Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Joaquin Phoenix

Nerak Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    lest we remind you of others that went through a "phase"...

brad pitt

good call Ruby
    I still hold out hope for Joaquin !!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post

Has anyone else seen the news report from one of his red carpet interviews? He stopped the interview because he told the reporter there was something crawling out of his scalp. He then mentioned a frog coming out of his hair...

He's lost it. But, perhaps this is just a publicity stunt as others have mentioned. Why else would Casey Affleck make a documentary of this nonsense? I can just see the "Phoenix from the Ashes" headlines now.
    That frog comment was from several years ago. I think it's all a big joke too. I just can't imagine his BIL filming it all if it was real - like I said, you can see in one of the pics his two sisters laughing by the stage & I doubt they'd be with him & in such a jolly mood if he was killing himself like he seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by darock299 View Post
    i heard yesterday that he plans to make a rap album.....maybe he'll be the next
    2joaq or the notorious joa-qu-in...we will have to see!
    LOL Nice monikers. He should write those down.

Quote Originally Posted by darock299 View Post

maybe he was makin a movie or something b/c i see braids and alot of stuff in his hair for hair extentions....maybe he looks like that to portray a movie roll
    It supposedly some as seen on tv hairclip for girls he took from a female in the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    The more I read and see of him..I think this guy is in trouble..it's so sad..I watched Clay Pigeon the other night with him and Vince Vaughn..he doesn't even look like the same person..I always thought he was a very talented actor.
    That movie is so hilarious. I love Vince Vaughn. I hated Lester! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    How is Casey Affleck Joaquin's brother-in-law? Is he married to one of the sisters? I had no clue...
    He married Summer & they have at least one baby together. I think she is so gorgeous.

hoxharding Guest
    There is one gossip blog that suspects he and Casey are making a 'mockumentary' and all of what he is doing is a put on.

RaRaRamona Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z-kzE1eHls&eurl

Here's a video of him announcing his plans. It's pretty weird. He does kind of look like he's acting. I can't stop giggling. I am bad. I will be sad if he's for reals yo but I just don't buy it.

I love it!

^I hope you're right but I still don't think it's funny.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by betsy View Post
    ^I hope you're right but I still don't think it's funny.
    Is it so wrong that I do?

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    That frog comment was from several years ago. I think it's all a big joke too. I just can't imagine his BIL filming it all if it was real - like I said, you can see in one of the pics his two sisters laughing by the stage & I doubt they'd be with him & in such a jolly mood if he was killing himself like he seems to be.

LOL Nice monikers. He should write those down.

It supposedly some as seen on tv hairclip for girls he took from a female in the audience.

That movie is so hilarious. I love Vince Vaughn. I hated Lester! LOL

He married Summer & they have at least one baby together. I think she is so gorgeous.
    It really was a good movie..pleasantly surprising.

Is it so wrong that I do?
    Absolutely not!!

he needs to find a razor....but whatever makes him happy.....
    i like some of his movies, but i think this change in careers will be short lived - stick with what you're good at...
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

lolly89 Guest
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1356864/

anyone have IMDB Pro? Apparently the rest of the information (but still not very much) is in there

discod Guest
    He is/was one of my fav hotties.Loved him in Gladiator and We Own The Night but please come on wake up and see yourself.
    This guy is married right and best friends with Casey Afflick,surely they can see a breakdown heading for them

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    He is/was one of my fav hotties.Loved him in Gladiator and We Own The Night but please come on wake up and see yourself.
    This guy is married right and best friends with Casey Afflick,surely they can see a breakdown heading for them
    he's not married.

discod Guest
    Is he not god damn why not lol,im on my way and the first stop is the barbers!

RubySlippers Guest
    because he is weird. maybe eccentric is more accurate...

RaRaRamona Guest
    Can you diagram that sentence please?

RaRaRamona Guest
    What A Diva!

Filed under: Joaquin Phoenix
    Believe it or not, "retired" actor Joaquin Phoenix has decided to become a rapper. And he swears it's not a joke!
    The "musician" even performed at Lavo in Las Vegas on Friday night and it was truly AWFUL! Check out the clips HERE.
    In the second video he was so out of it that he completely falls and eats the floor as he tries to walk off stage.
    And, now, new reports reveal that Phoenix was acting like a total biyatch that evening!
    Reports are that the "rapper" threw a fit before his shiteous performance on Friday.
    A source says "He was waiting for Casey Affleck and when the film crew arrived late, Joaquin flipped out."
    Afleck is directing a documentary about Joaquin's new career for some reason.
    The source adds that Phoenix yelled at the crew, "Thanks for being late and fucking everything up."
    That's when he threw a CD on the floor and then stormed out of there. He then "came back five minutes later and did the sound check. Nobody can tell if he is for real or if this is all a big joke."
    Judging by his performance last week, we're hoping it better be a joke!

RaRaRamona Guest
    This is such a fabulous game. I love it. I do totally believe it's a big lame joke.

cherryghost Guest
    He still just looks like most of the guys I went to art school with and hey now Im teaching guys who look just like him!
    We are so hung up on appearance people!
    Let us check ourselves and worry less about how others look!
    He maybe on the way out or on a road to self destruction ...that will be his choice!
    If he was hiding it Id be more concerned!
    Hes letting loose and out there so everybody's watching!
    It could be performance or it could be him being himself! Is there real evidence he is going to die in this forum he is being very public I think he is okay and if not his friends can try and help him!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 01-26-2009 at 09:36 PM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    http://www.ezcombs.com/?directLoad&u...9FAF06B8F45BDB

LMHO!! This is the comb they were talking about. I saw this commercial today for the first time. So funny!

DitaFatale Guest
    I said this on another thread, but I had some friends that were in Walk The Line. They said Joaquin was acting pretty weird. He told them the whole twist of the ending of The Village, then said that he just joking because nothing would actually end that dumb. Overall sweet guy, just kind of odd.

Look how cute he was!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cherryghost Guest
    Russell Crowe is looking just as good lately! LOL!

These two have quite a lot in common!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DitaFatale View Post
    I said this on another thread, but I had some friends that were in Walk The Line. They said Joaquin was acting pretty weird. He told them the whole twist of the ending of The Village, then said that he just joking because nothing would actually end that dumb. Overall sweet guy, just kind of odd.
    I thought the Village came out before Walk the Line? The Village was kinda lame, I thought. He could have tried a little harder to make it less obvious. I really love Bryce Dallas Howard though.

When Shawshank Redemption came out I asked a friend if it was any good. She said yeah. I asked what it was about. She said it was about a guy in prison who - get this - dug a hole in a wall. When I did watch it I wanted to find that ho & punk her lights out.

DitaFatale Guest
    I thought the Village came out before Walk the Line? The Village was kinda lame, I thought. He could have tried a little harder to make it less obvious. I really love Bryce Dallas Howard though.

When Shawshank Redemption came out I asked a friend if it was any good. She said yeah. I asked what it was about. She said it was about a guy in prison who - get this - dug a hole in a wall. When I did watch it I wanted to find that ho & punk her lights out.
    Really? Maybe he was filming Walk the Line right before The Village came out,because it was during filming, I just don't know how far into filming they were at the time.
    That's funny about Shawshank. I really didn't care too much for that movie though, which suprised me.
    I thought The Village was lame as well, apparently so did Joaquin lol

One of my favourite Joaquin films has to be Ladder 49, makes me cry everytime i watch it

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticakasha View Post
    One of my favourite Joaquin films has to be Ladder 49, makes me cry everytime i watch it
    That one caught me by surprise. I cried too. I didn't think he'd really die! I really hated when he buddy bit it on the roof. That freaked me out!

hoxharding Guest
    It has been announced that he is not going into rap. That it was an 'art project' of his.

Cat lady in training Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    It has been announced that he is not going into rap. That it was an 'art project' of his.
    Thank God.

Lita Guest
    Let's hope it's true. From Perez Hilton:

We previously mentioned how earlier this month actor turned "rapper" Joaquin Phoenix gave a shiteous performance at a nightclub in Las Vegas.
    We also mentioned how Phoenix had been acting like a total diva, bitching at people and even storming off while working on his documentary with Casey Affleck.
    Both times we thought, and hoped, he was joking. And, now, as expected, we find out it really might all be a hoax.
    Entertainment Weekly is reporting that two of Phoenix's friends have come forward to explain the situation.
    Says one source who recently worked with Joaquin, "He said, 'It's a put-on. I'm going to pretend to have a meltdown and change careers, and Casey is going to film it."
    Though he won't admit to any of it right now.
    Says a source, "It's an art project for him. He's going full out. He probably has told his reps that he's quit acting. Joaquin is very smart. This is very conscious. He has a huge degree of control."
    This art project sure is lame!

Nicki Guest
    Well it is a very convincing put on. Hope it is true because he really looks like shit!

FizzyGrissom Guest
    You know, I can't help thinking about the little boy who cried wolf here...

If Joaquin does infact have drug/alcohol/mental/whatever problems and if he does infact need help in the future, people might be hesitant to step in and help him because of this, thinking that it too might be a put on?

Silly bugger risks seriously alienating those close to him if this thing does turn out to be a stunt.

Bought 'Walk the line' last night. He was awesome.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

i think he's a hot piece no matter what he looks like.
    â??You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.â?

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Bought 'Walk the line' last night. He was awesome.

He was incredible in that movie

I love it

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    lest we remind you of others that went through a "phase"...

brad pitt
    *Sigh*... That's the only time Brad Pitt has ever looked hot. Sorry but, I don't care what he looks like... I prefer facial hair. Even though I like him better clean shaven... I dig the beard too.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    Either he's drunk or on something or just faking it. Or... he's just arrogant and hard to please. Funny video either way of Joaquin on Letterman tonight.

http://perezhilton.com/2009-02-12-jo...e-on-letterman

Ruffian Guest
    I didn't see the Perez video. An article is here followed by most of the interview, as well. http://wcbstv.com/entertainment/joaq....2.933282.html

I dunno about this guy. If he's acting, then it's a really stupid act.

AaronVail Guest
    I can't believe how many people think his whole act is fo' real. He's playing you like a fiddle.

Ruffian Guest
    What would be the purpose Aaron? That's what I don't get.

Nerak Guest
    If he has nothing better to do than pretend to have a meltdown and start a new career, I feel sorry for him. There are MUCH more positive things he could be doing with his celebrity, other than lame stunts such as this. pathetic.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Boy...That Letterman spot was one for the annals of psychiatry...I mean WHAT was he thinkin? Stickin his gum under Letterman's desk...The look on ol Dave's face was PRICELESS!!! And when he said, "I'm sorry you couldn't be with us tonight"...Ol fuzz face looked like he was shootin daggers out from behind those Blues Brothers shades...I don't know what his angle is but it's obtuce!

AaronVail Guest
    Why? Why did Andy Kaufman do what he did? It's a performance. People are talking about it. I think it's brilliant. Not as brilliant as Kaufman's work because I know Jaoquin will put an end to this long before Andy would have (people think Andy's alive, which speaks volumes) but brilliant nonetheless. I find it hilarious that it actually bothers people ("Harumph! Well, if he's acting, I DON'T find it funny!) If I were an actor and I had a set of plums, I'd so do what he's doing. It would be so much fun. It exposes people and puts their behaviour (how they react) under a microscope for all to see.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Put him under a microscope and I betcha you would find a couple of fleas doing the horizontal mambo...

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    If it's a performance it's a stupid performance. So, I am to take from it that performance = douchebag?

Alrighty then

Ruffian Guest
    Well, that's a pretty stupid reason to act like you're on crack or Jack Daniels. I would think it wouldn't be a compliment to be known as the idiot who's out of it. But...what the hell do I know. I'm not an "artist".

AaronVail Guest
    You people reeeeeally need to lighten up. If anything, he's indirectly demonstrated this.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    *crickets chirping*

Nerak Guest
    'artists' are highly overrated, a vast majority of them seem to be in need of a psychiatrist.

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    'artists' are highly overrated, a vast majority of them seem to be in need of a psychiatrist.
    That's a bit of a stereotype.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Afraid to say anything for fear of being told I am wrong...