suspected all along â?? his documentary about Joaquin Phoenix was a fake.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...-was-fake.html

I read a book about the Children of God. Those folks were/are cray cray!

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Freaks-M...4746725&sr=1-5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

KarmaKat Guest
    OMG I am shocked and amazed that the movie was a hoax. I am just speechless. He certainly fooled me and the rest of the world with their superb mockum...... Sorry Documentary.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are they serious? Do they really think they need to tell people it was a Fake? It wasnt half glearingly obvious or anything. Someone might need to tell them that they aint that good. lol
    (apologise's to anyone who thought it was )

hallucinex Guest
    I think I saw a documentary on the Children of God more than once on MSNBC ... or at least it was a doc about cults. They had little propaganda videos like North Korea where the kids marched in lines and sang?

doyleloyal Guest
    the whole thing makes me sad. I was watching "The Village" last night and the whole time I was just like "where did this guy go? he's wasting his friggin talent on meaningless shit, it's disgraceful." I'm just ignoring his f*d persona until he decides to some back down to earth and if he never does, I'll just pretend he died.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doyleloyal View Post
    the whole thing makes me sad. I was watching "The Village" last night and the whole time I was just like "where did this guy go? he's wasting his friggin talent on meaningless shit, it's disgraceful." I'm just ignoring his f*d persona until he decides to some back down to earth and if he never does, I'll just pretend he died.

Joaquin has always been a little different, but I always thought what a talented guy he was. I hated that he did this dumb documentary and I think it has only hurt him and his brother-in-law Casey (who now is being sued for sexual harassment by two women who worked on the film.) After Walk The Line, I was just hoping he would keep going and make great movies. Not this crap.....

King Cryo-le Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    Joaquin has always been a little different, but I always thought what a talented guy he was. I hated that he did this dumb documentary and I think it has only hurt him and his brother-in-law Casey (who now is being sued for sexual harassment by two women who worked on the film.) After Walk The Line, I was just hoping he would keep going and make great movies. Not this crap.....
    It wouldn't have been a problem if this "mockumentary" was groundbreaking and oscar material. But as the reviews are coming in, this doesn't seem to be the case with "I'm still here".... .

The world and the media are so fast paced and full of real daily problems these days. If you take two years off to make a fake documentary about "celebrity/fame issues",people are going to go : "I'm still here".... "Who cares !"

Ummmmm, aren't 95% of all movies fake?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    OMG I am shocked and amazed that the movie was a hoax. I am just speechless. He certainly fooled me and the rest of the world with their superb mockum...... Sorry Documentary.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are they serious? Do they really think they need to tell people it was a Fake? It wasnt half glearingly obvious or anything. Someone might need to tell them that they aint that good. lol
    (apologise's to anyone who thought it was )
    I dunno, read this thread. I remember several people lamenting his loss of sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Ummmmm, aren't 95% of all movies fake?
    haaaaaaa

RaRaRamona Guest
    P.S. I haven't seen it yet of course, but I imagine it to be something like Hard Core Logo or This is Spinal Tap. But not as cool.

ColorfulCasey Guest
    Regardless if the whole thing was a hoax (kind of figured after I found out he was being filmed by Casey), the best.thing.ever from this whole situation is the "BYE GOOD" on his fingers. I think that's so funny!

RaRaRamona Guest
    LOL I agree. That still makes me laugh.

And when he fell off the stage.

No wait the woman's hair clip from tv!

Man I can't wait to see it. I think it'll be funnier than I expect.

Actually, it's probably best not to have any expectations at all.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Last night was The Return of Joaquin

Unbelievable. Letterman is such a cad. All he did was pat himself on the back & try to make himself look like the smartest guy in the world for suspecting the whole things was a hoax. It all made me think he actually didn't know & felt he was made a fool of.

It was completely awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Last night was The Return of Joaquin

Unbelievable. Letterman is such a cad. All he did was pat himself on the back & try to make himself look like the smartest guy in the world for suspecting the whole things was a hoax. It all made me think he actually didn't know & felt he was made a fool of.

It was completely awkward.
    I'm glad Joaquin looks like his old self!

davidbrown Guest
    To me it's a sad waste of true talent. He makes fun of an industry that's given back so much to him in terms of money and stardom. And then to do something like that "documentary" is really an insult. The irony of all this is that he'll continue to get work because he is so talented as an actor. But at some point someone else will take his place and he'll resort to this kind of childish and idiotic behavior get the public's attention again. Do these actors know that they have a limited number of years in the business? Do they expect the public to always glorify and see their work? If an actor can't even respect himself/herself as a professional, how can others? He'll be around for awhile, but eventually he'll fade into the background and end up doing reality tv for money.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbrown View Post
    To me it's a sad waste of true talent. He makes fun of an industry that's given back so much to him in terms of money and stardom. And then to do something like that "documentary" is really an insult. The irony of all this is that he'll continue to get work because he is so talented as an actor. But at some point someone else will take his place and he'll resort to this kind of childish and idiotic behavior get the public's attention again. Do these actors know that they have a limited number of years in the business? Do they expect the public to always glorify and see their work? If an actor can't even respect himself/herself as a professional, how can others? He'll be around for awhile, but eventually he'll fade into the background and end up doing reality tv for money.
    Have you seen it? I haven't. I don't know what it is he's making fun of exactly. But keep in mind that some of the greatest movies of all time are spoofs. Or at least mockumentaries, which is just a nicer way of saying "spoof."

You seem upset by this. Why does everything have to be taken so seriously? Is a Hollywood career so majestic it is to be revered & never questioned? Look at Lindsay Lohan. Pffttt

Wait she totally stole his idea!!!

I used to be a fan of Joaquin's but I am totally turned off after this last episode of weirdness. I don't understand how he conned bil Casey Affleck into participating in that charade either. I thought Casey had better sense.

doyleloyal Guest
    i love how his movie is already free ONDEMAND (it's a comcast cable thing) it's so funny

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    I used to be a fan of Joaquin's but I am totally turned off after this last episode of weirdness. I don't understand how he conned bil Casey Affleck into participating in that charade either. I thought Casey had better sense.
    Why would you think that? Did you see Drowning Mona?

i love how his movie is already free ONDEMAND (it's a comcast cable thing) it's so funny
    LOL Seriously? Shut up. I'm gonna go look.
    Last edited by RaRaRamona; 10-02-2010 at 08:28 PM.

doyleloyal Guest
    yup it's in the "movies" section. it's too funny to even want to watch

RaRaRamona Guest
    I looked & didn't see it anywhere.

doyleloyal Guest
    it's there. it's under "I'm still here" unless they've already taken it off cuz I know i saw it

doyleloyal Guest
    nope it's on there i just checked on comcast.net and it's available for order.

Oooo, I wonder if it's on AT&T On Demand. Will need to check that out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why would you think that? Did you see Drwoning Mona?
    Nope, my guess you are hinting that is wasn't his best work?

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Apparently Joaquin was not exactly a happy camper during the making of the documentary and wanted out....

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20101002/...e-c60bd6d.html

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    Nope, my guess you are hinting that is wasn't his best work?
    haha Nah it was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    Apparently Joaquin was not exactly a happy camper during the making of the documentary and wanted out....

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20101002/...e-c60bd6d.html
    I don't know if he wanted out exactly, but they all committed to it. I bet they were all sick of it.

His appearance on Letterman was so freakin hilarious. I can't wait to see the movie. Even if it does suck.

davidbrown Guest
    Have you seen it? I haven't. I don't know what it is he's making fun of exactly. But keep in mind that some of the greatest movies of all time are spoofs. Or at least mockumentaries, which is just a nicer way of saying "spoof."

You seem upset by this. Why does everything have to be taken so seriously? Is a Hollywood career so majestic it is to be revered & never questioned? Look at Lindsay Lohan. Pffttt

Wait she totally stole his idea!!!
    I know a number of budding actors who would kill to be in his shoes. But JP just takes a dump on his career, and we're supposed to laugh because he has the inside skinny. This self-congratulatory way of looking at life is getting old real fast. It's that smug, self-rightous attitude that bothers me. Maybe I'm one of the few people on earth left who still feels movies should be art. And yes, I have seen that movie when it came here to San Diego. You can guess what I thought of it.

To me it was such a waste of talent, money, and time. When you have friends who have to work at two jobs to pay for acting lessons, live here in San Diego because it's too expensive to live in LA, then having to commute up the 5 and 405 in a piece of shit car, I really think JP has it easy with his "ooo...look at me. I'm nuts, but not really because I'm actually funny."

RaRaRamona Guest
    Again, not everything in life has to be so serious. I have to work a lot harder & longer than a lot of my friends who are better off. Thems the breaks. Not everyone can afford to goof off for a year. Why get bent out of shape b/c a guy who grew up in a whacked out cult with whacked out morals & beliefs, who lost his brother to drugs at a young age, & has demons of his own, got a lucky break & can do something like this for kicks? It really doesn't bother enough to make me bitter.

Halle Berry winning an Oscar? Now that makes me bitter.

doyleloyal Guest
    ya gotta point with halle berry. just sayin...

movies aren't what they used to be and actors soooooooooo don't handle themselves like they used to...there are plenty of worse things he could've done then make a horrible joke of his career. whatever he does or doesn't do it's his life,if he wants to moonlight as a hoaxster than so be it. as long as he's not back on the bottle or drugging it up in some alley somewhere I'm good.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I finally watched it. It took me days. And I have officially declared it the Worst Movie of All Time. I'm Still here has unseated Corndog Man.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Actually, I did laugh out loud a few times. Really hard.

It was also really annoyingly inconsistent.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Imitating the I'm Still Here makeover:

You're doing it wrong!

pvezz Guest
    Good GAWD, Ra!!!! Is that a recent pic, do you know???

RaRaRamona Guest
    It was on TMZ today. My son's been sick all week so I've been bored.

lisalouver Guest
    Halle Berry winning an Oscar? Now that makes me bitter.
    You said it sister.