Thread: Small AL Town Shocked By Drag Queens in X-Mas Parade

Small AL Town Shocked By Drag Queens in X-Mas Parade

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mo...ersy-at-parade

Home video stating at 24:14
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICEAd5mypzk
    The cheering crowd just shuts the fuck up as they pass.
    Last edited by ichabodius; 12-24-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Welcome to the 21st century, people!

Awesome!
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Organizers of Mobile, AL new years parade tell The Prancing Elites they are no longer welcome to participate:
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/2...s-festivities/
    Asswipes.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Forever-27 Guest
    Reminds me of the town in " To Wang Foo With Love, Julie Newmar "

And what will happen to them if they do? Anything worth a shit? If not, I'd say fuck it and participate anyway.

Criminy! Get over yourselves people (not anyone here. So far)! It's not like they were out there giving blowies to each other. They were dancing. Notice how that lady who they interviewed's kid was hardly paying attention. If they had asked her she probably would have had no idea what the problem was. It's just another reason to teach your kids to not accept someone different than them. If you are really that anti LGBT than you should focus on manipulating your kid's interpretation, not trying to shield them from it totally. You'll lose either way, but the latter will show your kids what you're all about. Like tearing off a band aide.
    Last edited by MiraculousMandarin; 12-24-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    And what will happen to them if they do? Anything worth a shit? If not, I'd say fuck it and participate anyway.
    I agree! If there are no restrictions on anyone else participating, then they have as much right to be there as anyone else.

If drag queens can't dance in a parade, gay and lesbian marriage is certainly off the books.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

That's just wrong. They probably brought all the fun to the parade. In my experience nobody parties like drag queens. Honestly we don't have many dedicated drag queens around here but the few we have certainly know how to get down. Intolerance sucks.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

If any good is happening here, is that the group has got a lot of free publicity. And damn can those guys dance.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Organizers of Mobile, AL new years parade tell The Prancing Elites they are no longer welcome to participate:
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/2...s-festivities/
    Asswipes.
    I saw this on the local news last night. I live 50 miles from Mobile so we get Mobile tv stations and news. it's ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's a lot of gay.

I actually just watched that clip and that IS one of 2 local stations we get from Mobile. That's the exact broadcast I watched last night. That woman! OMG! Her daughter was exposed to gay men!!!!! Oh the horror!!!! WTF? Makes me ashamed of being a southerner. I assure you, we aren't all like that. My boyfriend laughed at how very gay those guys are but he's got gay friends and isn't homophobic at all. He's a southern biker. Big burly guy with a beard. It makes me ill at how backwards some of these people are around here. I felt bad for those dancers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    That's a lot of gay.
    LOL, you always know just what to say!

Some people don't seem to have anything serious to worry about.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Did they end up making an appearance in the parade?

Bidmor Guest
    Well they were invited, and they have performed in Mobile. So if it'll play in Mobile...

BTW that vibration you feel is George Wallace spinning in his grave.

I dunno- I don't have a problem with dancing drag queens and all- but for a Christmas parade? People go to see Santa,kids wearing elf ears and marching bands playing Christmas music- not a bunch of gay guys in booty shorts dancing to music that isn't even Christmas music. As fabulous as they were, they kind of didn't fit in. I would totally pay money to see them in the right setting though- they looked awesome.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

What if they were dancing to Christmas music?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK- I took a few minutes to watch the youtube video and another that was posted of the same parade but it was all of the Elite Prancers from the same parade. I still think they didn't really fit in- especially given the acute number of old farts on tractors and wagons of people throwing candy- but that's just IMO. Plus the bare beer bellies hanging over the booty shorts were a little...offputting.

On the other hand- if people are going to make a stink about this group, why aren't they screaming about the group of preteen young black girls that were twerking and butt dancing in the same parade? Bit of a double standard there. It's at about 16 minutes into the Youtube video.

Personally, I don't have a problem with them. If they were in the parade in my town, there would probably be some screaming, but not by me. The only thing I don't like in parades is politicians. And clowns.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    The only thing I don't like in parades is politicians. And clowns.
    Aren't they pretty much the same thing?

Mammy Guest
    The politicians and clowns should only be allowed in parades if they agree to walk directly behind the horses. The horses can't be wearing tail purses either.

Gay folks are in every parade. Even in small towns where they're usually forced into being closeted because other people say gays don't fit in. But they're there.

The difference being these queens are out and proud. I say good for them!

Gays shouldn't have to be ashamed of who they are. Anywhere.

Gays shouldn't have to be ashamed of who they are. Anywhere.
    Gotta agree there. We're all just people; parades are meant for entertainment so anything entertaining should be enjoyed. Good dancers are good entertainment. I much prefer that to people just walking around wearing Santa hats and elf ears and offering no particular talent.

These young men are to be admired for their dedication to being good at what they do; they work at it and they are really good.

I hope they will be available for my funeral when that day comes.

Oh dear! was one of the people shocked named Phil Robertson.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Gotta agree there. We're all just people; parades are meant for entertainment so anything entertaining should be enjoyed. Good dancers are good entertainment. I much prefer that to people just walking around wearing Santa hats and elf ears and offering no particular talent.

These young men are to be admired for their dedication to being good at what they do; they work at it and they are really good.

I hope they will be available for my funeral when that day comes.
    This^. Good post JimC, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Oh dear! was one of the people shocked named Phil Robertson.
    He needs a good spanking by a bunch of drag queens.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Aren't they pretty much the same thing?
    LOL, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The politicians and clowns should only be allowed in parades if they agree to walk directly behind the horses. The horses can't be wearing tail purses either.
    Yeah, they should enjoy some of their own eloquence.

He needs a good spanking by a bunch of drag queens.
    We need a "thanks" button.

I was in a marching band and had to march behind horses on a regular basis. (Whoever dreamed up the West Allis Western Days parade in Milwaukee, WI can go fuck themselves with a dead horse). Not pretty.

Paging Pinyan's Pony! Phone for Pinyan's Pony!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I was in a marching band and had to march behind horses on a regular basis. (Whoever dreamed up the West Allis Western Days parade in Milwaukee, WI can go fuck themselves with a dead horse). Not pretty.
    Shew, that's awful! I have a weak stomach and the horse shit would have been mixed with my puke. I was in the marching band in middle and high school and we were always at the start of the parade at local events.

Shew, that's awful! I have a weak stomach and the horse shit would have been mixed with my puke. I was in the marching band in middle and high school and we were always at the start of the parade at local events.

Not us. We always got stuck behind horses. And we were a military style old school band, so if there was a pile in your direct path, you went through it. If the parade stopped and you had to march in place, and there was horse poo there, you had to go through that too. The Milwaukee Circus parade was pretty bad too- but they had some clean up crews that made it a little bearable.

tarsier Guest
    Horse poo isn't bad unless you hang linen out to dry and they are cleaning a stable down wind bu it doesn't smell near as bad as ox poo. My idiot neighbor has oxen parked across the street from my house.
    On the topic my small town would freak over drag queens in a parade but anything outside the status quo is very bad here or rather it's okay as long as the neighbors don' know about it.
    Last edited by tarsier; 01-01-2014 at 06:56 AM.

I've lived all over the country. Big cities and small towns. What I've found when it comes to stuff like this is the uneducated and/or those who haven't experienced other cultures seem to have the lowest tolerance for others' rights when it comes to stuff like this.

Lawren Guest
    They act like these guys were twerking on each other. Get a grip rednecks.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I just moved a few months back to Texas. East Texas. I was at the local grocery store when two women from the Southern Baptist church were discussing this .anyway..they too were mortified. SO being that I had to listen to this crap I asked this how this little parade with these people in it hurt them. They told me that it hurt the morals of the youngsters that saw this, so I said but God made those people so how can you treat them this way? I was told NO NO they chose to live this way and I said NO NO they chose to dance, the other was a gft from GOD. Stubborn old women lol I got a card and an INVITE to the church this weekend. I wont be going I only do churches that have moon shine and rattle snakes. I am sure I would wind up[ in jail but also none of the cashiers talk to me any more at the store LOL Guess I need to go to Kilgore for groceries lol But honest to God I want to know how these dancers hurt anyone . when I was growing up we had drag queens in New Orleans that were in every parade, the gays wore hip huggers and little half tops and make up and they curled their hair and bleached it and were beautiful and people left them alone. They owned all the beauty shops in the quarter and did all the strippers hair and make up and half of the populations there hair. ALl the rich women had their hair done by the guys. I dont understand the fuss in AL. What is so different in New Orleans from Al?? It is really a shame that those people acted the way they did but that is what happens when you are raised by a burning bible and preachers that talk about brimstone and hell fire. There is NO grey area there none and probably never will be. BUt personally I think those dancers are great and handled it with a lot more class then the bible thumpers. These people don't make me ashamed of being a southerner it just makes me back away from organized religion a little more each day. I think it makes me ashamed that people who are supposed to represent God are talking this way and spreading hate and bias about people who have never done a damn thing to these people.. In this day and age that this kind of shit is still going on , that is the shame. But there are so n ay old old laws on the books they would have found one that could have made these guys be arrested so they did the right thing and protected themselves.
    Last edited by NOVSTORM; 01-01-2014 at 05:27 PM.

PurrPurr Guest
    This reminds me of the fuss so many people made about a gay couple being married during today's Rose Parade. There was a page on Facebook made up to boycott the parade with over 8,000 "likes" (obviously, I wasn't one of them as I have strong beliefs in equality from all walks of life) not to mention hateful comments made under a story posted by one of the news networks. Yes, we're still dealing with such atrocities in the 21st century. Appalling, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    This reminds me of the fuss so many people made about a gay couple being married during today's Rose Parade. There was a page on Facebook made up to boycott the parade with over 8,000 "likes" (obviously, I wasn't one of them as I have strong beliefs in equality from all walks of life) not to mention hateful comments made under a story posted by one of the news networks. Yes, we're still dealing with such atrocities in the 21st century. Appalling, to say the least.

Sad but not at all surprised. The recent Duck Dynasty thing is another one. "How dare A&E suspend Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty..so he hates fags..GOOD FOR HIM !! I DO TOO The Duck Dynasty folks should smack one in the fucking mouth !!" Heard that comment made at Denny's the other night by some doofus sitting near me. Oh well !! Those who believe that being gay is a choice, say how only gays can get HIV/AIDS not too mention how you can tell if someone is gay by how they smoke their cigarettes oh can't forget those who believe all gays are child molesters. "But what about little girls who are molested ??" "..yes that is sick but the only reason why little girls get molested is because the pervert couldn't find a little boy !!" I have actually heard someone say this..and it was LAST YEAR !!.

I guess its a safe bet to say that such people are like bedbugs...they will always be around..somewhere someplace....Unfortunately.