Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Diane Downs

nursewratchet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Lynn View Post
    Sorry to bump up this old thread but I just finished reading Small Sacrifices for the 3rd time. I was just searching around and found a picture of the real Lew Lewiston and his wife Nora. Their real names are Robert and Charleen Knickerbocker. I had never seen their pics before and just thought it kind of interesting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	knickerbocker.jpg 
Views:	1358 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	48343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	48344
    Awesome find!! I always wondered what "Lew" looked like......... This case is one of my "pet cases". I have read the book and seen the movie multiple times. I turn the radio station when "Hungry like the wolf" comes on even to this day. Diane Downs is right where she belongs. Thankfully her 2 surviving kids were adopted by Fred Hugi who prosecuted her. Only little Cheryl is gone forever.......... Does anyone remember when Diane accused her father of sexually molesting her when she was on trial? Then she goes on the interview with Oprah and denies it!!! Dianes father has a website proclaiming Dianes innocence. It is absolutely crazy!!! Bushy haired stranger my ass!!
    Last edited by nursewratchet; 09-27-2013 at 02:14 AM. Reason: grammar!!!

Mammy Guest
    I found a picture of Diane Downs and her brother that was just taken last year. Ain't she purdy? LOL

Name:	downs-d-james-350.jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	50851

PurrPurr Guest
    Prison life apparently hasn't been good to ol' Horse Face.

which one is which?

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    which one is which?
    LMAO! She wishes she could grow a beard to hide that ugly horse head!

Here's another stunning pic...

Name:	Diane1404.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	50852
    Last edited by Mammy; 06-08-2014 at 02:16 PM.

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Lynn View Post
    Sorry to bump up this old thread but I just finished reading Small Sacrifices for the 3rd time. I was just searching around and found a picture of the real Lew Lewiston and his wife Nora. Their real names are Robert and Charleen Knickerbocker. I had never seen their pics before and just thought it kind of interesting.

Name:	knickerbocker.jpg 
Views:	1358 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	48343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	48344
    Old "Lew" was pretty fugly himself!

YIKES!!!!
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

They ain't no Farrah and Ryan. for sure

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    They ain't no Farrah and Ryan. for sure
    Truer words have never been spoken! I remember back in the day Diane was commenting on the fact that Farrah Fawcett had played the part of Diane in the movie and said she was much prettier than Farrah. I don't know where that delusional hag bought her mirror, but I want one! "Lew" must be hung like a horse because he sure doesn't have anything going for him in the looks department.

Dammit. I've just been re-reading Small Sacrifices (my Mom FINALLY found it) and I thought maybe she'd galloped off to whatever the horse version of Hell is.

I'm sorry, I'm no Cindy Crawford, but I can't see this woman appearing attractive from ANY angle, despite the descriptions I've read that she could be.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    Dammit. I've just been re-reading Small Sacrifices (my Mom FINALLY found it) and I thought maybe she'd galloped off to whatever the horse version of Hell is.

I'm sorry, I'm no Cindy Crawford, but I can't see this woman appearing attractive from ANY angle, despite the descriptions I've read that she could be.
    I don't think men found her looks attractive. I think they were attracted to the fact that she was a cheap, easy whore.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    which one is which?
    LMAO!!

MinLynn Guest
    Small Sacrifices was the first true crime movie I'd ever watched. I was probably about 11 or 12 and it freaked me out finding out that it was true and all. When I got older I read the book and saw the picture inserts. I remember wondering just what Ann Rule was talking about when she kept stating just how attractive she was and how much men wanted her for her good looks. I didn't think she was attractive at all and snorted when I heard her being referred to as looking like Princess Diana (who I also don't think was all that attractive but looked WAY better than Diane Downs).

PurrPurr Guest
    Almost hard to believe the two surviving kids are going to be 40 and 35 this year. I still see them as cute little kids.

Seeing the Diane Downs/Kristen Stewart similarity more in this photo:http://dlisted.com/2014/07/08/breaki...nge-hair-pile/ especially the mouth.

Sorry to bump a 4 year dormant thread but I thought y??all may find this interesting. I just listened to a podcast about Diane and wondered how the other kids had turned out. I did some digging and found Christie on Facebook. She??s got 3 kids, the youngest being a girl named Cheryl.

Can??t find Danny on there and haven??t found any news articles either. Wonder if he??s no longer in a wheelchair? I know his name is Stephan ??Danny? Downs but not sure what he goes by now. There are a couple of her friends on FB who are named Dan or Steve and seem to be about the right age...
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1473494744

Glad to see Christie has a happy family and life, it is sweet she honored her sister by naming her daughter after her. Goddess bless her and her family and that of Danny

Anyone watch the special on Diane on 20/20? It was on last week but is on Hulu now. I just started watching it.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

From what I understand about Danny he is still partially paralyzed and works with computers, I am wondering if he goes by the last name of Hugi.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 03-31-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    From what I understand about Danny he is still partially paralyzed and works with computers, I am wondering if he goes by the last name of Hugi.
    I??d be willing to bet he does.
    I thought the 20/20 episode was well done. I do feel Ms. Babcock needs to stop doing interviews. There??s nothing more to be gained, she??s told all there is to be told. I??m glad she??s doing well and was raised in a good family but she??s beating a dead horse with her story at this point. No revelations there.