Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: San Ysidro McDonalds Massacre

Mammy Guest
    Me too, Shejay! I often wonder about people that we see in the news and what happened to them afterwards. This thread got me in the mood to read about Huberty and also George Hennard who killed so many people in Luby's cafeteria in Texas in 1991. I did a little searchipoo around the internet for the past couple of hours just cause I'm nosy. Huberty's damn wife sounded crazier than him for trying to blame the shooting on him eating too many chicken nuggets at McDonalds and the welding fumes he breathed for years when he worked as a welder. Now, I wouldn't eat a chicken nugget if I was starving to death, but I have worked around welding fumes for nineteen years. If I snap and take some folks out, it's those damned welding fumes and I am just setting up my defense well beforehand!

I know one of the employees, then 18, went on to become a police officer in the same area. He was hiding in a closet with other people, that POS opened the door and shot all of them after hearing one of the women crying. He was the only one to survive.

Did you know the crazy man was a former embalmer?
    http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x13576...n-Canton?img=2
    Last edited by LLC; 11-11-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Interesting article from '94 with some updates from that time... I'll look into more current updates...
    http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...7&slug=1920774

So why was his corpse handcuffed?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

One of the first paramedics to arrive ate the scene shot a cop and committed suicide during a standoff 2 days prior to the 15th anniversary f the massacre:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=YaL...Cassel&f=false
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    One of the first paramedics to arrive ate the scene shot a cop and committed suicide during a standoff 2 days prior to the 15th anniversary f the massacre:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=YaL...Cassel&f=false
    Hmmm both his and Huberty's most recent occupation before their shootouts was security guard.

As soon as I looked at the NBC clip, I instantly thought of lyrics from a song that was popular at the time..."Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang-bang, I am the warrior." I think "Life" or another magazine mentioned that in an article about the shooting.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Rosebud666 Guest
    I may have already mentioned this, so forgive me if I am repeating myself.

Huberty graduated from my old high school back in NE Ohio. Class of 1957.

I was in high school at the time, and we looked him up in one of the old yearbooks in the library.

There was an article in the local newspaper at the time "Mc Donalds Killer had local connection" or something equally inspired.

I didn't know him, never heard of him until that day.

It seems like a kinder providence would have ensured that he got a little too close to a bandsaw in shop class or something.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 11-11-2011 at 09:29 PM.

So why was his corpse handcuffed?
    I would love to know the actual reasoning behind it too.

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Maybe I read to many conspiracy sites but handcuffs on a corpse shot in the back of the head of a supposed perp makes me question official versions of events.

Maybe he was cuffed because it was procedure? Just guessing and I think it was overkill (no pun intended) but the police had weird policies anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Wait I am confused.. I have found a few articles that stated he was wearing a black shirt.

â??Huberty, clad in jungle fatigues and a black T-shirt, burst into the border-town restaurant with a semi-automatic rifle, a shotgun and a handgun and began methodically firing at diners, employees and passersby, pausing to reload each time his weapons were emptied,â? said the AP in its initial report. " http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x13576...n-Canton?img=2

The pictures have him in a red shirt....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

one of those news clips said a woman had to see Huberty was dead, she wouldn't be at ease until she saw his dead body. Maybe they cuffed him to put minds at ease further? who knows.

Maybe I read to many conspiracy sites but handcuffs on a corpse shot in the back of the head of a supposed perp makes me question official versions of events.
    I wonder too...

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Wait I am confused.. I have found a few articles that stated he was wearing a black shirt.

“Huberty, clad in jungle fatigues and a black T-shirt, burst into the border-town restaurant with a semi-automatic rifle, a shotgun and a handgun and began methodically firing at diners, employees and passersby, pausing to reload each time his weapons were emptied,” said the AP in its initial report. " http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x13576...n-Canton?img=2

I noticed this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    one of those news clips said a woman had to see Huberty was dead, she wouldn't be at ease until she saw his dead body. Maybe they cuffed him to put minds at ease further? who knows.
    Ahhh....that would make sense but I'm surprised they would let anyone back into to see him.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post

“Huberty, clad in jungle fatigues and a black T-shirt, burst into the border-town restaurant with a semi-automatic rifle, a shotgun and a handgun and began methodically firing at diners, employees and passersby, pausing to reload each time his weapons were emptied,” said the AP in its initial report. " http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x13576...n-Canton?img=2

Well it is the Canton Repository . . . maybe the just got it wrong? Or they were relying on initial wire reports that were wrong? They were covering it as the perps hometown newspaper, so it's not as if they would have a correspondent of their own there at the scene.

There is a quote in there from the guy who was the Waynedale High School principle when he was there. That's a really weird feeling. It sounds like he could have just as easily gone off before he left for California. All anybody around my school remembered about him was just what the principle said - he was never in any trouble.

You somehow always imagine these people coming from somewhere far away, at least you did back then. That was what thoroughly unsettled me at the time.

I remember telling my grandmother a few years before that that I could never work for newspaper around my hometown because nothing ever happens there (or at least it didn't used to). She said she liked it boring. Grandma was right - sometimes boring isn't bad at all.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 11-14-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Mammy Guest
    It amazed me when I read that Huberty was only forty one. It must have been a rough forty one years because he looked way older than that to me. It must have been all those damned chicken nuggets and welding fumes that made him look so old! My hubby is forty one and he looks nothing like Huberty did.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    It amazed me when I read that Huberty was only forty one. It must have been a rough forty one years because he looked way older than that to me. It must have been all those damned chicken nuggets and welding fumes that made him look so old! My hubby is forty one and he looks nothing like Huberty did.
    I guess it's a sad comment on the state of humanity that this was really something back then.

It was like "OH MY GOD, that guy was from here? People like us don't do things like that!"

Today it would probably get a shoulder shrug and be between the story about the ten year old who shot his mother dead with a .22 and the one about the guy who murdered both his parents with a shotgun or the Amish guy who murdered his wife.

I ask myself if these things just went unreported back when say my dad was a kid, or if it's really gotten so much worse.

Before 1984, the worst crime that had anything to do with the area where I grew up was when the county sherrif's boy disappeared and was never seen again. That was back during prohibition - and was such big news that people were still talking about it in the 1970s.

Mammy Guest
    Rosebud, I have also wondered whether crime is so much worse or if we just didn't hear about it as much and it was easier for people to get away with crimes back then. I think when you consider that cold case investigators are solving crimes with DNA that is thirty or more years old, there were always really bad people and we just didn't know about them.

crimson and clover Guest
    I worked at a McDonald's in northern California when it happened. I went into to work the next day and said "Wow, its dead in here today"........was not appreciated

Mammy Guest
    LOL, I like dark and morbid humor, but it may have been a tad too soon!

Ahhh....that would make sense but I'm surprised they would let anyone back into to see him.
    she was insistent and freaking out, I believe he let her see through the window.

So when they led survivors out of the freezer they told them to look at the left wall only. Yeah I would have peeked..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hell, yeah, I'd of handcuffed him too! Sumbitch isn't coming back to life on my watch and getting away. I may have tripped as I was getting close to him and my gun probably would have gone off accidentally into his head, but better safe than sorry. Seriously tho, no doubt the adrenalin was running so high for everyone, they probably weren't 100% sure he was dead or just out at that moment in time.

I'm amazed how reading thru this after all this time still is so upsetting; sumbitch.

Mammy Guest
    Maybe he was still twitching and some of the survivors who were shot were hysterical thinking he was still alive?

DarkFlax Guest
    Reminds me of the song Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People.

I would love to agree with you as far as there were opportunities to prevent this, but I can't. No one saw this coming, especially back then, it just didn't happen. Sure, Huberty was ignored when he asked for help, and more than likely today he might have had a better chance of receiving it, but no one could have predicted this horrible event. Sadly, it's very likely it will happen again. No one can stop anyone from doing something like this if they have their mind set on carnage, and they're not afraid to die. We learned that on Sept 11, 2001.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    Wikipedia article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Oliver_Huberty

According to the article, the McDonalds was razed and the land was donated to the city. A memorial and community center are now at the site.

Its sad, it seems that there were opportunities that could have prevented this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Maybe he was still twitching and some of the survivors who were shot were hysterical thinking he was still alive?
    I never even thought about that. Great point. Reminds me of The Rock where the air conditioner falls on the guy and Cage is freaking out because he is twitching. He asks Connery to make it stop and he replies "What do you want me to do? Kill him again?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Autumndaze Guest
    Hi everyone.
    I just joined your group, and would like to give you all more information about this photo of Jackie and her son, Carlos, as well as why they handcuffed James Humberty after he was shot and killed by the police.
    I was at the funeral when this photo of Jackie and her son Carlos was taken. Her name was, Jackie Lynn Wright-Dominguez, also pregant when she was killed. There were five caskets in that auditorium on that hot, humid afternoon. I will never forget how Omar's mother burst out crying saying, "Oh God my boy, my boy...". Omar was the little boy lying dead beside his bicycle that became the photo every newspaper around the world published. Some have wondered why Lynn (Jackie was called Lynn by her family and friends.) was wearing a man's suit in her casket. She, her neice, and several friends had gone shopping at K-Mart, and she found the suit for her boyfriend Carlos, Sr. They were to be married soon, and the suit was to be a gift for him. On the way home, they all decided to stop at McDonald's, and as they walked up to the counter, Lynn ordered only a fish sandwhich to take home to eat later. That's when the front window shattered, and James Huberty walked from behind the cooking area, and started telling people to get down, and then he started shooting. Lynne pushed Baby Carlos on the floor, and placed herself on top of him. James Huberty screamed at Lynn to shut that baby up. He then shot Lynn (Her autopsy report stated that she had been shot 48 times.) He came and stood over Baby Carlos, and then shot him in the stomach, arms, and back. Huberty then kicked Baby Carlos making sure he was dead. Since Lynn was excited about buying Carlos, Sr. the suit, her family decided to bury her in it. The suit had been bought 30/45 minutes earlier. You know, I still have bad dreams from that awful day walking down to the McDonald's and seeing the police, fire, and medic services. It was awful. I still have dreams of seeing the bullet holes in the windows, people running, screaming, crying, and the unreal it all seemed. My partner Jon and I lived in the Averil Villa Apartment Complex where the Huberty's lived. I still think of what I told the FBI and police what Jon and I had witnessed with the actions and behavior of the Huberty's. Everytime he would see of of us, he was refer us to "Fags", "Queers", and "Lower than Mexican's (He used racial comments, and blacks" (he used racial comments.) Huberty was a very rude and angry man. I told the FBI how he saw Jon coming up the sidewalk and he yelled, "There is only one way to get rid of a fag, and that is with a sawed-off shot gun!". We always overlooked the man. You know, Huberty was not a strong, muscular man at all, he was tall, skinny, and always made threats, but when one of the neighbors challenged him to come in the street, he would stand on his property and say he will go get his gun. He was a foul-mouthed, big talker, but would not go off his property and confront someone. His wife would come outside and have him go back inside. She was not the type to argue, fight, and threaten her neighbors. His daughters would stand on their property and call us names, saying how their daddy will come get us with his guns. Not sure if you all know this or not, but Mrs. Huberty was at this service. She sat in the back, crying, and left as soon as it was over. Lynn's grave marker was bought and dedicated to her by the employees of Blue Shield.
    While at the service, you did hear a lot of people talking about what actually took place in McDonald's. Many of the survivors were at the service, and stated that while Huberty was shooting people, he was screaming, "I will get you all, even in death I will come back and get you!" I truly belive that's why he was handcuffed, because people were begging, and pleading with the police to get him, and make sure he was dead, because he was saying he would come back. One of the police officers who was at the service said huberty's feet was tied with that plastic-nylon cord, and he was placed in a black body bag.
    I did go back later that night, but the scene was blocked by many police. They had put up huge yellow blankets on the windows of the restaurant so no one could see inside. I was told the Osha/hazmat team were cleaning the crime scene.
    Later, they did have those trucks that clean the street spray an ammonia smelling liquid all over the whole street area of McDonald's, and the side roads beside it.

Autumndaze Guest
    Hi everyone.
    I'm new to your board, and would like to give you some information about the photo of Jackie, Baby Carlos, and why Huberty was hancuffed after he lay dead.
    I was the service where this photo of Lynn and Baby Carlos was taken. Jackie was known by family and friend's and Lynn, and she was not married to Carlos, Sr. She was four months pregnant at the time she was killed. There were five caskets in that auditorium on that hot, humid afternoon.
    The reason Huberty was handcuffed was, when he started shooting, he yelled, "I will get every one of you! Even after I'm dead, I will come for you!". Many of the survivors were pleading and begging the police to make sure he was in fact dead. They also put the plastic-nylon cord around his feet, and placed him in a black body bag.

thanks for that info Autumndaze, I figured that was why he was handcuffed... peace of mind.

Autumndaze Guest
    Hi everyone. I didn't mean to post twice. As I was finishing up the long explination of the photos, I was asked to log in, and when I did, I got kicked out of the system, so I wrote a much shorter one in case the first didn't go through...Sorry.

Mammy Guest
    It happens to most of us from one time to another, so no biggie. Welcome to the forum!

MinLynn Guest
    Bumping and old thread but I recently started reading about this and of course came here for more info. Anyway, I was shocked to read that he was from Massillon, OH and only left here 9 months prior to the shooting. That got me thinking that there seems to be a lot of oddballs that come from Ohio! So strange.

When I first moved here from the Chicago area 11 years ago, I remarked to my now husband that Ohio truly is a surreal place and like it's own separate country. Nearly everyone I met either was or had been at some point a criminal (including my husband) and even I ended up with a criminal record years later despite never even having received a speeding ticket in my life! What is it about damn Ohio!?

Back on topic though, I've used this case as a way to kindda scare my 12 year old who believes nothing will ever happen to him and that he can just go off as he pleases without informing us. Call me a bitch and a bad mother but, showing him pics of the kid lying dead next to his bike at a McDonalds taught him that he really isn't so safe anywhere he goes and that he really needs to stick close to home and FOR SURE inform us of when he's heading off somewhere. There's crazy bastards everywhere you go.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MinLynn View Post
    Bumping and old thread but I recently started reading about this and of course came here for more info. Anyway, I was shocked to read that he was from Massillon, OH and only left here 9 months prior to the shooting. That got me thinking that there seems to be a lot of oddballs that come from Ohio! So strange.

When I first moved here from the Chicago area 11 years ago, I remarked to my now husband that Ohio truly is a surreal place and like it's own separate country. Nearly everyone I met either was or had been at some point a criminal (including my husband) and even I ended up with a criminal record years later despite never even having received a speeding ticket in my life! What is it about damn Ohio!?

Back on topic though, I've used this case as a way to kindda scare my 12 year old who believes nothing will ever happen to him and that he can just go off as he pleases without informing us. Call me a bitch and a bad mother but, showing him pics of the kid lying dead next to his bike at a McDonalds taught him that he really isn't so safe anywhere he goes and that he really needs to stick close to home and FOR SURE inform us of when he's heading off somewhere. There's crazy bastards everywhere you go.
    Actually, he grew up in Wayne County and went to my old high school, see post #116 above. So I think it's hardly Massilon's fault.

Look at it this way - Ohio is also the mother of astronauts, aviation, captains of industry, inventors, and presidents. I'd say in terms of statistical distribution, we're doing pretty well.

MinLynn Guest
    Oh I know that there's been some great people to come out of Ohio too. But you gotta admit.......Ohio is just a strange state! Maybe it's because I'm a transplant here that never really wanted to stay but peed on a stick with a plus sign and there you go! LOL! I went from living 20 minutes from downtown Chicago to living in small-town Louisville,OH. It was culture shock from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    I seem to remember a woman who lost both of her parents giving an interivew on a talk show. She had left her gun in her glove compartment of her car, because it was illegal to bring it in to the restaurant. She said something like, "If I had broken the law like this guy did, my parents would still be alive." Really sad. I don't know if I am remembering it right.
    Yes, Suzanna Hupp from the Luby's massacre in Killeen, Texas in '91.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Oh I know that there's been some great people to come out of Ohio too. But you gotta admit.......Ohio is just a strange state! Maybe it's because I'm a transplant here that never really wanted to stay but peed on a stick with a plus sign and there you go! LOL! I went from living 20 minutes from downtown Chicago to living in small-town Louisville,OH. It was culture shock from the beginning.
    You know, I gave it some more thought, and you may be right about there being something in the water.

That particular stretch of eastern Wayne County / western Stark County (or maybe that four-county corner of Wayne, Stark, Tuscarawas, and Holmes counties) does have a remarkable history of murder and mayhem stretching from the early 1800s down to the present day.

Have you been to Rogue's Hollow yet? It's near Doylestown and supposedly haunted. Lot's of travelers got waylaid there back in the early days of the state. William Quantrill, the bloodthirsty Confederate guerrilla/war criminal, was from Dover and is buried there (or at least part of him his ). Then there was the Prohibition-era kidnapping of the Orville sheriff's little boy (which has never been solved), the doctor who murdered his wife in divorce court in Wooster, and Huberty (who at least didn't go off in our own backyard). More recently, there's also the cop who murdered his pregnant girlfriend, the Amish guy who conspired with his lover to murder his wife, the dude who blew away his aged mother and father with a shotgun, and the 12-year-old who shot his mother dead with a 22. rifle. I'm sure that list is by no means complete.

Maybe Scott should start offering Dearly Departed (R) Amish Country tours. I know where he could get a horse and buggy cheap, and he'd look pretty spiffy in a straw hat.

I'm with you, Min. I'm a transplant too (Cleveland), and this is a very strange state. I can't put a finger on what it is. You know Dahmer was from here too?

Rosebud666 Guest
    Dahmer was born in Wisconsin and lived there until he was eight. Not Ohio's fault. ?

This Mark Dean Schwab guy also grew up in Tuscarawas County. But he went off in Florida.

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...rk+Dean+Schwab

I think of the same thing about Colorado. Movie theater shootings, Jessica Ridgeway, the Wisconsin shooting whose killer had ties to Colorado..just this year alone. I have family out there who I visit often and MAN..the number of people I see smoke pot out in the open out there such as the two Safeway employees I saw a few months ago sharing a joint..then they went back to work. My family says drunk driving is a huge problem there so much so that some folks think having a DUI is something to brag about. 15 and 16 year olds acting like "adults" by sporting real tattoos and smoking cigars. Wanna see zombies? No shortage of adults acting like them in downtown Denver. Wanna snort some coke at McDonalds? The Denver police could care less..hell they may want some too.

Like Ohio, yes good things have came out of Colorado as well but also like Ohio..Colorado can be a strange place in its own right.
    Last edited by choff; 11-01-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumndaze View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I just joined your group, and would like to give you all more information about this photo of Jackie and her son, Carlos, as well as why they handcuffed James Humberty after he was shot and killed by the police.
    I was at the funeral when this photo of Jackie and her son Carlos was taken. Her name was, Jackie Lynn Wright-Dominguez, also pregant when she was killed. There were five caskets in that auditorium on that hot, humid afternoon. I will never forget how Omar's mother burst out crying saying, "Oh God my boy, my boy...". Omar was the little boy lying dead beside his bicycle that became the photo every newspaper around the world published. Some have wondered why Lynn (Jackie was called Lynn by her family and friends.) was wearing a man's suit in her casket. She, her neice, and several friends had gone shopping at K-Mart, and she found the suit for her boyfriend Carlos, Sr. They were to be married soon, and the suit was to be a gift for him. On the way home, they all decided to stop at McDonald's, and as they walked up to the counter, Lynn ordered only a fish sandwhich to take home to eat later. That's when the front window shattered, and James Huberty walked from behind the cooking area, and started telling people to get down, and then he started shooting. Lynne pushed Baby Carlos on the floor, and placed herself on top of him. James Huberty screamed at Lynn to shut that baby up. He then shot Lynn (Her autopsy report stated that she had been shot 48 times.) He came and stood over Baby Carlos, and then shot him in the stomach, arms, and back. Huberty then kicked Baby Carlos making sure he was dead. Since Lynn was excited about buying Carlos, Sr. the suit, her family decided to bury her in it. The suit had been bought 30/45 minutes earlier. You know, I still have bad dreams from that awful day walking down to the McDonald's and seeing the police, fire, and medic services. It was awful. I still have dreams of seeing the bullet holes in the windows, people running, screaming, crying, and the unreal it all seemed. My partner Jon and I lived in the Averil Villa Apartment Complex where the Huberty's lived. I still think of what I told the FBI and police what Jon and I had witnessed with the actions and behavior of the Huberty's. Everytime he would see of of us, he was refer us to "Fags", "Queers", and "Lower than Mexican's (He used racial comments, and blacks" (he used racial comments.) Huberty was a very rude and angry man. I told the FBI how he saw Jon coming up the sidewalk and he yelled, "There is only one way to get rid of a fag, and that is with a sawed-off shot gun!". We always overlooked the man. You know, Huberty was not a strong, muscular man at all, he was tall, skinny, and always made threats, but when one of the neighbors challenged him to come in the street, he would stand on his property and say he will go get his gun. He was a foul-mouthed, big talker, but would not go off his property and confront someone. His wife would come outside and have him go back inside. She was not the type to argue, fight, and threaten her neighbors. His daughters would stand on their property and call us names, saying how their daddy will come get us with his guns. Not sure if you all know this or not, but Mrs. Huberty was at this service. She sat in the back, crying, and left as soon as it was over. Lynn's grave marker was bought and dedicated to her by the employees of Blue Shield.
    While at the service, you did hear a lot of people talking about what actually took place in McDonald's. Many of the survivors were at the service, and stated that while Huberty was shooting people, he was screaming, "I will get you all, even in death I will come back and get you!" I truly belive that's why he was handcuffed, because people were begging, and pleading with the police to get him, and make sure he was dead, because he was saying he would come back. One of the police officers who was at the service said huberty's feet was tied with that plastic-nylon cord, and he was placed in a black body bag.
    I did go back later that night, but the scene was blocked by many police. They had put up huge yellow blankets on the windows of the restaurant so no one could see inside. I was told the Osha/hazmat team were cleaning the crime scene.
    Later, they did have those trucks that clean the street spray an ammonia smelling liquid all over the whole street area of McDonald's, and the side roads beside it.
    AutumnDaze, I don't know if you still come to this site, but if you do we welcome you with open arms! After reading your account of this unspeakable incident and it's aftermath, it gave me chills, it really did! But it also gives all of us a better insight to the horrifying ordeal these people went through, and the grief that comes with it. It's very brave of you to share this with us, and I thank you.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Ok, I just did a "searchipoo" on the web (that is a Mammy-ism, stole it from her, as we do...) and sure enough, Etna Huberty died back on 03'. Now, obviously we all know this woman was dumber than day-old dogshit, BUT... what I didn't know is that she was ARRESTED for pulling a gun on neighbors back in 1981, I guess that would have put her back in Ohio. I am not the most computer literate person, I tried to post the link here, but couldn't do it. The article is from the Lakeland Ledger dated July 21st, 1984. It looks like a microfilm of an old newspaper, so I wasn't able to cut and paste it either.

Apparently a 9 year old boy got into a quarrel with the Huberty's then 7 year old girl in the girls back yard. Mrs Huberty was seen by a neighbor pointing a gun at the 9 year old from an upstairs window, and the neighbor told her not to point a gun at the child. Mrs Huberty then stormed out of the house, gun in hand and went over to the neighbor and threatened her. 3 other neighbors got involved, all being threatened by Etna Huberty. Police were called, the gun was confiscated, charges were filed, and Mrs Huberty eventually pleaded to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct, and paid a $200 fine. And the police returned the pistol. The same pistol that was used in the McDonalds massacre several years later.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    Ok, I just did a "searchipoo" on the web (that is a Mammy-ism, stole it from her, as we do...) and sure enough, Etna Huberty died back on 03'. Now, obviously we all know this woman was dumber than day-old dogshit, BUT... what I didn't know is that she was ARRESTED for pulling a gun on neighbors back in 1981, I guess that would have put her back in Ohio. I am not the most computer literate person, I tried to post the link here, but couldn't do it. The article is from the Lakeland Ledger dated July 21st, 1984. It looks like a microfilm of an old newspaper, so I wasn't able to cut and paste it either.

Apparently a 9 year old boy got into a quarrel with the Huberty's then 7 year old girl in the girls back yard. Mrs Huberty was seen by a neighbor pointing a gun at the 9 year old from an upstairs window, and the neighbor told her not to point a gun at the child. Mrs Huberty then stormed out of the house, gun in hand and went over to the neighbor and threatened her. 3 other neighbors got involved, all being threatened by Etna Huberty. Police were called, the gun was confiscated, charges were filed, and Mrs Huberty eventually pleaded to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct, and paid a $200 fine. And the police returned the pistol. The same pistol that was used in the McDonalds massacre several years later.
    That would be this article:
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6936,1514338

The report originally appeared in the Akron Beacon Journal and they were living in Massillon, Ohio at the time of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Dahmer was born in Wisconsin and lived there until he was eight. Not Ohio's fault. ?

This Mark Dean Schwab guy also grew up in Tuscarawas County. But he went off in Florida.

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...rk+Dean+Schwab
    Dahmer killed his first victim, a hitchhiker, while living in Bath, Ohio.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    Dahmer killed his first victim, a hitchhiker, while living in Bath, Ohio.
    Yeah, but most developmental psychologists say that a child's core personality is fully formed by age 5-6. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Yeah, but most developmental psychologists say that a child's core personality is fully formed by age 5-6. Just sayin'.
    Eh, I don't know if I believe that, just because I believe most mental issues are more the result of chemical imbalances than environmental. And I still swear there is some chemical in this state that makes people really crazy If you met most of my husband's family, you'd see why I believe this lol.

RebelRocker Guest
    even though i was about to turn 4 when this incident happened, it breaks my heart that people can be so damn evil.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    even though i was about to turn 4 when this incident happened, it breaks my heart that people can be so damn evil.
    I very much agree Rebel Rocker; this incident has not stopped me from going to McDonald's but first hearing about it did make me a bit more cautious when going out anywhere.

Mammy Guest
    I wonder what has ever became of Huberty's two daughters? What a legacy they have, a mass murderer for a father and a raving lunatic for a mother. I wonder what kind of people they are and if they let others know about their father?