Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Jones

MoonRabbit Guest
    Drugs can change a person's appearance.

One famous drug abuser is this woman.

http://www.serenitylane.org/druginfo...html#methstory

Old Soul Guest
    I am not trying to start flaming or anything, but its the Brian Jones topic not Kieth Richards we should get on topic again.

letty1970 Guest
    i saw the movie stoned and it was a good movie. It is going along the murder route. The only sad thing about the film is there isnt enough stones music. He was a complete bastards to his girlfriends but a totall genius. I definatley think he was murdered.
    I have just reread this post .... and its shit....but im tired... night night/

His sister died of leukemia at a young age, when he asked his mother what happend she told him "she has been very naughty and if you behave the same you'll die as well". Who needs enemies with a mom like that!

I have read the post mortem report but can't find it anymore
    Here's a link to crimewatch featuring frank thorogood;
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8qaKtAu8HA

laynesgrl Guest
    It is the 40 year anniversary of Brian Jones' death.
    I don't know if anyone has read this or not, but I'm gonna post this very informative link:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...nes/index.html

Long Gone Day Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    His sister died of leukemia at a young age, when he asked his mother what happend she told him "she has been very naughty and if you behave the same you'll die as well". Who needs enemies with a mom like that!
    So true and so sad. What an awful thing to say. She sounds like a shrew.

It sometimes takes a lot of drugs to ease some memories. And you can stop the drugs, but you have to work a lot harder to deal with the memories.

laynesgrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone Day View Post
    So true and so sad. What an awful thing to say. She sounds like a shrew.

It sometimes takes a lot of drugs to ease some memories. And you can stop the drugs, but you have to work a lot harder to deal with the memories.

That is the truth!!!

9. 07-02-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    l will always, always believe that Brian Jones was murdered. Autopsy showed he only had about one pint of beer in his system when he died, so he wasn't drunk and passed out. And the construction worker at his house apparently confessed on his death bed, but died before they could do anything official about it. l think more inquest should have been made into this. Anyone else?
    I read about Brian Jones on crimelibrary.com several years ago and came away with the conclusion that he most def was murdered.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

STsFirstmate Guest
    It pretty much was Brian's band. They had just fired him right before his death and had been meeting with both PR people and their record label to decide how to spin his exit and introduce Mick Taylor.
    They were and are the best and tightest rythmn section in rock and roll.
    I saw them during their first US tour just as I saw the Beatles in their first US tour. The difference was with the Beatles (and I love the Beatles) people screamed so loud you couldn't hear a single note and the opening act was Circle who to the best of my knowledge had one hit ever "Red Rubber Ball"....the Stones got a rousing reception but you could hear them and at least enjoy the music which was exceptional and the opening act was Jay and the Americans.
    I thought the Stones were fantastic.
    Brian Jones was replaced shortly after that tour as being difficult and unreliable and insisting on sticking tomore pure blues roots than the more popular direction Mick and the boys wanted to go.
    I had not heard that it was rumored to be murder but I am not surprised. It is always all about the money.
    Regards,
    Mary

Bibs Guest
    Anyone want to volunteer to post some great Brian Jones pictures? I have some but I'm feeling quite lazy... perhaps later.

13. 07-04-2009, 01:32 PM

Bibs Guest
    I always liked that picture of him with Hendrix.
    Beautiful.

Bibs Guest
    Aye... here are my photos. They're my favorites of the man.

16. 07-04-2009, 02:50 PM

I, too, believe that Jones was murdered.

I had a helluva lot of cleaning up to do today (bedrooms, dishes, kitchen floor...you name it) so I cracked a beer and started to tidy up.

I don't know why, but on a relaxing beer break, inhaling a ciggie, the song "We Love You" popped into my head.

I googled it and found a video. Keef looks straight and sober! Can you believe it? Brian Jones, on the other hand, looks wasted beyond belief. You don't have to watch much of the video to see the state he is in...I am guessing he was on heroin? Thoughts?

The video

I was quite young when the Beatles/Stones emerged, about eight or nine, but even as a kid, I had good taste and I used to nag my father to buy me the newest albums...(I'm old. I had to listen to vinyl).

My dad, rest his soul, would buy me any music I wanted as long as I did well in school.

Brian may have been an idiot towards women, but Anita and Keith hooking up killed Brian. Mick and Keith didnt go to the funeral and they played heavy mind games with Brian to isolate him from the BAND he created. I HATE Mick and Keith for treating Brian so vicious.

And the stones girlz....euro trash!
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

Grungegirl83 Guest
    I've never heard anything about Brian using heroin, I think he prefered alcohol, pills, and maybe coke? I've done a TON of research on him, but I could have missed anything regarding heroin.

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18122008064.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	15192

Name:	18122008063.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	15193

Name:	18122008062.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	15194

here are some pictures of me at a Bar Called Plunketts in York
    they have an upstairs area called "Beggers Banquet" and the wall was signed many years ago by all the stones including Brian,
    a picture on the wall shows the boys in a famous pose, but ont he other side you can see the signatures. sorry the pics are so dark, but i thought you may be interested.
    it was Christmas as you can see from the Decor!
    Last edited by Harry's Cat; 07-22-2009 at 04:44 AM.

Northern Lights Guest
    Sussex Police to look into Brian Jones death again

12:10pm Sunday 30th August 2009
    By Naomi Loomes

The death of Rolling Stone Brian Jones is being reinvestigated by police - 40 years after his body was found in a swimming pool.

New evidence has been unearthed which may back up the theory that Jones, a founder member of the Stones in 1962, was murdered by his builder at his luxury Sussex mansion.

Now detectives are to trawl through documents handed over by an investigative journalist in case they highlight evidence which could prove the musician was killed.

For the past four decades it has been believed that Jones drowned, aged 27, after a party in Cotchford Farm, Hartfield, on July 2 1969 after a drink and drug binge.

An inquest recorded a verdict of death by misadventure even though a postmortem showed there were no illegal drugs in the star's body and only the equivalent amount of alcohol as three and a half pints of beer.

Journalist Scott Jones, who is not related to the musician, has spent four years conducting his own investigation into the death.

He has now met with senior Sussex Police officers and handed over 600 documents including a testimony from a witness at the house on the night Jones died.

The detectives will also study previously unseen files released by the Public Records Office.

It marks a U-turn by the police force which until now has rejected requests to reopen the case and insisted Jones had simply drowned, despite his girlfriend insisting he was a proficient swimmer.

Last November nurse Janet Lawson, who found Jones's body, said she saw the musicianâ??s builder, Frank Thorogood, jump into the pool with Jones and say she was convinced he had killed him.

Her claims are supported by PC Albert Evans, the first officer on the scene, who spoke to all the revellers at the party and drew the conclusion Jones died as a result of a fight with Thorogood.

The belief that Jones was murdered by Thorogood was the theme of the 2005 film Stoned.

Jones initially employed Thorogood as a builder at the luxury farmhouse which was previously the home of Winnie The Pooh author A.A Milne.
    But Jones became increasingly angry with how long it was taking him to finish work and believed he was trying to take advantage of his celebrity lifestyle.

It is believed he invited Thorogood to the party on the night of his death to clear the air.

At the time Sussex Police did not treat the death as murder and Thorogood died in 1994.

But new evidence shows that during the original investigation three witnesses were allowed to leave without being interviewed.

Police files also reveal that Joan Fitzsimons, a former girlfriend of Thorogood, was attacked and left for dead three weeks after Jones died.

According to official records the attack happened after she announced she was going to speak to the media about what happened that night. She never did speak to the press and died in 2002.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/45724...s_death_again/

John Connor Guest
    I always assumed that the guy killed him.

ZoeAnne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    I always assumed that the guy killed him.

Same here

STsFirstmate Guest
    Update just posted on CNN formalizing the reinvestigation of Brian's death. He went too soon but maybe he can get some justice finally.
    Curious how the other remaining original stones feel about the possibility he was murdered?
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ath/index.html
    Regards,
    Mary

ShockDoc Guest
    All this re-examining Brian's case is old news. It's common knowledge (and was publicized) that his contractor drowned him because he hadnt been paid. As for Keith, he's starting to resemble the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz! lol.

Murder. In fact, crimelibrary.com has him listed in their murder profiles..
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Long Gone Day Guest
    I'm glad they are reopening the case. Maybe now, how many gazillion years later, he will get justice.

Noreen Guest
    I'm glad too! It's awful his bandmates never seemed to care, or cared but didn't do
    anything about it...

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post
    I'm glad too! It's awful his bandmates never seemed to care, or cared but didn't do
    anything about it...
    Apparently he was not an easy guy to get along with and he had burned his bridges with them.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Apparently he was not an easy guy to get along with and he had burned his bridges with them.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Yep. They took a lot of hell ad nausium from Brian, got to the point where they were just disgusted, and when that happens it's hard to have compassion for someone.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

if they had read the book "Who killed Christopher Robin?" which came out in 1994, they could have solved this in about 5 minutes. The killer is now dead. So what is the point ??

maybe they should reinvestigate the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, now that Ted is dead.
    Last edited by cash; 08-31-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    The point is, a man was murdered and his family I'm sure would want closure

pistolpete Guest
    he had great style...used to dress like a pimp before it became hip and cool

Didnt the killer confess on his death bed? Im positive I read that somewhere..

StellaBoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Didnt the killer confess on his death bed? Im positive I read that somewhere..
    I know I've read that somewhere as well, a few years ago. Maybe the crimelibrary place?

Quote Originally Posted by StellaBoo View Post
    I know I've read that somewhere as well, a few years ago. Maybe the crimelibrary place?
    I read it on there, so you may have too.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Long Gone Day Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry's Cat View Post

Name:	18122008064.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	15192

Name:	18122008063.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	15193

Name:	18122008062.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	15194

here are some pictures of me at a Bar Called Plunketts in York
    they have an upstairs area called "Beggers Banquet" and the wall was signed many years ago by all the stones including Brian,
    a picture on the wall shows the boys in a famous pose, but ont he other side you can see the signatures. sorry the pics are so dark, but i thought you may be interested.
    it was Christmas as you can see from the Decor!
    I think that is very interesting. I would love to go to some of those pubs in your neck of the woods where some of them used to go. Nice that it is Christmas. I've only seen England from the bus ride from Heathrow to Gatwick airports!

Long Gone Day Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungegirl83 View Post
    I've never heard anything about Brian using heroin, I think he prefered alcohol, pills, and maybe coke? I've done a TON of research on him, but I could have missed anything regarding heroin.
    I hadn't heard of him doing heroin, either. His face has that puffy, swollen, edema looking bags under the eyes, alcohol/pill, look. Maybe he did it, but it doesn't look like his drug of choice...? Looks like mainly too much al-kee-hol.

This article is from last year but its interesting, seems the police did not want it to be a murder; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...lved-last.html

desertangel Guest
    Little late, but just watched 'Stoned' - really interesting.

Here's the picture that was mentioned of Brian and Jimi at the Monterey Pop Festival. Brian doesn't look good in this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brianandjimi.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	28928  

desertangel Guest
    Thought I'd add this jam with Jimi and Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5TB-Bqq3qM

same jam with some video of Jimi hanging out backstage with the Stones

http://bandweblogs.com/blog/2009/07/...e-watch-video/
    Last edited by desertangel; 08-22-2010 at 05:49 PM.

I can't believe I am just finding this thread - looks like I have a new book to add to my list... He was the cutest "Stone" - I'm sure Mick loved that....
    My Posse's On Broadway

mc79 Guest
    Myself after years research on-off. "everybody got to have a Day Job" Maybe I should stick to my day job ..

I don't think I heard of 1 music instrument Brian Jones could not play..

Here he is on marimba http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcgZIz0Fd-w

Brian on Sitar : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6d8eKvegLI

To name a few.

Any way you look at it as much music pleasure Brian Jones gave all of us. Nobody like that should go down in history with such a shitty & wrong Police report on his death.. That's very wrong from his Country and Rolling Stones themself Period.

Thank's to WV171 from youtube on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcgZIz0Fd-w
    For the below quote from Bill Wyman & himself Thank's Mr. Wyman.

Original Stones bassist Bill Wyman stated about Jones: "...he formed the band. He chose the members. He named the band. He chose the music we played. He got us gigs ... Very influential, very important, and then slowly lost it - highly intelligent - and just kind of wasted it and blew it all away..

Brian's home Country owe's him a lot more than that piece of shit that they try to call a police investigation...There is I bet people still alive to fix this great missjudgement before it's too late..

I still say June 1962 to July 3rd 1969 was the very best Stones ever was musically..

I was under the impression that Jones' firing was really a forced hiatus because he could not do a U.S. tour because of drug legal problems making a passport impossible.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

mc79 Guest
    Only Rolling Stones turn up for Brian's Funeral was Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman..
    Brain Jones own the name Rolling Stones, He was paid extra for being Manager.. Brian just hated the music they was putting out. Stones had to pay Jones a lump some something like $250,000 and like $25,000 a year to keep proforming under name Rolling Stones!!! That was in 1969 dollars..

The money on this deal to be completely correct, I need to look back up because I am unsure.. But I even read I think on Brian Jones Fan Club site that even the $250,000 dollars or so show up missing after Brian's death..

Brian was just not happy at all playing with Stones anymore. The way I took it he didn't care about most of them in Stones and around The Stones anymore..

"At the suggestion of pianist and road manager Ian Stewart, the Stones decided to add a new guitarist, and on 8 June 1969, Jones was visited by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts, and was told that the group he had formed would continue without him" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Jones

He was in the process starting a new band with Jimi Hendrix some Web site have this as a fact some don't but other's inculded maybe in this new band is Alexis Korner, Iam Stewart Mitch Mitchell and Jimmy Miller..

Beside Stones having to pay Brian that amount of money for years to come, He was going to be some strong Competition for them... I would guess Ian Stewart would left the Stones as a Roadie without a 2nd thought if he could play in Jones' new band..

This very interesting. I qoute from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Jones
    The last known photographs of Jones, taken by schoolgirl Helen Spittal on 23 June 1969, shortly after his departure from the Stones, are not flattering; he appears bloated, with deep-set eyes. However, Alexis Korner, who visited in late June only shortly after the Spittal photos were taken, noted that Jones seemed "happier than he had ever been".

Alexis knowed Brian from back atleast as early 1961 if not before when Brian was still in school..

That was the one of the main reason he gave them some not-so-good carpenters the boot.. He needed peace and quiet to work on his new band.. I read somewhere that pool party was Brian's way to try and leave some of the workers without any major hard feelings..

Plus I guess big name possible members of his new group would not want be in newspaper's everytime they show up at Brians home...With bunch strangers around working all the time, they sell infromation to newspapers I would guess.

MagnusDippytack and any others that might be interested do your own research into this and tell me what you came up with.

I know my spelling might be off and some people may be in conflicts with my facts but lot of this infromation came stright off top of my head from reading about this story for years. You know even some of my fact's might be incorrect.. I never said I was a expert..

But what I came up with.. This murder case came up as stinking and badly plundered as if was a 3-Stoogies Short..

I am amazed there isn't more activity on this particular thread! Brian Jones drowning has a lot of mystery surrounding it. I read Richards' book Life and Brian was a complete asshole, but man, he didn't deserve to get murdered. And about him whipping up on Anita Pallenberg....she kicked the shit out of him plenty, lol
    Last edited by all8; 04-24-2013 at 11:09 PM.
    - Chris

Just like Jimi Hendrix, come to believe over time that Jones definitely was murdered. Other witnesses that night have given accounts that have Thorogood acting questionably after returning to the house: strangely quiet when asked where Brian was; hands shaking so badly he could barely light a cigarette. Then when everyone converged on the pool, Thorogood ignored pleas from Lawson and Wohlin to help retrieve Jones, lingering in the background like he dreaded getting involved at all.

Other stories have the tension between Thorogood's crew and Jones mounting until a breaking point was almost inevitable: the workmen had practically moved into Cotchford Farm, doing very little of the work Jones had advanced huge sums for; helping themselves to Joneses' fridge and liquor cabinet; making passes at his girlfriend.

Thought the movie "Stoned" made quite a stretch when it suggested the triggering event for Thorogood to drown his employer was when Jones somehow drunkenly "came on" to Thorogood when they were in the pool alone. That theory didn't wash.

Keith Richards killed him - another conspiracy theory

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ours-died.html

I remember when I was a kid when he died, my older brother told me he heard Brian Jones died when he dove off a diving board into an empty pool. Even back then, I knew Brian was a major creative force of the Rolling Stones.
    Last edited by DesertGypsy; 08-27-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valessa View Post
    I remember when I was a kid when he died, my older brother told me he heard Brian Jones died when he dove off a diving board into an empty pool. Even back then, I knew Brian was a major creative force of the Rolling Stones.
    I'm not a Stones expert, but Jones seemed extremely talented. Sorry for not reading upthread, but was jealousy a factor between Jagger and Jones? From the film footage I've seen, in the post-Jones era there's no doubt as to where the audience's eye/energy is directed - we're almost always watching Jagger. But when the band has Jones, even if he's sitting with a sitar or grooving the simple marimba line in "Under My Thumb", he's visibly not trying to upstage Jagger (he might even be way drugged out at moments)...Jones pulls the audience's interest musically and visually (I agree with those who called him "the pretty one"). I don't know if that would cause a band to be more or less successful, long-term, but of course there's no argument how successful the Stones have been for decades, almost in spite of themselves at times. Just curious. I'm generally irked whenever the lead singer of any rock band is *THE* important one.

Anyway, keep the info coming on the circumstances surrounding Brian's mysterious death. I remember reading about Jagger's awkward "eulogy", acknowledging Jones' passing at the first Stones performance following the tragedy. On Jagger's command, several cages of white butterflies were unlatched - but it had been too hot or something, so most of the butterflies flopped dead onto the ground, at which point Jagger launched into a too-fast rendition of "Satisfaction".
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Yes, I also remember that he died in the house
    once owned by children's author A.A. Milne
    (Winnie the Pooh)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I not only think that Brian Jones was murdered, but that both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards know more about what happened than they care to say. Brian may have had his moments when he was difficult to deal with, but he did not deserve to be treated the way he was by Mick and Keith. Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd was also difficult to deal with at times, but the band members still cared enough to make sure he received his share of the royalties. It's horrible that the Stones couldn't do the same for Brian.

I don't like Mick and Keith so much anymore because of the ill treatment they gave to Brian. When I think of Brian Jones, Jim Morrison's poem, "Ode to LA While Thinking of Brian Jones, Deceased." comes to mind. It is a beautiful and sad poem...