Thread: Photographer Captures Suicide Scene

KristinEileen Guest

Photographer Captures Suicide Scene

WARNING THIS VIDEO SHOWS PICTURES OF A MAN THAT COMMITTED SUICIDE!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjGLvpP5-84&NR=1

I just thought that I would share this. The warning is just so I don't catch anyone off guard and so everyone knows what they are clicking on!

Armcast Guest
    thanks for the link...powerful images...

the intro is nice, but the actual suicide scenes start at 1:30...

Is there a background story to this?

KristinEileen Guest
    The guy that took it said he was on vacay in March got up to take some pics of the sunrise and came across the guy, he originally thought it was a sea mammal of some sort.

Thank you for fixing the link~~

bloodrocuted Guest
    Amazing. That looks like a close-up of a pill bottle at 3:23. I guess that's how he did it.

suicide hotlines

pull the string!

Grossness factor? I'm eating.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Um...Not really all that gory...Kinda dissapointed...Suicide is stupid...I don't wanna die a little old lady in depends but I think I'll just stick around and see what hell I can raise til it's my time ta go...

Guest Guest
    wow......... it was such a pretty day..... kind of sobering that it was a beautiful day when this person died.

Lisamarie Guest
    Yeah I saw the pill bottle too...sad....Poor bastard!! Wouldent it be cool if we could find out who he was??

Guest Guest
    Sure would lisamarie. Video could have been better though, from a death hag point of view.

TheMysterian Guest
    I liked the music!

The pictures in the video were interesting but that music was weird.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snudgie Guest
    I have seen this before...stumbled across it while roaming Youtube one day looking for death stuff(I'm delightful, aren't I?!)...it's quite chilling...such a lovely day...such gorgeous photos..and then oh...dead guy...very sad....but fascinating at the same time...who was he?...why was he so desperate that he took his own life...all these things we'll never know..x

Lisamarie Guest
    I always want to kno the story behind it all too....

Lita Guest
    It's sad. I just wanted to wake him up and ask him wtf was wrong, why he did what he did and try to help him. Obviously, that's not going to happen. How sad. It's weird to think that on that morning, we were all doing something like eating, sleeping, getting ready for work, and that man was washed up on shore. Crazy.

cherryghost Guest
    Interesting video, interesting too watching the Police and Investigators go about their business in such a practical way! It looks like they are just having a conversation and laughing towards the end as "they wrap up" (Sorry) the investigation!

Lisamarie Guest
    I thought the same thing!!!The one cop is like on his phone and theres a dead guy by his feet!!!!

Crap, will have to watch this when I get home (and the work day is just starting) I am too out in the open here, and my death haggery is a secret. Shhhh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lisamarie Guest
    I cant talk I be trying to take pics with my phone!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    That's so very sad. I want to know the rest of the story too.

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    I liked the music!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    The pictures in the video were interesting but that music was weird.

It the opening theme song from Stephen King's series, Kingdom Hospital...

I'm not sure that something like that should be in an unrestricted area. Anyone who has seen the movie Untracable might understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    I have seen this before...stumbled across it while roaming Youtube one day looking for death stuff(I'm delightful, aren't I?!)...it's quite chilling...such a lovely day...such gorgeous photos..and then oh...dead guy...very sad....but fascinating at the same time...who was he?...why was he so desperate that he took his own life...all these things we'll never know..x
    That's my girl! I found it the same way. Like my grandma used to tell me: "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem". NOTHING is worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Boring! No close up pictures!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Um...Not really all that gory...Kinda dissapointed...Suicide is stupid...I don't wanna die a little old lady in depends but I think I'll just stick around and see what hell I can raise til it's my time ta go...
    Hey howDID, re think it about the little old lady, Think about how many people you can mess with and no one can get mad! I think it's gonna be a blast!

I broke down and watched it. Love the Ivy song. You can watch that kind of stuff all night on CSI: Miami but seeing a real guy being put into a body bag is horrible. The guy taking pics must've been really far away; even the close-ups are really grainy.

I disagree about nothing being worth suicide. Not that I speak from my own experience, but sometimes people have tried everything and other people have tried everything, and there is still no comfort. Esp in cases of mental illness. My dad committed suicide and I know he thought that was the best possible thing to do. He'd estranged himself from everyone and turned his life into something horrible despite everyone on earth trying to help him. Sometimes people just don't want to be here.

And before anyone jumps on me, no, I am not condoning suicide. But I understand why someone would think it's the only way out.

Who knows what this poor guy was going through. RIP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

newsocks Guest
    my question is where was he? which beach?
    maybe it says and i am totally overlooking it but i am totally curious.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Boring! No close up pictures!
    Thats what I thought.

so depressing to see that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Being Dead: It Can Really Take a Toll on Your Social Life"

bunny Guest
    did I miss somthing...all I seen was a guy laying on the beach...he could of drown? I must have missed somthing

Lisamarie Guest
    there is a pill bottle not too far from him in one of the closeups...

bunny Guest
    ohhh damn I will have to watch it again ...damn work getting in the way hahaha

Seagorath Guest
    I can't wait to grow old so I can be a bonafied pervert. When you're elderly and perverted you get away with it...

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    The guy that took it said he was on vacay in March got up to take some pics of the sunrise and came across the guy, he originally thought it was a sea mammal of some sort.

Thank you for fixing the link~~
    your welcome

Katie Guest
    The man had not been in the water that long, because there are no signs of bloating.

I wander if he was on a boat and maybe fell off.

Maruz83 Guest
    boring...............

hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    Atta girl! Must be a death hag in the house!
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Auntie Vi Guest
    I thought it was beautiful and touching

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    So what I can infer from the video is this: he probably overdosed on medication then, in a dazed stupor, wandered into the ocean to die. He probably thought it be peaceful... slowly drifting off both in mind (i.e. going unconscious) and in body (drifting off into the ocean) while the sun is rising. Kind of romantic in sad, end-of-one's-rope kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    I thought it was beautiful and touching
    l agree. l was moved by the juxtaposition of such a sad, lonely death and such beautiful surroundings.
    no matter what heartbreak someone is experiencing, the sun will keep rising and setting. nature keeps rolling.
    l thought it was very well done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bloodrocuted Guest
    Actually, that was quite inspiring...

*Gets to work on an old screenplay*

Guest Guest
    Well, it was o.k. - took a while to figure it out, though. But maybe it was an accidental overdose?

jojax Guest
    The body bags use to be a dark color...that was a nice shade of green.

Lisamarie Guest
    allright Im looking could thie be him???
    [SIZE=3]Dead man washed up on Blyth's South Beach - ChronicleLive[/SIZE]
    Dead man washed up on Blyth's South Beach. Jul 22 2008 Evening Chronicle. A POLICE probe was under way today after the body of a young man was found washed ...
    www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening.../dead-man-washed-up-on-blyth-s-south-beach-72703-213821... - 44k - Cached - Similar pages

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    allright Im looking could thie be him???
    [SIZE=3]Dead man washed up on Blyth's South Beach - ChronicleLive[/SIZE]
    Dead man washed up on Blyth's South Beach. Jul 22 2008 Evening Chronicle. A POLICE probe was under way today after the body of a young man was found washed ...
    www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening.../dead-man-washed-up-on-blyth-s-south-beach-72703-213821... - 44k - Cached - Similar pages
    I thought it looked like our body was found at dawn; unfortunately there are many bodies found this way. I could be wrong about the time though. It does seem like they'd be recovering that one at night though.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Look what I found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTaMh1mvfjc

When i posted the original video/photo collage, I never thought it would generate such interest as it has,To date 8/18/08 over 750,000 people have watched the collection of photos...I have received hundreds of emails over the last 12 months regarding the video.
    I wanted to post a reEdited version in hopes of answering all the most often asked questions.
    (HERE IS THE STORY) I was on vacation at the beach, I am an avid photographer and got up early one morning to capture the sunrise in photos and photographs of the beach and ocean, Instead I captured this.
    (((FAQ's))) Where did this take place? On a beach in NC.. It looks like his body was moved? YES it was moved to keep his body from going out with the tide. HOW do i know it was suicide?? Because the Newspaper listed it a suicide by the coroner.. Who sings the song in the video?? The artist is IVY, the song title is 'Worry about you''
    (MORE INFO) He was a local man in his early 60's,(no name was ever given in the newspaper) He had his Drivers licences (photo I.D.)in his pocket, along with an empty prescription bottle. so apparently he went into the ocean sometime that evening or night and with the possibly over dose he took, he apparently drowned- there by killing himself.... I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT I HAVE RECEIVED SOME VERY POSITIVE EMAILS FROM PEOPLE WHO HAD CONTEMPLATED TAKING THEIR OWN LIVES AND AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO THEY HAVE DECIDED TO GET HELP (THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I HAVE THE VIDEO POSTED) From the loss of one's life, Others have benefited and hopefully have rethought that suicide is not the answer and that life is worth living, PLEASE get help if you are one of those who are thinking about suicide, it is not the answer, LIFE can be tough, we all have to take it one day at a time, There are so many resources for people in need, but you have to be the first one to admit you need help, Please do it for yourself, your family, In the end you will see that life is not so bad after all, we all have to ride out the 'storms in life' the 'Road Bumps' IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO EMAIL ME AND SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME PERSONALLY,SIMPLY HIT THE EMAIL BUTTON, OR WRITE ME:
    Last edited by SomeChick; 08-08-2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Email removed.