Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: San Ysidro McDonalds Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I wonder what has ever became of Huberty's two daughters? What a legacy they have, a mass murderer for a father and a raving lunatic for a mother. I wonder what kind of people they are and if they let others know about their father?
    Damn, Mam. You know, now, I'm forced to spend hours looking for that info...Lol. It's like an addiction.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Damn, Mam. You know, now, I'm forced to spend hours looking for that info...Lol. It's like an addiction.
    Good luck. If I were them, I would be living in deep, deep cover under an assumed name.

Mammy Guest
    I hope you find something, LLC. I've been looking, but everything I found was from around the time of the shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Good luck. If I were them, I would be living in deep, deep cover under an assumed name.
    I was gonna say that...I would have changed my name...pronto.

I hope you find something, LLC. I've been looking, but everything I found was from around the time of the shootings.
    Challenge accepted.

Mammy Guest
    LOL, I was so hoping you would say that! It's harder to find women since their names usually change after they get married.

LOL, I was so hoping you would say that! It's harder to find women since their names usually change after they get married.
    I have magical powers....meaning I have zero life and can spend hours on useless crap.

In 1994, Etna Huberty was living in a mobile home 20 miles from the site with her 2 grown daughters.

Daughter Zelia was 14 at the time of the shootings, Cassandra 10. They had gone to school with many of their father's victims. After the shootings, they changed schools, enrolling under assumed names.

"Assumed" not legally changed. You're right about the marriage name change hurdle. Here's to hoping they resembled the back of a cow's ass & remained single.

So far...both lookups I use have them both using the same last name & living in CA.

Possible.
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/zelia-huberty/51/780/823
    Last edited by LLC; 11-12-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    I have magical powers....meaning I have zero life and can spend hours on useless crap.

In 1994, Etna Huberty was living in a mobile home 20 miles from the site with her 2 grown daughters.

Daughter Zelia was 14 at the time of the shootings, Cassandra 10. They had gone to school with many of their father's victims. After the shootings, they changed schools, enrolling under assumed names.

"Assumed" not legally changed. You're right about the marriage name change hurdle. Here's to hoping they resembled the back of a cow's ass & remained single.

So far...both lookups I use have them both using the same last name & living in CA.

Possible.
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/zelia-huberty/51/780/823
    Wow, you are rockin' some Ninja-grade searchipoo skills there!

Mammy Guest
    LLC, you're da shit! LOL To be honest, I think Etna sounds like she wasn't wrapped too tight herself. If those girls grew into adulthood with two brain cells between them, they were way ahead of their gene pool. To think I bitch about my family being morbidly obese, bipolar, chain smoking alcoholics. I feel blessed all of the sudden.

I am truly gifted. LMAO.

LLC, you're da shit! LOL To be honest, I think Etna sounds like she wasn't wrapped too tight herself. If those girls grew into adulthood with two brain cells between them, they were way ahead of their gene pool. To think I bitch about my family being morbidly obese, bipolar, chain smoking alcoholics. I feel blessed all of the sudden.
    Lol. Etna was coo coo for cocoa puffs.

I'm 99% sure that LinkedIn link is Zelia's. Keeping her dad's last name? = Bonkers. Zelia & Cassandra are listed in CA currently. I'm on it.

Fyi -We may be related. Your family sounds like a little slice of heaven ...just like mine. Here comes the holidays! Pass the Prozac, some Marlboros & the cheap booze. Hooray!
    Last edited by LLC; 11-12-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Mammy Guest
    It is weird to think she still has the same last name since she is in her forties. I'd be itching to ditch that name if I was her. It's not like Smith where you could blend in.

Not to worry over the family gatherings, most of mine are long gone from cirrhosis, lung cancer, and diabetes. We'll sure make it a party with the rest of them though. Some bourbon balls, a carton of Basics, and a couple of boxes of wine and we're all festive n shit.

That was freakin hilarious!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

It is weird to think she still has the same last name since she is in her forties. I'd be itching to ditch that name if I was her. It's not like Smith where you could blend in.

Not to worry over the family gatherings, most of mine are long gone from cirrhosis, lung cancer, and diabetes. We'll sure make it a party with the rest of them though. Some bourbon balls, a carton of Basics, and a couple of boxes of wine and we're all festive n shit.
    I know...it's making me question my mad ninja grade searchipoo skillz.

Basics & boxes o 'wine? (or as I like to call it: "Cardboardonnay") That shat is right up my alley.

Mammy Guest
    Cardboardonnay! LMAO! You are much too refined to be posting with white trash like me. I'll just grab the last of my Old Milwaukees and slither back under my rock. Lol

Cardboardonnay! LMAO! You are much too refined to be posting with white trash like me. I'll just grab the last of my Old Milwaukees and slither back under my rock. Lol

I am real high society. I even extend my pinky.

To be specific...it is Zelia Ellen & Cassandra Catherine Huberty.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    Dude looks like a maniac!!!
    I agree; shame that he didn't live to be actually punished for this..

Are there any other threads on mass murders at specific fast food restaraunts? Just wondering...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

This whole thing is so awful. But I can sadly
    still remember this as if's almost happened
    yesterday.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

thegimp Guest
    Check out this footage from ABC News in 1984, Some pretty graphic images here including a couple slain outside the doors to McDonalds.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj7...s#.UXOYP1JlBWM

thegimp Guest
    Thank you for posting! I was just short of 13th birthday when this happened. Being in from Los Angeles County, we took our vacations every year in San Diego. Our first day of vacation in 1984 happened to be July 18. We had enjoyed the day at the San Diego Zoo and checked into our motel in Pacific Beach that night. We found out what happened a few miles away in San Ysidro when we turned on the TV when we got in our room (later it would be revealed James Huberty had gone to the SD Zoo with his family that afternoon. Still gives me the creeps I was in the same location as him early that day!)

Since then I have been extremely curious with this tragic incident. I'm not a sicko or nothing. I was just 12 years old and it shook me to my core that something like this could happen. It cast a pall over our whole vactaion as the city of San Diego was in shock and mourning. But since then I have always wondered about all the people involved, those who died and those who survived. Who were they? What were they like? What happened to those who survived? But even with advent of the internet I have found very little about the victims other than their names and ages. Your story helped learn about a few of the victims. In the newspaper the day after, I remember reading about a young woman who used her body to shield her baby and niece from the bullets. I realize that woman is Jackie Lynn Wright who your wrote about. So sad and awful, But she did what a mother should do, try to protect her child, even though the situation was hopeless. I also remember a story of a teenage girl who survived, but sustained wounds in her had trying to protect her little sister who died. Such a sad day that shakes me today still.

While I feel the creeps of having been at the SD Zoo the same time as Huberty, your stories of having your own confrontations with him are even more chilling. Of all that we learned of him since, he was a madman and as far as I am concerned his wife bears some responsibility. She knew he was unstable and never tried to get him institutionalized. She didn't leave him he pointed guns or held a knife to his daughters throats. I remember in the early 90's when Geraldo Rivera had a talk show on TV, he had an episode on mass murders. Huberty's wife and daughter were on. His wife made excuses for him and never held him responsible for what he did. She went even as far as to say the people in the McDonalds had some responsibility because no one tried to stop him. I was stunned. He was armed to the teeth and an expert marksman! How could anyone stop him without a weapon of their own? I was rather offended by her.

Again, thank you for your story. If have anything else to tell about the people involved please share some more.

Thanks for sharing that video, gimp.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I am going to go there at some point and get pictures, my paranormal group may go snoop around, have heard stories it's haunted.

24. 04-23-2013, 10:24 AM

Anyone know if the police report can found online or a diagram of the inside of the McDonalds , not actually where the bodies were but just a diagram of the lay out?

Name:  blythe.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  2.6 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Victor.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	46466Name:  Paulina.png
Views: 861
Size:  20.4 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	omar.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	46468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neva.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	46469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miguel and Aida.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	46470

1st from left Blythe Regan Jones Herrera
    2nd Victor Rivera.
    3rd Paulina Aquino Lopez
    4th Omar Hernandez
    5th Neva Caine
    6th and seventh Miguel Victoria and Aida Victoria.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-26-2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added names

Name:  David Flores Delgado..png
Views: 860
Size:  27.9 KBName:  Elena.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  2.2 KBName:  matao.jpg
Views: 851

Name:	Matao and Blythe.jpg 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	46476

1st from Left David Flores Delgado
    2nd Elena Firro
    3rd Mata Herrera
    Mata and his mom Blythe.
    Fifth Carlos Reyes Jr.
    Sixth Jackie Wright. mother of Carlos was also pregnant at the time of her death
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-26-2013 at 11:19 AM.

28. 04-26-2013, 11:06 AM

This is all I have so far. Neva Caine had only been married a month before her death, She was married June 7 1984 to Andrew Ian Caine.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Name:  blythe.jpg
Views: 828

Name:	Victor.jpg 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	46466Name:  Paulina.png
Views: 861
Size:  20.4 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	omar.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	46468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neva.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	46469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miguel and Aida.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	46470

1st from left Blythe Regan Jones Herrera
    2nd Victor Rivera.
    3rd Paulina Aquino Lopez
    4th Omar Hernandez
    5th Neva Caine
    6th and seventh Miguel Victoria and Aida Victoria.
    OMG, that second pic from the left, Victor Rivera, is the spitting image of hub's bestie Al. Of course it's not him, but WOW.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow Cindy , I have heard everyone has a twin in this world.

It weird.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    Wasn't Omar the eleven year old boy who was shot while on his bicycle and was laying dead on the sidewalk kinda tangled in his bike? I wonder how old he was in that picture, if it's the same boy I'm thinking of? He had a cute little baby face like a four or five year old.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Anyone know if the police report can found online or a diagram of the inside of the McDonalds , not actually where the bodies were but just a diagram of the lay out?
    All I have are still shoots from the inside after the massacre.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Yes Mammy, he was I think he may have been nine or eight in that picture I am not sure. , Omar was 11, David Flores was 11, and another friend of theirs went to the McDonald's because the boys wanted ice cream, I think Josh Coleman was the other kids name , David and Omar were shot and Josh Coleman played dead for an hour before he was saved. He saw his two friends get shot and had to lay there by their bodies until help came. I have done a lot of research on this case as well as many others for a book I am going to be writing.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-30-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    All I have are still shoots from the inside after the massacre.
    Can you pm me those or something, ?

oh and I found out I can go to the police station and get the police report and records every police record and report is open to the public to view for a price of course. I'll go get it at some point.

Autumndaze Guest
    Hi PKstracy. I was at the funeral of Jackie "Lynn" Wright, Claudia Perez, and Paulina Aquino.

Hi Autum, I think you and I have been pming each other? Just very sad that he did that to them, I have a white board with all of the victims names on it and I look over at it once in awhile and it's just staggering, especially the children who would be my mom's age right about now. She was 11 when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by thegimp View Post
    I'm not a sicko or nothing.

You are a death hag, we get it

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    You are a death hag, we get it

someone should turn that into a bumper sticker

thegimp Guest
    Keep us posted on your. I'd love to read it when you are done!

thegimp Guest
    Tried searching myself. Can find anything on Hubertys daughters. I did find his crazy wife died in 2003.

I will Gimp, just finished doing research for San Ysidro, now am doing the Yogurt shop murders, did some of the Brown's chicken and pasta, and going to add in The Hi Fi murders, and the Luby's as well as a few other places. It's going to be in one book. I am going to start writing the first chapter today which will be San Ysidro. I am doing a series of books on things like this.

Gimp as far as I know , one daughter works at a hospital here in El Cajon about thirty mins from where I live. I think it's Scripps. I was thinking of stopping by there and just telling her I am writing a book , and that I am not going to say any mean things about her dad, I want the book to be respectful of the victims and the crime, hardly a mention of the Criminal at all, I want to ask her if she ever thought her dad would do something like that and does she think that if the Mental Health personnel got back in touch with her dad, does she think that would have stopped him from going there that day and doing what he did? Don't worry I am not going to go ask her the woman is trying to live her life.

Mammy Guest
    She sure had two nutters for parents. I hope she and her sister have happy, peaceful lives now. Growing up in their household must have been hell.

thegimp Guest
    pkstracy,

Some 20 years ago or so when Geraldo Rivera had his syndicated talk show (around 1991 if my memory serves me right), he had on Huberty's wife and his oldest daughter. The wife still seemed to make excuses for him, not willing to hod him fully accountable. The daughter on the other hand seemed to still be haunted by him. She seemed to have a terrified look on her face speaking of him. She talked about one time when he walked into their bedroom and held a knife to her sisters neck. There seemed to be no love lost there. But them that was along time ago. She's probably around my age now (I am 41) and a lot of years have gone. I'm sure she has been though a lot of changes.

If it's the same daughter that works by where you live, it can't hurt to try and track her down to get her perspective on the whole thing. The worst that can happen is she says she doesn't want to talk about it and ask you to leave her alone. A best, you get some valuable insight for your book.

I think it's pretty cool your writing these books. Best of luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!

I will Gimp, I was hoping to have contact back from one person that said there was footage on the net showing Jackie Wright's funeral and that they had contact information from some of the survivors. Working on the first chapter still, i work for a bit trying to figure out how I want to start it what I want to say how I want to do it. Lot of work and research.

Autumndaze Guest
    Hi everyone. Here is the web address to the funeral segment of Jackie Lynn Wright-Dominguez. Friends of Lynn, and her fiancé remove her casket from the hearse. Lynne's casket is being placed in the church. If you look to the right, you can see James Huberty's wife Etna wearing sunglasses and wearing a dark colored suit. She sat in the front row. The man in the purple short sleeve polo type shirt is Carlos Reyes, Sr, Lynn's fiancé, and her son's father. Carlos, Jr. is in the casket with his mother, Lynn. Carlos, Sr. is reading the Lord's Prayer, and he started crying as he read lyrics from the song, "Ava Maria." The casket near Lynn's is, Claudia Perez, age 9; also in the church was the casket of, Paulina Aquino Lopez. web address is: wwwnbcuniversalarchieves.com/nbcuni/clip/51

Autumndaze Guest
    Sorry...I meant, if you look to the LEFT, you can see Mrs. Huberty....Sorry.

Thanks for the link Autumn, Will check it out soon. Just started writing the first chapter it is taking a bit as I am trying to get it all sorted. Just tried it and it didn't come up just came up as a search thing. Maybe they took it down.

Autumndaze Guest
    There is a new documentary being made called, "The Day The Sun Cried" directed by, Jordan Jacobo about the massacre. The trailer is on youtube.