Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 19262728
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1365

Thread: Death Hag Books

I'm going to order it. Thanks for sharing, Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chief View Post
    Just read Hollywood Babylon by Kenneth Anger. It was so trashy, i loved it.
    Me too, have both of his books.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm going to order it. Thanks for sharing, Cash.
    very welcome

The Colonial Parkway Serial Killings unsolved murders of 8 people in the 80s
    Jodi Arais Trail book by Juan Martinez (sp)
    Exposed another book about Jodi Arais
    Killer Clown John wayne Gacy Murders by the lawyer that prosecuted him
    Step Into My Parlor Jeffery Dhamer Murder
    Dhamer Detective (book by the detective that worked on the case)
    The Boston Strangler
    Imperfect Justice (Casey Anthony) written by the lawyer that help prosecute her Jeff Ashton.
    Will have to look up the authors of most of them as I don't remember at the top of my head,
    about once a month or everytwo months I buy about eight or so books after saving up money.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Me too, have both of his books.
    I managed to get a hold of them after seeing ppl talk about how OTT they were on here. All I can say is OMFG. They are everything they were promised.

I'm not sure if anyone knows but there is a new one out called Hollywood Babylon: It’s Back. This one isn't by Kenneth Danger but instead two authors called Darwin Porter & Danforth Prince. This one seems to be obsessed with the size of guys dicks and who is the biggest. Other stories include Bette Davis murdering someone, Marilyn having an affair with Jackie and Elvis and most shockingly the story that James Dean was an alleged paedophile who had a 'relationship' with a 12 year old boy something that was common knowledge but kept quiet.

The Boston Strangler scared me to death back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I managed to get a hold of them after seeing ppl talk about how OTT they were on here. All I can say is OMFG. They are everything they were promised.

I'm not sure if anyone knows but there is a new one out called Hollywood Babylon: It’s Back. This one isn't by Kenneth Danger but instead two authors called Darwin Porter & Danforth Prince. This one seems to be obsessed with the size of guys dicks and who is the biggest. Other stories include Bette Davis murdering someone, Marilyn having an affair with Jackie and Elvis and most shockingly the story that James Dean was an alleged paedophile who had a 'relationship' with a 12 year old boy something that was common knowledge but kept quiet.
    A new Hollywood Babylon book would be great here in 2018.
    But because of the internet what can we be shocked by?

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    The most shocking part of the book to me was the crap quality of 95% of the pictures. Is that a naked Victor Mature, or is there a fuzzy kielbasa lying next to any random Italian dude in the 1940s. We may never know!!
    Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chief View Post
    Just read Hollywood Babylon by Kenneth Anger. It was so trashy, i loved it.
    But very true.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    A new Hollywood Babylon book would be great here in 2018.
    But because of the internet what can we be shocked by?
    This one is up to date as it talks about Channing Tatum, Daniel Radcliffe and Jake Gyllenhaal among others but as you say a great deal of it was already common knowledge. There are a few moments that make you go hmm but you wonder how much if any is actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    The most shocking part of the book to me was the crap quality of 95% of the pictures. Is that a naked Victor Mature, or is there a fuzzy kielbasa lying next to any random Italian dude in the 1940s. We may never know!!
    I have all three on PDF and I assumed that was what was wrong with the images until my friend who had a hard copy said they were just as bad in that. It says something that the older books managed to get decent pictures yet the most modern couldn't even though some of the images are quite recent.
    [COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    The Boston Strangler scared me to death back in the day.
    I bet, it was a scary time from what I heard.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: A Shocking Murder and the Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective

https://www.amazon.ca/Suspicions-Mr-...of+mr.+whicher

Cash I have that book, bought it a few years ago still haven't read it, Let me know how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Cash I have that book, bought it a few years ago still haven't read it, Let me know how it is.
    It is very good. The author does a good job with this 150 year old Victorian crime.

okay I'll dust it off and add to the stack I am trying to get read, thank you.