Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	253215_178657525626965_1940583728_n.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	46975
    I totally forgot that he was Pennywise.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    I worked on an ambulance for 20 years and I have seen many people who have fully recovered in less then a year with no real lingering effects.
    your talking TIA's not major strokes which take a minimum two years recovery; I had one ten years ago and haven't felt my old self since then.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    I wonder if his chronic lung infection sent a blood clot to his brain. I don't like the focus of his career being RHPS. He is such a superb actor in tons of other roles.
    My mom figures from his eyes that he probably has thyroid issues too.

I agree. I could care less about RHPS, I really don't get the big deal, it wasn't that great. Maybe it's a generational thing and I'm just too young. Could just be my lousy taste too (My favorite movie was Oscar - which was panned by pretty much everyone, but I think Curry and Peter Riegert were just hilarious in it.)

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    My mom figures from his eyes that he probably has thyroid issues too.

I agree. I could care less about RHPS, I really don't get the big deal, it wasn't that great. Maybe it's a generational thing and I'm just too young. Could just be my lousy taste too (My favorite movie was Oscar - which was panned by pretty much everyone, but I think Curry and Peter Riegert were just hilarious in it.)
    But he has always had kind of big eyes... you think he has had thyroid something for years??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

radiojane Guest
    Possible. It's pretty rare in men though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graves%27_disease

Oh that is a shame. It has not affected his work though; I guess it can be a 'blessing' for some actors... kind of a trademark. Is Graves' Disease curable? (Sorry I have not researched it yet)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    your talking TIA's not major strokes which take a minimum two years recovery; I had one ten years ago and haven't felt my old self since then.
    Each individual case is different and it depends on the severity of the damage and how fast treatment is administered. Some people take longer then others. Some people come away feeling no ill effects. It all depends on the situation with that person.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

endsleigh03 Guest
    Any updates?

Elizabeth Guest
    Watching an old "Will & Grace" where Karen goes to Vegas and gets married, and Tim Curry is her brother-in-law......how is he doing??

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Any updates?
    The only thing I have been able to find is dated May 24, 2013. That's when the story broke. Nothing more recent.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    I totally forgot that he was Pennywise.
    Me too, John! When I think Tim Curry, I think of going to see what's on the sssssssssslab.
    Hope he's doing okay.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

A couple of my friends ran into Mr. Curry yesterday and posted pictures on FB. They both have private feeds so I can't really post the pictures in the interest of privacy, though I might consider cropping them out. Poor Tim, looks good but not good. He's in a wheelchair, and you can definitely tell he's had the stroke. He's got a cigarette going though, I would think he would have been strongly encouraged to quit after his stroke. Still love him. He just looks so different from when I saw him a few years back. He was walking and so healthy looking, and though he was wearing sunglasses and had aged, I recognized him instantly, yelling "oh my God! That's Tim Curry!" but we were in a car parking in the lot he had just parked in so I didn't get to talk to him. He had the beard back then, which was pretty gray, I actually think he looks a bit younger now, even after the stroke.

The weird thing is my mom was watching Clue yesterday and I told her about Tim's stroke, and she looked it up on the internet. I haven't thought of him forever, then less than an hour later my friends post the picture of themselves with him. Pretty cool coincidence.

This is him from this years Tony awards

Oh Boy.....is Tim starting to circle the drain?
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Fox announced Friday that Tim Curry will return to The Rocky Horror Picture Show for their two-hour reimagining of the sci-fi satirical musical this fall.

'I am very happy and excited to be a part of this new event,' the 69-year-old Englishman said in the network's statement.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz3xYQ5I6HA
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I may actually sit down and watch this, after all...

Hoping that Mr. Curry does okay for more years to come (and that age 69 is NOT this year's "27"!)

I wonder if he will be Dr. Scott. I may watch it just to throw the TP.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I wonder if he will be Dr. Scott. I may watch it just to throw the TP.
    No, he's playing the part of the narrator/criminologist.
    What I don't get is that they've got a transsexual playing the part of Dr. Frank N. Furter. How will this possibly work? She's got tits.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    No, he's playing the part of the narrator/criminologist.
    What I don't get is that they've got a transsexual playing the part of Dr. Frank N. Furter. How will this possibly work? She's got tits.
    I understand what you're saying, but they can't very well discriminate against someone sexual orientation. They can bind up her breasts. (Not really the same thing, but when I think of this I think of the young adult Judy Garland playing a child in The Wizard of Oz. From what I remember reading she was voluminous, but they bound her so she appeared flat-chested.)
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Alternate universe maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but they can't very well discriminate against someone sexual orientation. They can bind up her breasts. (Not really the same thing, but when I think of this I think of the young adult Judy Garland playing a child in The Wizard of Oz. From what I remember reading she was voluminous, but they bound her so she appeared flat-chested.)
    Not the same thing, IMO. I don't think its discrimination to have a person playing a part in a film, etc., when the role calls for a specific type. I mean they didn't have a dude playing Dorothy.
    Minerva

I have to agree about LaVerne. Besides the fact she's a trans-sexual (or transgendered, whatever) (she's not a sweet transvestite) and there is a difference.

Sign of the times folks. We all better get use to it. Any re-boot or remake will include changes from the original.

I am really thrilled that Tim is able to do this project! That being said, I am dreading this. I know what Fox did to this on Glee and I wonder if they're headed down the same road with this remake since they are again using a woman to play Frank. *sigh* It is so sad that this generation of Hollywood creatives seem to be sorely lacking i creativity and are therefore resigned to remaking movies and implementing 'changes.' If it weren't for Tim, I wouldn't bother with this at all but since it's Tim....I know they're counting on him to pull in some viewers and in my case, it's working.
    I mean, they say you die twice.
    One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.

Banksy

Sadly, I think he will die in 2016.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I agree London, and I hate to say it but I think Bette White will also, not that she is ill but I think it will be one of those where it was just so sudden.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 01-25-2016 at 07:39 PM.

grrrrrrrr

As much as I love Tim Curry I had no idea he'd had a stroke and was in a wheelchair. I hate to hear that. I loved RHPS. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen it. I used to keep track. Remaking it is all kinds of wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

quoth-the-raving Guest

Tim Curry (Greek Theater)

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Several years ago saw him in the audience at a Greek Theater concert. He was HAWT!!!
    That wasn't Spinal Tap/The Folksmen in the summer of 2001, by any chance, was it Karen?

(I was there. Shook his hand.)

Niko88 Guest
    I love Tim Curry as Pennywise! I was never really freaked out about IT because I saw Rocky Horror before I ever watched IT. Plus my grandfather would buy me antique clowns when I was a kid. I don't know if he was trying to freak me out, but it didn't work. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Oh Boy.....is Tim starting to circle the drain?
    True, he was just at the London Ont, comic con. sadly the man
    looked very ill.

London, do you happen to have a link to pics from that con? I had no luck on Google Images.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    London, do you happen to have a link to pics from that con? I had no luck on Google Images.
    Nope, sorry I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    This is the only one I could find on Twitter from the Con. I had to edit it a bit as it is from a meet and greet.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    This is the only one I could find on Twitter from the Con. I had to edit it a bit as it is from a meet and greet.

Thank you for posting this photo, this is how I seen him
    in his wheelchair after a stroke.
    Maybe some people are trying to use him for money before
    he may die.(sad but true)

I did not imagine him this way. Nonetheless thank you for the response.

Oh, my gosh.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

wow, it was shocking seeing him that way after just having watched Rocky Horror and Legend.

The pic and what's happened to him are sad, but I will always think of him as the cult icon he is. I have fond memories of repeatedly attending TRHPS showings at the midnight movies across the street from where mom and I lived when I was in high school. After awhile, she started going too and loved it. I remember saving money to buy her a VHS copy of the 10th anniversary edition. Somehow it ended up at my place during a recent move, and I got to give it to her again.

Stay with us as long as you can, Tim. You've made billions of people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    The pic and what's happened to him are sad, but I will always think of him as the cult icon he is. I have fond memories of repeatedly attending TRHPS showings at the midnight movies across the street from where mom and I lived when I was in high school. After awhile, she started going too and loved it. I remember saving money to buy her a VHS copy of the 10th anniversary edition. Somehow it ended up at my place during a recent move, and I got to give it to her again.

Stay with us as long as you can, Tim. You've made billions of people happy.
    I so agree with all this.

Thanks TOL.