Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diane Downs

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Excuse me while I go barf up a lung.

What a freaking drama queen.

I remember some of the letters she wrote that were included in the book.

Jod6cindy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    OMG! You are so right! Seperated at the stables!
    Oh my God I am laughing so hard at this I'm almost peeing in my pants!!

Whoo hoo...what a horse!!!

Elizabeth Guest

Diane

From reading the Ann Rule book, I remember she was very much in to "symbolism" of sorts....she had a tattoo of a rose with the name of her married boyfriend ("Lew") on her shoulder (which symbolized their love she said--blech) and then she bought a unicorn statue and had the names of her three children engraved on it, right before she tried to kill them ("a unicorn symbolized eternal life" or some such garbage)....so that gold chain business is just as sickening.....

I'll bet Lew Lewiston is living a nice life with his wife and saying to himself "Man, I really lucked out missing that boat!!!"
    Last edited by Elizabeth; 12-10-2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: My source

4. 12-10-2008, 10:36 PM

Guest Guest
    I think you are thinking of Darlie Routier..there is a thread on her, she was convicted of stabbing to death her two sons...Diane shot her 3 kids, killing a daughter

6. 12-10-2008, 10:55 PM

CORONERGAL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Parole DENIED.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/storie....2513dd69.html

I should note, up there^^^I said she was younger than me. She is actually 11 years older. YIKES though.
    I wouldn't worry if I were you, Mrs. W. In 11 years you'll still look gorgeous like your avi and she will still look like a blond foot.

tarsier Guest
    So is this a fairly accurate assessment: Diane Downs is peitioning for parole on the premise she shouldn't be in prison because she doesn't want to be there? That's what I told my room mate and she rolled her eyes.

Auntie Vi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    So is this a fairly accurate assessment: Diane Downs is peitioning for parole on the premise she shouldn't be in prison because she doesn't want to be there? That's what I told my room mate and she rolled her eyes.

If that was all it took, the prisons would be empty

Mrs. Watson Guest
    More like her escape attempts show that she shouldn't be there and indicate how much she wants out, and therefore, she should be granted parole.

Yeah, RIGHT! That'll work.

If she had shown remorse and taken responsibility for her crimes, she would have had a better shot. That's what they look for.

tarsier Guest
    More like her escape attempts show that she shouldn't be there and indicate how much she wants out, and therefore, she should be granted parole.

Yeah, RIGHT! That'll work.

If she had shown remorse and taken responsibility for her crimes, she would have had a better shot. That's what they look for.
    Right; she shouldn't be there because she doesn't want to be. I like to keep things simple maybe add only she shouldn't be in prison because she has shown via escape attempts that she doesn't want to be there.
    The broad must like it as she is begging them to keep her in.

Jod6cindy Guest

I just sent this photo of Downs to a friend and she emailed me back: "That's a man in drag, right? Ooh, he doesn't make a very attractive woman. I wonder if he looks any better as a guy?"

The woman's inner ugliness is even worse than her horsey countenance.

scott69 Guest

Angry

That ugly bitch should have been lynched!

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scott69 View Post
    That ugly bitch should have been lynched!

Agreed, what she did to her kids is unforgivable!

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jod6cindy View Post

I just sent this photo of Downs to a friend and she emailed me back: "That's a man in drag, right? Ooh, he doesn't make a very attractive woman. I wonder if he looks any better as a guy?"

when i see pics of her, i can't believe that she's the same woman who i read about, who cops & others thought was so pretty & feminine~ even tho it was a good movie, & farrah did a wonderful job, farrah was much better looking & sensual~

bunny Guest
    no really she was an ugly woman...inside and out...

RubySlippers Guest

LMAO - i am no penelope cruz, but sheesh.

Valerie Guest
    Blond foot....PRICELESS
    bwahahahaaa!!

burgtwngrl Guest
    Since Farrah Fawcett's Death I have been reading up on the Diane Downs case. Does anyone know why she was transferred from Oregon to California to serve her prison sentence when the crime was committed in Oregon?

burgtwngrl Guest
    Farrah Was much too pretty to play Diane but she played the narcassist very well... it was kind of creepy...

She's actually been moved a couple of times. After she escaped from OR, they sent her to NJ. She tried escape a couple of times there, so they sent her to WA in 1991.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...1&slug=1302915

She briefly returned to OR while the WA prison was being renovated, and in 1993, they sent her to CA where the prison was more secure.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonian...aring_loo.html Scroll to article from 9/18/1993, no direct link.

That last site has quite a few articles on Diane, including suits she's filed, and goes up to 12/2008.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Dang, I thought ole horse face died.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    LOL... me too!

I didnt know that Farrah was in a movie about this case. What was the movie called?

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    LOL... me too!

I didnt know that Farrah was in a movie about this case. What was the movie called?
    It was called Small Sacrifices; it's a really good movie, Farrah was great in it.

LemonPopsicle Guest
    Me too! I saw the thread pushed up and thought Ooh! Maybe she's dead?

This thread needs to be moved. When I created it, I put it in "Other Deaths", with the mindset that she killed her kids

But it always appears that she is dead

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Wishful thinking, FADA....

Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    It was called Small Sacrifices; it's a really good movie, Farrah was great in it.
    Actually, I thought it was really great. Farrah somehow captured that Diane Downs kind of crazy, while conveying the supposed mesmerizing sexuality that paralyzed so many men. But that whiskey bottle (in book, not movie) turned my tummy!

Hobbes12 Guest
    What a dumb bitch...

ZoeAnne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    This thread needs to be moved. When I created it, I put it in "Other Deaths", with the mindset that she killed her kids

But it always appears that she is dead

Too bad she's not, but she is a killer......just like Mary Bell.....maybe change the title?

So sad and may Diane rot in hell i just picked up a copy of Small Sacrifices haven't read it yet, still trying to catch up on my back log of books.

Alexandra Guest

Did Diane Downs really kill her children?

Here's another perspective on the 25-year-old story: http://www.dianedowns.com/

Supposedly there was a guy that admitted to someone else that he shot Mrs. Downs and her children.

Remember that we only know what we are told by the media. Lots of times you have to do a little digging.

There are pictures of the oldest child with the bullet wounds, but it's not totally gross (I say this as someone who's a bit squeamish).

33. 12-21-2009, 05:18 PM

I still think she did it. Not really convinced by anything brought up on that site. Some items may be good points, but I think they use "possiblities" as "fact" and then jump to conclusions from there.

Might want to get this merged with the already existing thread here:
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...ht=Diane+Downs

I think she's pretty iffy. The stories she told about what happened were full of holes. And often there are wackos waiting to confess to the latest crime, so I'm less likely to believe a confession than forensics.

Did anybody ever see that video the day after the shooting took place where she reinacts the attack? Can you really get me to believe that this is a lady who just had a child murdered and two more children just barely hanging in? Her demeanor alone has me totally convinced she is the culprit, and nobody else was involved......hope that sociopath NEVER gets out.........

Ms. K Guest
    I think Diane Downs is an evil, narcissistic bitch who murdered two of her three children, and damn near killed the third.

There's nothing on that site that convinces me otherwise.

Diane Downs killed Cheryl Downs, maimed Christy and Danny Downs for life. Her lover did not want to be responsible for any children. Appalling, but true, she wanted her man, not her kids.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Andrea Guest
    Downs now: Diane Downs prison mug shot
    She resembles the Cryptkeeper.....................

Hippo Guest
    She used to be so pretty--she used to kind of look like Princess Diana.

Alexandra Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    Diane Downs killed Cheryl Downs, maimed Christy and Danny Downs for life. Her lover did not want to be responsible for any children. Appalling, but true, she wanted her man, not her kids.
    If she was so obsessed with this guy, then why the move AWAY from him--from Arizona to Oregon?

Damn, I thought she might have been a winner in the 2009 Death Sweepstakes!

Andrea Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    If she was so obsessed with this guy, then why the move AWAY from him--from Arizona to Oregon?

I bet she had the whole thing planned out --- make it look like she was moving because she didn't want him anymore and then get out to Oregon and figure out how to get rid of the kids.

Then when she offed the kids, (he didn't want kids) he'd come flying out to Oregon to comfort her and she'd win him over and he would leave his wife and get a job at the post office in Oregon. And, since she'd gone away from him by moving, she thought they'd never look at him as a motive.

Andrea

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    I had forgotten that Danny survived. I read Small Sacrifices when I was in junior high, and was horrified by her actions then. After I had a kid of my own, I just wanted to kill her with my bare hands. Her and Susan Smith both.

This forum needs a section--- a "home" if you will--- just for posts about "Murderers, Would-Be Murderers, Alleged Murderers, Very Probably Murderers, and No F---ing Doubt About It Murderers."

Remember that we only know what we are told by the media. Lots of times you have to do a little digging.
    my digging led me to Christie's court testimony, where she identified her mother as her attacker. May Diane Downs rot right where she is. She deserves to be there.

jaylene Guest
    I know its been awhile since anyone has posted but I wanted to address this question. In the book Small Sacrifices, Diane parents had moved to Oregon I believe for her dad to accept a postion as Post Master or something and Diane wanted to move to be with them and talked "Lew" into going to. (Since all this came out his real name is Nick) Her dad had even said he could get him a job at the post office in Oregon. So, (if I remember right) Diane was to go ahead and get a place to live and wait for him. But after she left he said he could finally think and realized he wanted to stay with his wife. This site her dad made is a joke. Guess he figures it's been so long everyone will forget the facts.
    Whatever, she's right where she should be.
    Please let me know if I have some of this incorrect. Been awhile since I read it.

The illogical thing about a "logical" alternate suspect (which is the same illogical thing about the "strangers" who allegedly killed Darlie Routier's and "kidnapped" Susan Smith's poor children):
    Why on earth would the random stranger, with a history of violence mainly towards ADULT women, try to take out some unknown woman's KIDS and NOT the woman herself?
    I could buy Diane Downs perhaps HIRING someone like that to do her dirty work, but she's still in it up to her over-plucked eyebrows.

jaylene Guest
    I agree Linnie. So many people had great opinions on here.
    I did see the video she did like a day or 2 after her children
    were shot. Now your babies are in the hospital, one is dead,
    one is fighting for her life, and one is possibly gonna live but
    will never walk again and she is laughing, joking, just having
    a good time showing the cops what happened that night and
    how she faked throwing the keys. I don't care WHAT her dad
    says about raising his kids to not be emotional. Any mother would
    agree with me that I would be in a dark room, alone, crying for days.
    Stopping long enough to call or visit the hospital to check on my
    babies.
    And she was obsessed with that guy. Even going as far as to cut his
    meat for him when they had dinner at her parents house.
    Guess I have said enough. This bitch just makes me nuts with her
    lies.

This broad needs to stay in the slammer forever and ever. PURE evil.

She really does look like a blond foot! Downs also reminds me of a younger Camilla Parker Bowles Windsor.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Jinx!

Wonder how those two kids are doing, that were adopted by--the cop, was it?

Danny was in a wheelchair I think!
    They were adopted by the prosecutor. Last I heard, the living girl was married and the little boy is about 30 years old now.

Yes thanks to the nuturing and love by the prosecutor and his wife, they have grown into happy and productive adults. May Cheryl Downs rest in peace.