Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pearl Jam Peeps!

Long Gone Day Guest
    Geez, that is awful. I hope they get them. They said even though it was caught on camera there are still no arrests. I'm glad he wasn't hurt. I love Pearl Jam. Nice to see they are playing some concerts.

The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Hobbes12 Guest
    Last edited by Hobbes12; 05-17-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    Pearl Jam is coming to San Francisco in August! YESSSS!! I get to see them soon. I was going mad since the last time I saw them Live which was July lol I have issues when it comes to Pearl Jam -- total Nut!

Anyway, they are headlining the San Francisco music festival here in August and they will be headlining Austin City Limits in Sept in Austin, TX.

I'm HAPPY HAPPY with today's news.
    OMG OMG OMG OMG! That story blogged above was brillant! i would have been shaking too What a sweetie! OMG you touched his hand. I wouldn't have washed it for a week hehe

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    What? Was that Jeff in the red? Why didn't that guy in the blue shirt (or anyone) run over and see if he was okay?

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Tonight on the New Tonight Show with Konnan -- Pearl Jam will perform! YAY! I'm in the West Coast so it hasn't started for me lol.

It looks like a new PJ album should come out later this year! WOHOOOO! This means I'm soon going on tour with them!

Long Gone Day Guest
    According to Wiki, Cameron Crowe is making a movie about them. Forgive me if someone already posted this. I'm usually the last to know anything....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Crowe

"Untitled Pearl Jam Retrospective Movie"

In an interview with Pearl Jam on March 9, 2009, bassist Jeff Ament said "... our manager Kelly has had the idea to do a 20 year anniversary retrospective movie so he's been on board with [film director] Cameron Crowe for the last few years."[12] Guitarist Mike McCready also stated in March, "â??We are just in the very early stages of thatâ?¦starting to go through all the footage we have, and Cameronâ??s writing the treatment."[13]

stacebabe Guest

The Chilean Eddie Vedder - Javier Diaz

First Marc Martel doing Freddie, now this! This guy is amazing! I apologize if there's a Pearl Jam or Vedder thread, I searched and didn't find one. Mods, please move if necessary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD32b...layer_embedded

The Pearl Jam accident

Today is it 15 years since the Pearl Jam accident where 9 people died.

Damn, the years have gone so fast. A family friend was at that concert, and it took over 24 hours before he could call his family and tell he was ok...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ncert-20000817

I had never heard about that happening before, I'm glad it was in Police Blotter before it was moved because I never would have opened this thread otherwise. I have never been a PJ fan at all, I went to one of their concerts once because Frank Black opened for them. I watched Frank and left after 3 Pearl Jam songs, just not my thing.

But I do feel bad that happened at one of their concerts. That was a good article about it and sounds like Eddie Vedder handled it well when the news traveled to him, to try and get everyone to step back. I can't imagine how bad they feel about it even though they didn't have anything to do with it. People get crazy in those mosh pits, even just crowds can be so dangerous. We saw Peaches last weekend and people were pushing so hard to get closer to the stage when there was obviously no room to move. I eventually moved back up on the hill behind the crowd where my other friends were because people were just too out of control, and this crowd was probably 1/20 of the size of the on at that festival.