Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 1441

Thread: Death Hag Books

I'm going to order it. Thanks for sharing, Cash.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chief View Post
    Just read Hollywood Babylon by Kenneth Anger. It was so trashy, i loved it.
    Me too, have both of his books.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm going to order it. Thanks for sharing, Cash.
    very welcome

The Colonial Parkway Serial Killings unsolved murders of 8 people in the 80s
    Jodi Arais Trail book by Juan Martinez (sp)
    Exposed another book about Jodi Arais
    Killer Clown John wayne Gacy Murders by the lawyer that prosecuted him
    Step Into My Parlor Jeffery Dhamer Murder
    Dhamer Detective (book by the detective that worked on the case)
    The Boston Strangler
    Imperfect Justice (Casey Anthony) written by the lawyer that help prosecute her Jeff Ashton.
    Will have to look up the authors of most of them as I don't remember at the top of my head,
    about once a month or everytwo months I buy about eight or so books after saving up money.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Me too, have both of his books.
    I managed to get a hold of them after seeing ppl talk about how OTT they were on here. All I can say is OMFG. They are everything they were promised.

I'm not sure if anyone knows but there is a new one out called Hollywood Babylon: It’s Back. This one isn't by Kenneth Danger but instead two authors called Darwin Porter & Danforth Prince. This one seems to be obsessed with the size of guys dicks and who is the biggest. Other stories include Bette Davis murdering someone, Marilyn having an affair with Jackie and Elvis and most shockingly the story that James Dean was an alleged paedophile who had a 'relationship' with a 12 year old boy something that was common knowledge but kept quiet.

The Boston Strangler scared me to death back in the day.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I managed to get a hold of them after seeing ppl talk about how OTT they were on here. All I can say is OMFG. They are everything they were promised.

I'm not sure if anyone knows but there is a new one out called Hollywood Babylon: It’s Back. This one isn't by Kenneth Danger but instead two authors called Darwin Porter & Danforth Prince. This one seems to be obsessed with the size of guys dicks and who is the biggest. Other stories include Bette Davis murdering someone, Marilyn having an affair with Jackie and Elvis and most shockingly the story that James Dean was an alleged paedophile who had a 'relationship' with a 12 year old boy something that was common knowledge but kept quiet.
    A new Hollywood Babylon book would be great here in 2018.
    But because of the internet what can we be shocked by?

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    The most shocking part of the book to me was the crap quality of 95% of the pictures. Is that a naked Victor Mature, or is there a fuzzy kielbasa lying next to any random Italian dude in the 1940s. We may never know!!
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chief View Post
    Just read Hollywood Babylon by Kenneth Anger. It was so trashy, i loved it.
    But very true.

A new Hollywood Babylon book would be great here in 2018.
    But because of the internet what can we be shocked by?
    This one is up to date as it talks about Channing Tatum, Daniel Radcliffe and Jake Gyllenhaal among others but as you say a great deal of it was already common knowledge. There are a few moments that make you go hmm but you wonder how much if any is actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    The most shocking part of the book to me was the crap quality of 95% of the pictures. Is that a naked Victor Mature, or is there a fuzzy kielbasa lying next to any random Italian dude in the 1940s. We may never know!!
    I have all three on PDF and I assumed that was what was wrong with the images until my friend who had a hard copy said they were just as bad in that. It says something that the older books managed to get decent pictures yet the most modern couldn't even though some of the images are quite recent.
    [COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    The Boston Strangler scared me to death back in the day.
    I bet, it was a scary time from what I heard.

The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: A Shocking Murder and the Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective

https://www.amazon.ca/Suspicions-Mr-...of+mr.+whicher

Cash I have that book, bought it a few years ago still haven't read it, Let me know how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Cash I have that book, bought it a few years ago still haven't read it, Let me know how it is.
    It is very good. The author does a good job with this 150 year old Victorian crime.

okay I'll dust it off and add to the stack I am trying to get read, thank you.

I have not read the book, but I have seen a series of made for television movies based on him. Well done mysteries. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71az-rk45BL._SY445_.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	54734
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Ordered my copy of Sharon Tate:A Life by Ed Sanders due out this Tuesday.
    Have to ask, are you looking forward to the Quentin
    Tarantino movie about Sharon Tate?

Have to ask, are you looking forward to the Quentin
    Tarantino movie about Sharon Tate?
    I have to admit I am a little curious about it. I will probably see it at some point to see how far it goes in terms of the actual crime.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I have to admit I am a little curious about it. I will probably see it at some point to see how far it goes in terms of the actual crime.
    Me Too.

Anyone read Zodiac by Robert Greysmith?

21. 01-22-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SelenaFan View Post
    Anyone read Zodiac by Robert Greysmith?
    read the book and saw the movie both are very good.

I read it and was of the opinion it was the Zodiac authority. Then I found out it was merely based on the true story. There's a thread around here denounces it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Would you like to play a game? (said in the robot voice from "Wargames.")Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SKG.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	54764
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Reading the man from the Train, it talks about the murders that went along with the Villisca Ax Murders, and how it is possible that it was a serial killer who rode the rails through the towns from Villisca and on up and down. I just started it and so far it's good. Got it on amazon and it was recommended by Karen and Georgia from my faveorite murder podcast. Wow Clean I would love too.

Picked this up in a used book store ,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51V7KTNXM7L._SX290_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	54827I had never heard of these two. Talk about gruesome and depraved !

Ohhh that looks good, Mansfield, let me know how it is, (scurries off to look it up on amazon)

Ohhh that looks good, Mansfield, let me know how it is, (scurries off to look it up on amazon)
    I'm half way through it pk. Wow ! Why did I not know about this case ? Excellent narrative and detail and scary as hell ! If you can get a copy from Amazon I would.

Yes I can get a copy from amazonI'll do that now, while it's still cheap, and ordered.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-30-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Oh good. Best read during daylight hours ! LOL.

okay will do, but reading things like that at night does not bother me, found a great inexpensive website that has used and new books sometimes cheaper than amazon, and even out of print books that you can't get on amazon, and shipping is free with ten dollar purchase otherwise 99 cents for shipping and you build up points and can get a free book, https://www.thriftbooks.com/ bought so many books from them my husband is like, yep time for an intervention LOL

Well, when you live by yourself .... LOL. Thanks for the link to that site. looks wonderful !

LOL yep Mansfield, books are my drug of choice and hubby is a book lover as well, you're so welcome the books do take a bit to get to you, but well worth it especially the ones that are expensive or out of print on amazon. I got a rare book for like 4.79 good condition and it looks brand new written by the detecive that worked the case let me find it for you, https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/three-...0&idiq=3876869

Another crime I had not heard of, and a despicable one at that ! Considering it's on Amazon for almost $100, this place is incredible for deals ! I've been browsing the site, a treasure trove of good reading and great prices. The book you purchased how disturbing is it ? I had seen Paradise Lost: The Child Murders At Robin Hood Hills and that was very disturbing. Crimes involving children really make me sick.

I just started it mansfield, and so far not graphic like Robin Hood Hills, but the mos are the same the boys were found in a ditch, hog-tied and naked, much like the three at Robin Hood Hills. This case was back in the 50s goes along with the Grimes Sisters who also went missing after watching a movie, not even a month before or after the boys, and they too were found hog tied, thrown naked into a ditch. I am thinking serial killer?

The similarities in all three cases are eerie. Looked into both cases from the '50's and that led me to Silas Jayne who may have had a connection in both murders. I had read a book on Helen Voorhees Brach the candy heiress who disappeared in 1977, and this Jayne has ties to that. When I saw his name I remembered him from the book about her. This guy was involved in a lot ! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silas_Jayne

I am going to read up on Helen Brach, her case is eerie.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 05-02-2019 at 08:27 AM.

I am going to read up on Helen Brach, her case is eerie.
    Here is a book you might find interesting. I have read it many times and it still fascinates me. Probably because it happened in my hometown, we used to go to where the "torso" was discovered when we were teenagers just to hang out late at night and tell the story. Evelyn served time and was given a new identity and vanished. If she is still alive she would be 98 or 99 now. My dad was in law enforcement and worked at the Barton Street Jail in Hamilton and he had met her and seen her while she was incarcerated there. I was always asking questions ! https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/the-to...3&idiq=6093187

Thanks Mansfield I'll add it to my wish list on there, and get it. Wow I bet your dad had some great stories to tell.

okay so I ordered the Torso Murder book, Manfield and the one about Vivane Vance, I am almost done with The Man From the Train, it's okay, the writer could have cut a lot of stuff out, like his personal commentary, for example he says a Prostitute by the name of Alice Walker, forgive me a lady by the name of Alice Walker. Why didn't he just say the first line and leave the second one out, or say a lady by the name of Alice Walker claims she was with such and such person on the night of, he does commentary like that throughout the whole book or put in stuff and is like why did you put that in here it doesn't go along really with what you are trying to convey.

okay so I ordered the Torso Murder book, Manfield and the one about Vivane Vance, I am almost done with The Man From the Train, it's okay, the writer could have cut a lot of stuff out, like his personal commentary, for example he says a Prostitute by the name of Alice Walker, forgive me a lady by the name of Alice Walker. Why didn't he just say the first line and leave the second one out, or say a lady by the name of Alice Walker claims she was with such and such person on the night of, he does commentary like that throughout the whole book or put in stuff and is like why did you put that in here it doesn't go along really with what you are trying to convey.
    Sorry pk, but this has been the first time I've been able to get into the site in almost 4 days ! "Server To Busy " That's the longest time yet ! You will enjoy those books. That book your reading sounds tedious at best, I don't like writers who go on and on and ultimately say nothing ! LOL.

I understand Mansfield and no need to say sorry, so I ended up skipping a lot of the book and will be donating it to the used bookstore unless a fellow death hag wants it and I can mail it to them. Am waiting for the books to come in from thrift books it takes about a week to two weeks for them to arrive, I just got in The Sunset Murders and will read that after I read Never Seen The Moon, about a daughter in 1935 killing her father with a high heel shoes, for two years she was a big celebrity, people writing her letters, coming to the jail to see her, asking for her autograph and a movie was made about her during that time, she had a fan base.

That last book sounds fascinating ! Let me know if it is worth purchasing. In the meantime I will look for the film it is based on, Mountain Justice from 1937.

Mansfield, so far it is good, I haven't had much time to read as I went back to working on my book, I am half way done have the first half done, and will be editing and typing it up and adding photos. I may wait until I get second half done and then do all that. I am eager to start The Torso Murder, I just got it in yesterday.

I'm reading The Stranger Beside Me & watching the movie. I've already had a nightmare, but that never stopped me. What really gives me pause is that I was living in a college dorm during his rampage, and the back door was always left propped open...
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I read the stranger beside me, there's a movie!? Is it on Netflix, Hulu?

I read the stranger beside me, there's a movie!? Is it on Netflix, Hulu?
    Amazon Prime Video. It could be on one of those. A more graphic movie is Ted Bundy. Rated R. Yikes!
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-15-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mansfield, so far it is good, I haven't had much time to read as I went back to working on my book, I am half way done have the first half done, and will be editing and typing it up and adding photos. I may wait until I get second half done and then do all that. I am eager to start The Torso Murder, I just got it in yesterday.
    Sounds like your busy ! Glad you got the book, it is a lurid case for sure. If you can find it the movie was good also. Starring Kathleen Robertson who is from my hometown of Hamilton Ontario. She went on to do BH 90210 and a great series from a couple of years ago Murder In The First.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BMTYzNjYwNDU5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODUxNTAzMQ@@._V1_.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	54836

oh thanks Mansfield and Cindy, I donthave prime anymore

arrived from Amazon today

Cash that is a good one, if you like that one read Raven.