Thread: Teen Missing From Underage Drinking Party - Taylor Meyer

TheMysterian Guest

Teen Missing From Underage Drinking Party - Taylor Meyer

endsleigh03 Guest
    Sad. I wonder what happened to her.

what a shame her life only really starting too sad news i feel for her parents

Norfolk, ... va???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest Guest
    Sad and mysterious - pretty lady too!!

STORMIE Guest
    Very sad - she reminded me of Natalie Halloway - weird.

Armcast Guest
    so young...the poor parents...

DexterKitty Guest
    She reminded me of Natalee Holloway too. Very sad story. Young people shouldn't die IMO.

Very sad......these teens don't realize how much danger is around them

Quote Originally Posted by Star84 View Post
    Norfolk, ... va???
    Norfolk, Massachusetts. It made local headlines today. Very sad. Anyone who has ever been young and stupid could have ended up like this. *raises hand*

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    Norfolk, Massachusetts. It made local headlines today. Very sad. Anyone who has ever been young and stupid could have ended up like this. *raises hand*
    Hand goes up, shocked I lived through it

RIPWELLSTONE Guest
    This is such an awful story.. I have teen-agers..(girls) one heading off to school next year and I hope that I have driven into their thick skulls not to engage in binge drinking... I'm not foolish to think that they are going to wait till they are of legal drinking age (21).. I hope they understand the dangers of getting completely wasted..date rape, alcohol poisoning.. choking on vomit.. drunk driving.. etc.. A parents worst nightmare!!!!

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest
    I grew up in CT, and a lot of kids always went drinking in the woods. I can recall many nights doing that, and it was always pitch dark. Easy to drink yourself to death or get lost and have no one find you right away. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Hand goes up, shocked I lived through it
    Me too. By rights, I never should have made it to 21.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AFoolandHisMonkey View Post
    I grew up in CT, and a lot of kids always went drinking in the woods. I can recall many nights doing that, and it was always pitch dark. Easy to drink yourself to death or get lost and have no one find you right away. Sad.
    We always went into the woods too. Things lasted longer if you did that, because partying at someones house inevitably brought the cops faster.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Unpleasant memory jogged by this thread.

Me, 14, with friends on Christmas eve, vodka and root beer (OMG ), crawling back into Mom's, passing out on my back on couch, throwing up again and again, no recollection next day of Mom getting me up to change me.

Ahhh, the silent treatment and sickness on Christmas day...........

I drank a little before the legal age of 21, but I never binge drank. However, I did a lot of other foolish stuff that could have ended my life.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sorry but its stupid that ppl are talking about changing the age for legally drinking to 18.

Ppl compare it to being able to go to the military at 18- uumm.. drinking and going into the military are 2 completely different things. No the legal age should stay 21.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 10-21-2008 at 09:30 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

melmoney Guest
    Any new news? Do they think she was so intoxicated that she wandered off and died? Or did somebody kill her?

rickenbacker Guest
    Damn. Add me to the list of "could've been me". I was drinking pretty hard when I was 15. I lived in the woods, for crying out loud. I knew "roads" that no cops were aware of. Scary.

PJo Guest
    It doesn't look like they will know cause of death until after the autopsy, but this article had a few more details:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...t_three_towns/

I'm guessing that her death will be found to be due to alchohol exposure, aspiration of vomitus, or exposure (due to the 30 degree weather). It doesn't look like foul play at this point.

I do wonder where this girls friends were during all this.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I hate seeing these stories. so sad

Jazbabee Guest
    Just makes me realize and wonder how we all survived youth and stupidity !

Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Ain't it the truth.

Luck, more than anything else, imo

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Luck, more than anything else, imo
    Amen to that !!!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PJo View Post

I do wonder where this girls friends were during all this.
    I hope her GF's wern't with her and then hid the body to stay out of trouble

WendyK Guest
    Hmm...I wonder why her friends * assuming she went with a group of people* didn't notice something wrong, assuming she was intoxicated to the point of poisoning?I have been to parties like this when I was younger and if someone started acting more unusal then normal we sure as hell didn't let them wander off or out of our sight. I feel terrible for her parents.Such a shame.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Star84 View Post
    Sorry but its stupid that ppl are talking about changing the age for legally drinking to 18.

Ppl compare it to being able to go to the military at 18- uumm.. drinking and going into the military are 2 completely different things. No the legal age should stay 21.
    I can't agree on this, If you can risk your life for our country's freedom, You should be able to have a beer legally

PJo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Hmm...I wonder why her friends * assuming she went with a group of people* didn't notice something wrong, assuming she was intoxicated to the point of poisoning?I have been to parties like this when I was younger and if someone started acting more unusal then normal we sure as hell didn't let them wander off or out of our sight. I feel terrible for her parents.Such a shame.

That's what I was thinking too, Wendy. I remember times of being assigned as the "designated drunk watch." We had to make sure they didn't hurt themselves, choke on vomit, or any other awful thing.

Hmm...I guess I too was lucky to have survived those younger years.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    I can't agree on this, If you can risk your life for our country's freedom, You should be able to have a beer legally
    Ahhhhh....the age old conundrum......or should it be that once you have served your country, the 18 year old limit is waived for you ?

sunshine74137 Guest
    Ahhhhh....the age old conundrum......or should it be that once you have served your country, the 18 year old limit is waived for you ?
    That works for me.

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STORMIE View Post
    Very sad - she reminded me of Natalie Halloway - weird.
    this happened in the next state over from me-not too far-, she reminded me of Natalie Halloway when I saw her too

Sad story

tkmama627 Guest
    Hey all...this is hard one. I work with her Mom's cousin. What she knows right now is this...Taylor told her Mom she was staying at a friends house and the friend told her Mom she was staying at Taylor's house (something we have all probably done once or twice), so no one realized until Saturday she was missing. She supposedly left her friends to call another cousin to pick her up. As far as they knew, she was being picked up. It's such a horrible tragedy! She made several calls that night...she was very close to her parents, but never called them. If only....

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    vodka and root beer (OMG
    VODKA and ROOT BEER!!!???

Holy crap, Ends!

You sound just like me at that age!

It truly is a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

I partied a lot in the woods back in the day. Funny thing is that back in the 70's; here anyway; the Sheriff would occasionally "bust" us; and look around; and if all he found was alcohol; he'd just tell us to be careful and go on home.

Once when I was 17 (looked older), I bought a quart bottle of Malt Duck (apple flavor ); and a pack of rolling papers at a store; not realizing that an undercover cop had come in behind me.

I got a few blocks down the road...drinking the Malt Duck while driving and got cut off by an unmarked police car to the front; and another to the back.

The officers placed the quart of booze on the roof of the car and did a search; turning up a package of Top rolling tobacco...nothing more *WHEW*.

They sent me on my way saying, "Don't forget your wine; it's on the roof".

My how times change!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

malaki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tkmama627 View Post
    Hey all...this is hard one. I work with her Mom's cousin. What she knows right now is this...Taylor told her Mom she was staying at a friends house and the friend told her Mom she was staying at Taylor's house (something we have all probably done once or twice), so no one realized until Saturday she was missing. She supposedly left her friends to call another cousin to pick her up. As far as they knew, she was being picked up. It's such a horrible tragedy! She made several calls that night...she was very close to her parents, but never called them. If only....

It's exactly what I was thinking...No one reported her missing till Sat evening!!!!! glad I read your quote before I asked the question....

John Connor Guest
    Pretty girl, abandoned airport, swamp, booze....

https://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...da6ca7575.html I know this is an old thread but I thought it would be a good ideal to find updated information on some.

https://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...e02bbc13e.html