Thread: Iraqi soldier kills two U.S. soldiers

Iraqi soldier kills two U.S. soldiers

Story From Reuters

BAGHDAD (Reuters) – An Iraqi soldier went on the rampage at a joint security station in northern Iraq on Wednesday, shooting dead two U.S. soldiers and wounding six, the U.S. military said.
    The U.S. military said the soldier opened fire on the Americans at the station -- one of many in which Iraqi and U.S. troops operate side by side -- in the city of Mosul.
    "The soldiers were in the courtyard ... an Iraqi soldier entered and shot two soldiers, killing one, mortally wounding another, and then spraying the others," said U.S. army spokeswoman for northern Iraq Major Peggy Kageleiry.
    "He was engaged by counter-fire and killed," she added. A local morgue said it had received the body of the Iraqi soldier, riddled with bullets.
    Two local police sources and an Iraqi army source, all of whom declined to be named because of the sensitivity of the subject, said a quarrel had broken out between the Iraqi and U.S. soldiers at the joint station.
    But Kageleiry denied there was any altercation between the soldiers before the shooting.
    "The U.S. soldiers had no conversation with this soldier and there was no interaction of any kind before they were murdered," she said.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Jazbabee Guest
    How very sad given the circumstances/situation I am kind of surprised we dont hear of more incidents of this nature

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    How very sad given the circumstances/situation I am kind of surprised we dont hear of more incidents of this nature

Don`t be so sure there isn`t Jazz.....lots of things go on that we don`t know about....I`m sure after all is said and done we`ll hear stories that will curl our hairs.....tensions are high....they feel they have their country under control and want us out......such is the way of war

gemini33 Guest
    I'm friends with a woman who has a son who has served TWO tours of duty in Iraq. He's going back for his third as I type. Of course the media only reports on the bad. Her son has been all over Iraq... Most of them cheer American forces.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    I'm friends with a woman who has a son who has served TWO tours of duty in Iraq. He's going back for his third as I type. Of course the media only reports on the bad. Her son has been all over Iraq... Most of them cheer American forces.
    This is true....many are thankful for what we have accomplshed, at a very high and dear price.....but it doesn`t negate the fact they want to reap the rewards as a country, to do things on their own.....even a baby bird has to jump out of the nest sometime....and I think this particular bird is ready to fly....this story isn`t about how the people feel....this is a story on how 2 forces that have worked closely together are feeling crowded...JMO

Guest Guest
    my 19 year old nephew just arrived in Balad Iraq and now it hits closer to home than ever...every time I hear of a death I catch my breath...my prayers are to all of our troops and to the families of those lost.

Morto Guest
    War is a very sad business and carries with it every country's need to play down the realities

8. 11-15-2008, 05:14 PM

401402 Guest
    thanks for the gore wow great pics