Thread: Anita Cobby.

jsjsjsjs Guest

Anita Cobby.

This is an Autralian case, quite possibly the most horriffic and vulgar crime I've ever heard. I remember hearingabout it 20 years ago, when I was 20. There was a massive, massive public outrage. Many of us who never even knew Anita took this case to heart.

John Connor Guest
    That is a really horrible story. RIP Anita.

I remember this. I was living out at HMAS Nirimba in Quakers Hill I think. What they did to that girl is beyond evil.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

NOVSTORM Guest

DeadRinger Guest
    One of the killers - Stephen 'Shorty' Jamieson - was a state ward and lived in a boys home. My grandmother looked after him in the home. I always said she shoulda drowned him in the bath.

When this happened, I was only about 11, but living maybe ten minutes from where Anita was found. My mum was a nurse at the same hospital.

Lisamarie Guest
    omg!! I just read that story and it made my blood run cold....these awful people who kill for sexual gratfication !! And I hope the kid that was sexually assaulted in juvie is getting passed around again....I hope they all are.Poor thing.

Lisamarie Guest
    He sat on her back pulled her head bacHe sat on her back pulled her head back by the hair and slit her throat twice, like he had done to the animal
    The Murder of Anita Cobby - Amanda Howard

THE MURDER OF ANITA COBBY ... The events of Anita Cobby's murder were the basis for the Australian Film The ... Anita Lynch met John Cobby while studying for ...
    www.thecrimeweb.com/murder_of_anita_cobby.htm - 104k - Cacheds so mTravers was worried, he thought she had seen his teardrop tattoo and would be able to identify him. Also the boys had called each other by their names. She had to die. The others urged him on. Travers marched back to where the beaten bIIody of Anita lay. He sat on her back pulled her head back by the hair and slit her throat twice, like he had done to the animals so many times before. In the later autopsy report semen was found in the gash across Anita’s throat. Possibly Travers raped the gaping wound one final time before leaving her.

any times before. In the later autopsy report semen was found in the gash across Anita’s throat. Possibly Travers raped the gaping wound one final time before leaving her.kHe sat on her back pulled her head back by the hair and slit her throat twice, liHe sat on her back pulled her head back by the hair and slit her throat twice, like he had done to the animals so many times before. In the later autopsy report semen was found in the gash across Anita’s throat. Possibly Travers raped the gaping wound one final time before leaving her.ke he had done to the animals so many times before. In the later autopsy report semen was found in the gash across Anita’s throat. Possibly Travers raped the gaping wound one final time before leaving her. by the hair and slit her throat twicHe sat on her back pulled her head back by the hair and slit her throat twiceHe sat on her back pulled her head back by the hair and slit her throat twice, like he had done to the animals so many times before. In the later autopsy report semen was found in the gash across Anita’s throat. Possibly Travers raped the gaping wound one final time before leaving her., like he had done to the animals so many times before. In the later autopsy report semen was found in the gash across Anita’s throat. Possibly Travers raped the gaping wound one final time before leaving her.e, like he had done to the animals so many times before. In the later autopsy report sHe sat on her back pulled her head back by the hair and slit her throat twice, like he had done to the animals so many times before. In the later autopsy report semen was found in the gash across Anita’s throat. Possibly Travers raped the gaping wound one final time before leaving her.emen was found in the gash across Anita’s throat. Possibly Travers raped the gaping wound one final time before leaving her.

Lisamarie Guest
    That was a very hard read....Im could happily kill anyone of these guys...

Lita Guest
    What a horrible crime! I hope those monsters rot in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    What a horrible crime! I hope those monsters rot in hell.
    I hope they rot on earth; and then rot in hell.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

That was horrific. Pure evil. You know, just when you think you've heard the worst....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

jsjsjsjs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    One of the killers - Stephen 'Shorty' Jamieson - was a state ward and lived in a boys home. My grandmother looked after him in the home. I always said she shoulda drowned him in the bath.

When this happened, I was only about 11, but living maybe ten minutes from where Anita was found. My mum was a nurse at the same hospital.
    No, Jamieson was involved ina VERY SIMILAR(!) crime, that of 20 year old Australia bank teller, Janine Balding. This crime happened only two years after, and the fact that such a crime could occur twice is beyound horriffic.

DeadRinger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jsjsjsjs View Post
    No, Jamieson was involved ina VERY SIMILAR(!) crime, that of 20 year old Australia bank teller, Janine Balding. This crime happened only two years after, and the fact that such a crime could occur twice is beyound horriffic.

Yes, you're right, thankyou. My mistake, it was Janine Balding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janine_Balding_murder

cachluv Guest
    Holy Fucking Shit.

Like Jops said. When you think you've heard the worst, you haven't.

I am curious about the mindset. I can't understand forcing anyone to do anything, so from there on I know I'm lost when it comes to trying to understand the simply unspeakable things that happened to her. And it all seemed so random. When you leave your house in the morning, you never fucking know. Sure, the chances of something like this are truly miniscule but damn, they were truly miniscule for Anita Cobby too.

One thing I've always wanted to do was read further into the mindset of brutal killers. I'm a Libra, and so I need to understand things even if I can't agree with them. That's one of the many things that intrigues me about the 'murder' subject. I just. don't. get it. How can you slice someone's throat open and stick your penis in there?

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Holy Fucking Shit.

Like Jops said. When you think you've heard the worst, you haven't.

I am curious about the mindset. I can't understand forcing anyone to do anything, so from there on I know I'm lost when it comes to trying to understand the simply unspeakable things that happened to her. And it all seemed so random. When you leave your house in the morning, you never fucking know. Sure, the chances of something like this are truly miniscule but damn, they were truly miniscule for Anita Cobby too.

One thing I've always wanted to do was read further into the mindset of brutal killers. I'm a Libra, and so I need to understand things even if I can't agree with them. That's one of the many things that intrigues me about the 'murder' subject. I just. don't. get it. How can you slice someone's throat open and stick your penis in there?
    The following quote and info is from crimelibrary.com and is about serial killers, but IMO also relates to killers like the ones on this thread.

"It was an urge. ... A strong urge, and the longer I let it go the stronger it got, to where I was taking risks to go out and kill people risks that normally, according to my little rules of operation, I wouldn't take because they could lead to arrest." â??Edmund Kemper.

Where does this urge come from, and why is so powerful? If we all experienced this urge, would we be able to resist? Is it genetic, hormonal, biological, or cultural conditioning? Do serial killers have any control over their desires?

We all experience rage and inappropriate sexual instincts, yet we have some sort of internal cage that keeps our inner monsters locked up. Call it morality or social programming, these internal blockades have long since been trampled down in the psychopathic killer. Not only have they let loose the monster within, they are virtual slaves to its beastly appetites.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

cachluv Guest
    Thanks cindy, very interesting, I do plan to look up more stuff too

I feel so badly for people who die by someone else's hand.

I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    RIP Mr Lynch one of the worlds true gentlemen who was able to rise above unimaginable horror, having to identify her body as well, and help other victims of homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisafataldisease View Post
    RIP Mr Lynch one of the worlds true gentlemen who was able to rise above unimaginable horror, having to identify her body as well, and help other victims of homicide.

Amen to that. I remember still being in high school when it happened. I never caught a train on my own at night through there again. Heck, I didn't even want to get off at Blacktown station during the daytime anymore. I don't know a single person who saw that story on the news who didn't shed a tear when they heard Mr Lynch talking afterwards with such dignity about his beautiful daughter.

Unhappy Garry Lynch, father of murder victim Anita Cobby, dies

The father of raped and murdered New South Wales woman Anita Cobby has died after years of helping the families of other homicide victims.

Garry Lynch died yesterday at a nursing home in Sydney's west after a long battle with dementia.

His friend Peter Rolfe said Mr Lynch, 90, had his family at his side at the time of his passing.

Mr Lynch started the Homicide Victims Support Group in 1993 - seven years after the horrific death of his 26-year-old daughter Anita.

Ms Cobby, a nurse and beauty pageant winner, was abducted by a group of five men while walking home from Blacktown train station on the evening of February 2, 1986.

Her body was found two days later in a paddock and her father had the task of identifying her.

Witnesses who saw the men drag Ms Cobby into a stolen car and a later tip-off led police to making arrests 22 days after her murder.

Leslie Murphy, then aged 22, his two brothers Gary and Michael, then 28 and 33, Michael Murdoch, then 19, and John Travers, then 18, were found guilty of murdering Ms Cobby.

A media frenzy and public outcry led to calls for the re-introduction of the death penalty but the men were jailed for life.

Mr Lynch and the rest of the family endured the public spotlight, which intensified when reports came that Ms Cobby's killers might apply for reduction in their sentence.

Mr Lynch and his wife Grace were already counselling family members of homicide victims before they started their support organisation.

In 1992, they met Peter and Christine Simpson, following the murder of the Simpsons' daughter Ebony.

The Simpsons complained that there was no organisation to help the victim's families, prompting the Lynches to start the Homicide Victims Support Group.

Peter Rolfe met Mr Lynch in 1995 after his best friend and business partner was murdered in Sydney.

"We became very close friends over the next four or five years,'' Mr Rolfe said.

He attended support group meetings which, Mr Rolfe said, catered to more than 300 families in the early years.

"We were able to commiserate with each other with what we were going through,'' Mr Rolfe said.

Mr Lynch was also a member of the Serious Offenders Review Council, which advises the Parole Authority and the NSW Supreme Court about the parole of serious offenders.

"He was just out there to help people,'' Mr Rolfe said.

"Basically, that's all he wanted to do. Just to get out and help people who had been through what he and Grace had been through.

"He was such a lovely, basic, down-to-earth sort of guy. You could ring him at any time of the day or night.''

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...006784,00.html

The Murder Of Anita Cobby: Australia's Worst Crime

On Tuesday, 4 February 1986, farmer John Reen rang police to tell them that he had discovered the naked body of a young lady in the Boiler Paddock on his farm. He said it looked as though she had been murdered. Police rushed to the scene and found the body of nursing sister, Anita Lorraine Cobby, who had been reported missing by her family the day before.

Anita Cobby had been dragged through a barbed-wire fence and punched, beaten and kicked. There was extensive bruising on her head, breasts, face, shoulders, groin, thighs and legs. Her throat had been cut and she was almost decapitated

Medical officers believed that Anita Cobby was conscious when she had her throat cut. It would have taken two to three minutes for her to bleed to death. Anita Cobby had also been repeatedly raped. The only thing that police could accurately assume at the time of the discovery of the body was that more than one person, possibly by a gang, had committed the crime.

The murder of Anita Cobby united the public in outrage. Petitions with tens of thousands of signatures supporting the return of the death penalty were handed to the government of New South Wales. A Sydney TV station ran a phone-in poll that registered nearly 16,000 calls, almost 95 per cent of which were in favor of the reintroduction of the death penalty.

To a bewildered general public it was inconceivable that the perpetrators of such a crime could be walking the streets, passing themselves off as normal human beings.

But they were. Five of them: a gang of spineless cowards who preyed on women and other people's property between prison terms. Between them they had over 50 convictions for offenses including larceny, illegal drug use, car theft, breaking and entering, armed robbery, escaping lawful custody, receiving stolen goods, assault and rape. Their leader was named John Raymond Travers...

Anita Cobby in happier days, sailing with her dog in her lap

Continue reading: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...g/cobby/1.html

Find A Grave: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=8549726

I was talking to my bff, Sam, who lives in Sidney, Australia. We were discussing Brandon Lee's death and how and one other person's life and death
    changed her life. The other person was Anita Cobby. Get this, Anita was one of her grandmother's nurses when she was having breast cancer treatment, and one of the killers' brothers was her dang school bus driver.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

deathpool Guest
    That gave me chills reading that article. Sad that her father died recently.

One of her attackers died this year

Michael Murphy
    was housed in Long Bay Correctional Complex in maximum security. In 1988, Michael was housed along with his brother Gary in the newly-built Special Protection Unit in Long Bay Correctional Complex. In 1992, he was transferred to Lithgow Correctional Centre, where he undertook Year 10 studies and did weekly work. A few years later Michael Murphy was transferred to Goulburn Correctional Centre, where he spent most his imprisonment and he usually kept to himself and stayed out of trouble. In May 2015, he was reclassified to medium security until July 2015, when he was reclassified back to maximum security. In September 2018 it was reported that he had terminal cancer and was living in palliative care.[17] He died in Long Bay Hospital on 21 February 2019 at the age of 66.
    As of 2019, Gary Murphy was housed in Long Bay Correctional Complex in maximum security. In 1988, he was housed along with his brother Michael Murphy in the newly-built Special Protection Unit in Long Bay Correctional Complex. A few years later, Gary Murphy was transferred to Maitland Gaol Correctional Centre, where he was housed till the prison's closure. He was then transferred to Lithgow Correctional Centre. In mid June 2019 he was transferred from Goulburn Correctional Centre to Long Bay Correctional Complex. On the morning of 25th June 2019, he was severely beaten by several other prisoners in shower block of 10 Wing in Long Bay and was transfered to hospital in a critical condition. He survived.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Anita_Cobby
    https://7news.com.au/news/crime/anit...shing-c-198409