Thread: Arkansas School shooting

kimba Guest

Arkansas School shooting

Holy Cow-
    more deaths in Arkansas!

(CNN) -- Two students were killed and another person was wounded in a shooting at the University of Central Arkansas on Sunday evening, according to a hospital spokesman.
    The shooting, which happened outside a dorm, prompted a campus lockdown and the cancellation of Monday classes.
    One person was detained for questioning but has not been arrested, according to Lt. Rhonda Swindle, a spokesman for the campus police.
    "At this time we do have some pretty good leads," Swindle said.
    One student died on the scene, and a second died at Conway Regional Medical Center, a hospital spokesman said.
    The hospital spokesman said the person who died there was an 18-year-old male, but he did not have any additional information.
    A third person, a 19-year-old male, was released from the hospital after being treated for a gunshot wound to his leg, a hospital spokesman said.
    The shots were fired near Arkansas Hall and the Snow Fine Arts Center at 9:22 p.m. (10:22 p.m. ET), Swindle said.
    Freshman Sam Hausen was about 50 feet away from the shooters when the gunfire began.
    "I heard about five or 10 shots and, at first, I thought it was just firecrackers, because everybody always clowns around out there, but I just realized that it wasn't firecrackers," Hausen said.
    As he began running away, he saw one of the wounded students hit the ground and another stumbled into the dorm, he said.
    "I saw a couple cars speed off," Hausen said. "I don't know if they were the shooters or not."
    Student Lauren Knight was walking to the library when it happened. She said chaos erupted, with students scurrying for safety.
    When the campus lockdown was ordered, Knight was stuck with other students for several hours inside the library.
    Classes were canceled for Monday at the university which serves about 12,500 full-time students in Conway, Arkansas.

Guest Guest
    Tragic! I sure wouldn't want to be educated in Arkansas! This shooting business is way too frequent! Very sad.

It's always a sad day when you hear of this ... violent, needless act !!! I hope the sole survivor makes a full recovery ... and Love to the Families of the Victims !!
    There's more to the truth than just the facts. ~Author Unknown

fultondyke Guest
    This reminds me...remember the middle school boys in Arkansas, who went on a shooting rampage, killing classmates and a pregnant teacher several years ago? They were both RELEASED this year...one of them was re-arrested (I think within 24 hrs) for posession of marijuana and a hand gun!

Any clue yet as to motive? 4 non-student suspects in custody.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Seagorath Guest
    That's quite shocking...but really doesn't surprise me. Both those little shitburgers should be locked up for life...for the murders they committed.

Quote Originally Posted by fultondyke View Post
    This reminds me...remember the middle school boys in Arkansas, who went on a shooting rampage, killing classmates and a pregnant teacher several years ago? They were both RELEASED this year...one of them was re-arrested (I think within 24 hrs) for posession of marijuana and a hand gun!

guardmom2008 Guest
    How horrible, I hope they are able to find whoever did this. There are way too many shootings in Arkansas. Lockdowns are not fun, we do a lot of drills at my school, it is better to be safe than sorry.

God...WTF!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Hobbes12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    That's quite shocking...but really doesn't surprise me. Both those little shitburgers should be locked up for life...for the murders they committed.
    Theyre 2 lucky SOB that only got *slap* on hand...
    That Mitchell Johnson kid is going to get more time for is drug offences then he ever got for his murders...
    The only reason they even know that Andrew Golden(change name to Drew Douglas Grant) is around is he try to get a gun permit and they denied him in a heart beat...
    Last edited by Hobbes12; 05-10-2009 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fultondyke View Post
    The Jonesboro kids.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Hobbes12 Guest

That would be the one. What a moron.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Hobbes12 Guest
    Arkansas had the biggest loop hole i ever have heard of it...
    To do only 8(Johnson) and 10(Golden) years for 5 murders is nuts...

Mammy Guest
    I found a lengthy but very good article about looking back at the shooting fifteen years later and the impact it has had on the family and friends of the victims and the people who were in the sixth grade there at the time.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/djpeisner/th...notorious-scho

I never use the term "get over it," but IMHO some of these people need some serious help. 15 years later and you can't hold a job or go outside? You have to get on with your life even when you experience something horrible like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Sorry for this shameless threadjack
    but
    Mam, please check your inbox. It's important.

(Sorry again)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

The Jonesboro kid who was rearrested was carrying under an assumed name. He filed for a permit under a bogus name, got arrested, and the fingerprints showed who he really was. Keep in mind, this shooting happened BEFORE new laws were passed which allow teens to be tried as adults. So under the law they were prosecuted under, they had to be released by age 18. (FYI: I've got a buddy in the media who worked this case from day one. He was one of the first media members on the scene of the shooting.)

1998 Arkansas school shooter, who killed five when he was 11, dies in head-on car crash

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1998-arka...123334541.html