Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: George W. Bush

endsleigh03 Guest
    It's just that there is so much to work with here.......

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I'm just surprised at how quick he was at dodging it. Maybe he's not as slow and dimwitted as I first suspected.

ratkin638 Guest
    I'm just waiting for the day when a lot of the people who are approaching this thread with such cackling glee start to piously tell me that we need to all get together and get behind Obama and give him a chance, for the good of the country.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Obama ever does the crap Bush has done and I'll be first in line for the shoe throwing.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin638 View Post
    I'm just waiting for the day when a lot of the people who are approaching this thread with such cackling glee start to piously tell me that we need to all get together and get behind Obama and give him a chance, for the good of the country.
    I don't like Obama either. So ya won't hear it from me.

endsleigh03 Guest
    And laugh at HIM too.

I'm getting so sick of Iraq. What kind of retard decides to show his disapproval of political policies by chucking his shoes around? And as a "journalist," this idiot is presumably among the better educated portion of the population.

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Obama ever does the crap Bush has done and I'll be first in line for the shoe throwing.
    I agree, if Obama even f**ks up half as much as Bush has I will be line as well with both shoes ready to throw. I somehow doubt that would ever happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    Al-Queida dicks were not in Iraq.
    Al-Quaeda had members from all over the middle east and parts of Africa long beofre 9-11 - including Iraq.

Bidmor Guest
    I could swear I saw a half-grin on Bush's face after the first shoe, before he waived off the SS agent

To me what makes it funny is how Bush reacted...like he was in a dodge ball game and that, to us, they were shoes being thrown and nothing more. In that area of the world, it was a high act of insult and disrespect.

BTW, do they still use machine guns in Chicago?

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by girlnamedfaerie View Post
    Imagine if the shoe actually had struck him?! Holy shit! Hahah.
    Well no doubt any bruises he would have blamed it on a pretzel!
    (A pretzel? Nah. He was drunk at the time or else Laura let him have it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    I agree, if Obama even f**ks up half as much as Bush has I will be line as well with both shoes ready to throw. I somehow doubt that would ever happen though.
    I agree and would respond with both shoes, even though I voted for Obama. There's no way in hell any other President from now until doomsday could screw up as much as this one has. He has good reflexes, though.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jlm709 View Post
    Let me clarify before I become hated.
    I think Bush did the right thing after 9/11.
    OTOH...getting shoes chucked at ya is pretty funny....as long as ya dont get hit.
    Here's a link to pics of dead innocent Afghan children killed by U.S. bombs.
    (Gotta scroll down for it.)
    http://www.theglobalreport.org/issues/147/

And this is from the linked article: "US forces entered their fifth week of military assaults on Afghanistan, leaving a farming village and hospital in ruins and dozens of civilians slaughtered."

Really? It's the right thing to bomb a hospital? This is the US millitary that did this.
    No. Dumbya did NOT do the right thing after 9/11.
    Last edited by GrinReaper; 12-15-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Here's a link to pics of dead innocent Afghan children killed by U.S. bombs.
    (Gotta scroll down for it.)
    http://www.theglobalreport.org/issues/147/

And this is from the linked article: "US forces entered their fifth week of military assaults on Afghanistan, leaving a farming village and hospital in ruins and dozens of civilians slaughtered."

Really? It's the right thing to bomb a hospital? This is the US millitary that did this.
    No. Dumbya did NOT do the right thing after 9/11.
    You are wrong by even thinking that going to war was the right thing.
    It was absolutely the right thing. Afghanistan was the cradle of Muslim terrorism. What should the US have done? Nothing?

There have been no successful terrorist attacks by Muslims on US soil since the invasion of Afghanistan.

Too bad about the civilians, but In war, innocents die. And remember the US didn't start this one. But I hope it'll finish it.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    I'm surprised that so many of you think this incident was funny. I think it's scary. Even if you don't like our President, he's still our President, and incidents like this can spiral into violence - especially in a Middle Eastern country. The man was using his shoe as a weapon to try and hurt Bush...surely most of you don't hate him so much that you wish violence upon him.

If that had been Obama, I think the reaction would have been much different. People would have been appalled. I didn't vote for Obama, nor am I his biggest fan, but I would have been a little freaked out if that happened to him.

But I'm glad GWB can have a sense of humor about the whole thing.

I said it before, and I'll say it again...
    F**K Bush...
    I wish the shoe had left a muddy print on his lying, thieving forehead!
    And, the secret service should be given a raise! Or, they need to find the crack dealer Bush is using, becuase Bush Ducked quicker than Saddam went through that trap door !
    (Yes, I have watched it several times, and fall to the floor each time. But, the doctor has changed my meds lately...)

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    by no means am I say that the violent attach of this mans shoes and odor eaters was appropriate...however it could have been worse....instead of criticizing those of us that think it's funny maybe you should contact the secret service as ask them why they were so slow? They are paid on our dime after all and one of those shoes could have caused some serious damage...oh wait...that damage was already done...snort!

Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    I wish the shoe had left a muddy print on his lying, thieving forehead!
    And, the secret service should be given a raise!

You got to hand it to Bush though - he showed some pretty serious athleticism there. I don't think I could've moved that smoothly

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin638 View Post
    That has nothing at all to do with the President Elect Obama...

People are sick of that drunk asshole, Dubya. We are suffering so much because of the lies he and his friends told the country. And, at first we believed him, until he said that Suddam Hussien had something to do with 9/11...
    Didn't you scratch your head, and wonder what the heck was going on ? What was the connection between Saddam, and Bin Laden ?

We are in the crapper, my friend. And Bush is flushing this country's greatness down the shit filled toilet he calls "Mission Accomplished"
    (P.S.- Can you tell I hate his guts ?)

I must admit, as an outsider I'm a little bit surprised at all the vitriol aimed at Bush. I don't know if he was a good president or a bad one, and either way, it's none of my business. But can't you guys cut him a break? Whatever he did that so upset you is loooong in the past now. He's only got a few more weeks on the job, and then he's unemployed.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    I must admit, as an outsider I'm a little bit surprised at all the vitriol aimed at Bush. I don't know if he was a good president or a bad one, and either way, it's none of my business. But can't you guys cut him a break? Whatever he did that so upset you is loooong in the past now. He's only got a few more weeks on the job, and then he's unemployed.
    You shouldn't really be surprised Dust. There are a lot of angry people here. It isn't just about Afghanistan and not just about Iraq (although those are major players)
    It's about the general disinegration of so much in this country.
    The Bush presidency has been a total wash.
    And what he and his admin did and let happen are not at all in the past.
    We are living the fallout for much of it right now. And we will be living with it for a long, long time.
    People are mad. I keep thinking I am getting over it, and then I see him and it washes over me all over again.

Also, even if you aren't from here, you can have an opinion. Why not?

So no, no breaks, at least not from from me.

RubySlippers Guest
    i never voted for the man and don't approve of much of what he did but i think some of the american public have been so disrespectful of him. i was watching a baseball game that he threw the first pitch at and the crowd BOOED him. i mean, jesus - he's the PRESIDENT. have some respect! i just thought it was so awful. my feelings are he IS on his way out and people should be appreciative of our government and behave. that man throwing shoes at the president was just SO SO disrespectful and without taste. what a fucking bastard.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I don`t agree with anyone throwing a shoe at our pres, my point is, and will be that can anyone blame the glee displayed here.....and I still believe if dude had wanted to clock him one, he could have.....my 11 year old niece throws better than that.....and as far as getting behind Obama, give me a break.....I`ve heard " show me your birth certificate Barry " so many times, I could vomit ......the man hasn`t even taken office yet and a lot of non Obama supporters have got their shots in.....I stood behind Bush ALL the way even though I didn`t vote for him either time.....when in the last 3 years it became clear without a shadow of a doubt, that things were NOT getting better, and things were NEVER going to get any better, than that`s when I`d had enough......do you think I enjoy feeling the way I do about our president......do you think it makes me happy that I get disgusted everytime I see his mug on TV.....well, it doesn`t.....I don`t get up and crap daisies at the thought this country has gone to hell in a handbasket....my only regret is I didn`t speak up sooner.....we feel betrayed.....I FEEL BETRAYED.....Aries had an excellant point in the Obama thread.....yeah, they all do it, but this is one for the record books folks.....just listen to the news.....and it is MY RIGHT AS A TAXPAYER AND A CITIZEN THAT VOTES TO SHOW MY DISPLEASURE WITH ANY ELECTED OFFICIAL AND THAT INCLUDES THE PRESIDENT.....WE-THE-PEOPLE....NOT WE-THE-PRESIDENT..........if Obama goes on to screw us without the benefit of lubricate, then I`ll be the first one throwing my Jimmy Choos

You shouldn't really be surprised Dust. There are a lot of angry people here. It isn't just about Afghanistan and not just about Iraq (although those are major players)
    We are living the fallout for much of it right now. And we will be living with it for a long, long time.
    People are mad. I keep thinking I am getting over it, and then I see him and it washes over me all over again.

No breaks from me, either. He is the worst President in the history of this country. When he's unemployed, he has money to fall back on, stock shares, etc., unlike millions of unemployed people who lost their jobs due to his shitty mishandling of everything!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    I don`t agree with anyone throwing a shoe at our pres, my point is, and will be that can anyone blame the glee displayed here.....and I still believe if dude had wanted to clock him one, he could have.....my 11 year old niece throws better than that.....and as far as getting behind Obama, give me a break.....I`ve heard " show me your birth certificate Barry " so many times, I could vomit ......the man hasn`t even taken office yet and a lot of non Obama supporters have got their shots in.....I stood behind Bush ALL the way even though I didn`t vote for him either time.....when in the last 3 years it became clear without a shadow of a doubt, that things were NOT getting better, and things were NEVER going to get any better, than that`s when I`d had enough......do you think I enjoy feeling the way I do about our president......do you think it makes me happy that I get disgusted everytime I see his mug on TV.....well, it doesn`t.....I don`t get up and crap daisies at the thought this country has gone to hell in a handbasket....my only regret is I didn`t speak up sooner.....we feel betrayed.....I FEEL BETRAYED.....Aries had an excellant point in the Obama thread.....yeah, they all do it, but this is one for the record books folks.....just listen to the news.....and it is MY RIGHT AS A TAXPAYER AND A CITIZEN THAT VOTES TO SHOW MY DISPLEASURE WITH ANY ELECTED OFFICIAL AND THAT INCLUDES THE PRESIDENT.....WE-THE-PEOPLE....NOT WE-THE-PRESIDENT..........if Obama goes on to screw us without the benefit of lubricate, then I`ll be the first one throwing my Jimmy Choos
    You have Jimmy Choos

endsleigh03 Guest
    BTW, I'll be glad when there is some distance gained from him, when he is retired/gone or whatever.

I don't like feeling this way. I wasn't raised like that and it isn't the kind of person I am. Or hope I am.

MorbidMolly Guest
    You have Jimmy Choos
    Yeah...and I could, and would chuck them in a New York minute if I thought it would do any good..............dude is gonna pay for that act for a long time.....my point was, I did support my pres. until said time my ass became chaffed from all the crap being slung at it with no Charmin in sight, I might add......

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Yeah...and I could, and would chuck them in a New York minute if I thought it would do any good..............dude is gonna pay for that act for a long time.....my point was, I did support my pres. until said time my ass became chaffed from all the crap being slung at it with no Charmin in sight, I might add......
    oh honey, you should really not throw your jimmys...

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    oh honey, you should really not throw your jimmys...

LMAOOOOOO.....hubby would kill me.......

Okay Ends...Thanks for the explanation. Not sure that I agree (we've had lots of bad PMs but we dont seem to hate them with the same venom). Like I say, it's none of my business

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i never voted for the man and don't approve of much of what he did but i think some of the american public have been so disrespectful of him. i was watching a baseball game that he threw the first pitch at and the crowd BOOED him. i mean, jesus - he's the PRESIDENT. have some respect! i just thought it was so awful. my feelings are he IS on his way out and people should be appreciative of our government and behave. that man throwing shoes at the president was just SO SO disrespectful and without taste. what a fucking bastard.

If those silly fuckeads in Iraq are reduced to throwing shoes at you, I'd say you've got 'em licked.
    They're just making fools of themselves now.
    As one American just pointed out to me in a PM, if this retard had pulled this stunt during Saddam's reign, he would have been taken out back of the building where the news conference was being held and summarily shot. At best. Let's keep things in perspective here people.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    W has had a rough eight years...I just see no point in kickin him while he is down...he is leaving office and that should be enough to make everyone happy...Don't give him any more crap people...sure, he has made some bad decisions...But I will tell ya this...He didn't do it alone...

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    LMFAO..God that was hilarious! but dang guys got some reflexes!
    He had a lot of experience at dodging things.

Too bad it didn't take place in Holland.

RoRo Guest
    I must say i was very impressed with Bush's ducking/dodging ability

melmoney Guest
    I think the new trend in America is to pass personal responsibility onto our elected officials - including the President. For example, this whole housing crisis is not the fault of GWB, but rather the lenders that allowed people who could not pay their mortgages to buy homes. That is the crux of the bad economy right now, yet everybody wants to find a scapegoat...and of course everyone's favorite scapegoat is Bush.

If you go back into history, we had a lot of social/economical/foreign problems before the Bush Presidency. It's cyclical - similar to the cyclical economy. We historically go through wars, social change, bad economies, foreign affairs, etc. Some President's don't see as much as Bush has, but no doubt, some decisions from past Administrations can later affect the current Administration. Bush had to deal with the worst terrorist attack in history only 8 months after he was inaugarated. Some would argue that Clinton's inactivity to capture and kill Osama bin Laden is partly to fault. But now we see GWB getting blamed for the attack and for taking military action against Al-Quaeda in Afghanistan. As you can see, the phrase "damned if you do, damned if you don't" really applies to GWB here.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    I think the new trend in America is to pass personal responsibility onto our elected officials - including the President. For example, this whole housing crisis is not the fault of GWB, but rather the lenders that allowed people who could not pay their mortgages to buy homes. That is the crux of the bad economy right now, yet everybody wants to find a scapegoat...and of course everyone's favorite scapegoat is Bush.

If you go back into history, we had a lot of social/economical/foreign problems before the Bush Presidency. It's cyclical - similar to the cyclical economy. We historically go through wars, social change, bad economies, foreign affairs, etc. Some President's don't see as much as Bush has, but no doubt, some decisions from past Administrations can later affect the current Administration. Bush had to deal with the worst terrorist attack in history only 8 months after he was inaugarated. Some would argue that Clinton's inactivity to capture and kill Osama bin Laden is partly to fault. But now we see GWB getting blamed for the attack and for taking military action against Al-Quaeda in Afghanistan. As you can see, the phrase "damned if you do, damned if you don't" really applies to GWB here.

Some excellant points made here......I`m sure Obama will be living the " some decisions from past Adminstations can later affect the current Adminstration " for quite some time......I have never seen Bush get balmed for the attacks made on 9/11......I certainly haven`t.....and I have never stated anything remotely derogatory concerning Afganistan.....it`s not Afganistan I have a problem with.........it`s the lies and deciet that led us into Iraq I have a MAJOR problem with.....we historically go through a lot of " changes " in our economy and foreign affairs, but those changes came about by horrid decisions and a mentality that we are always right and never wrong......Bush never gave an inch......his arrogance is staggering......danmed if you do, damned if don`t huh???......how about damned because you sucked this country into a crisis that will go down in history........to not hold our elected officials responsible for the decisions made that have led to this unmitgated mess, is the epitome of fantasy.....did he do it alone, most certainly not.....but most of the decisons made were ultimately made by Bush.....I stand by my post.....if we don`t hold our government responsible, our govenrment that we entrust with the wellfare of this country, then who ???.......that is what a democracy is about people.....IMO he will go down as one of the worst Presidents ever......and we can spin this until doomsday, it will still come out the same.....while he and his cronies have gotten richer and richer off the blood of our militray, the rest of the country has toppled.....he is an inept, irresponsible, arrogant, idiot.....and I am counting the days until Jan. 20th.....I have never been this harsh on the board about Dubya, but I`m venting today.......yes, he should be held accountable.....just like any other president....and this isn`t aimed at you Mel......we will never agree on this, but I respect your opinions.......I just don`t happen to share them

michael d Guest
    I don't think anyone faults Bush for going into Afghanistan. That is where we should have gone and finished. The problem with Afghanistan is that we didn't finish the job in the early 80s. Personally, I believe George W. Bush was handed a shit sandwich. Yet, following the 9/11 attacks he did have the goodwill of the people and IMO was initially given a pass by the media as the country wanted to feel unified. The problem is the way he spent that capital. Instead of working with and listening to all sides, his administration grew arrogant and intolerant of any dissenting opinion. After he got a Republican congress in 2002, he moved further to the right and stayed there. It was his way or the highway. Well, his way was wrong on almost everything he touched. He won't go down as a terrible president for his decisions, every president is going to make wrong decisions. He will go down as a terrible president for having an arrogant administration that felt it was above the law.
    Last edited by michael d; 12-16-2008 at 07:21 AM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    MMM...yeah.
    Clearing up what I said in my other post about Afghanistan.......that is reportedly where Osama hid/hides.

We don't have him, and have no definitive proof that he is dead. Still after all this time, he's not been caught.
    While we were distracted by all the other things (Iraq, for example) he carried on, as did his army of mindless soldiers.

I have no problem with the hunting down of any of them.
    Problem was, he should have been first on the list. And he was, for a little while there after 9/11.

But that got lost in a way and took a back seat to other unecessary things.

Distraction. We didn't need it.

melmoney Guest
    I think the final verdict on whether it was a good idea to go into Iraq or not is still up for debate. I think years from now we will know the right answer. I think it was a great thing for the people of Iraq to get rid of Saddam Hussein, who for 25 years unleashed unspeakable crimes against humanity.

GWB is not solely to "blame" for Iraq War. We must remember that it was Congress that passed Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002. We also know that it was information from the CIA, passed on to Colin Powell, who testified in front of the UN Security Council about WMD and biological weapons, that largely fueled the fire to go into Iraq. As you can see, the line is endless in information that was received and interpreted as reasons to go into Iraq. Yes, GWB is the final decisionmaker, so inevitably he is the face that gets most of the blame, but there are many, many people who are responsible for this.

Snoopy Guest
    It all goes back to GWB and his enormous arrogance..I agree with the earlier posts it was always his way or the highway and he never admitted to making mistakes the only time I'd ever heard him even allude to making some wrong decisions was in a recent interview.

octobersky Guest
    I am just sitting back and listening. Since I used to work in politics this is such a fun debate for me to watch!

Crap, I hate sitting out of a political debate!

I do have to say, Howie is right he didn't do it alone.
    But, he still did it.
    I don't think we have to wait to know what decisions him and his cabinet made were the wrong ones. Look around us.
    Last edited by octobersky; 12-16-2008 at 07:59 AM.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    It all goes back to GWB and his enormous arrogance..I agree with the earlier posts it was always his way or the highway and he never admitted to making mistakes the only time I'd ever heard him even allude to making some wrong decisions was in a recent interview.
    This was from 12-1 this year when Gibson asked him:
    Mr. Gibson: Youâ??ve always said thereâ??s no do-overs as President. If you had one?

Mr. Bush: I donâ??t know â?? the biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the intelligence failure in Iraq. A lot of people put their reputations on the line and said the weapons of mass destruction is a reason to remove Saddam Hussein.

He goes on to say that if Hussein "didn't have WMDs" what would he have done?

Mr. Bush: That is a do-over that I canâ??t do. Itâ??s hard for me to speculate.

Even Bush admits it was a messed up reason for the war.

Snoopy Guest
    Yup! that's the one!

pattykad Guest
    Wow, my laptop battery went dead but Morbid Molly said it all
    before I got to a new computer. I agree 100pct.

We also know that Cheney forced them to cook the books on the
    intelligence reports. It's unknown to me exactly how much
    Powell knew....either way, I've lost respect for him too.
    I am very proud to say that both of my senators voted against the war.

Duster, W is all yours. Why don't you let him run Canada
    for 8 years ? And just for grins and giggles he can out a couple
    of your CIA agents too. Nope, I'm not gonna give Dubya a break.

pvezz Guest
    Allegedly, shoe-thrower's arm was broken:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28252437/

Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    Duster, W is all yours. Why don't you let him run Canada
    for 8 years ? And just for grins and giggles he can out a couple
    of your CIA agents too. Nope, I'm not gonna give Dubya a break.
    Okay Patty. Understood.

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Allegedly, shoe-thrower's arm was broken:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28252437/
    YAY! I wish they'd broken a few other things too...

michael d Guest
    He was severely beaten; his arm and a number of ribs were broken. I'm not sure what other things you would like to have seen broken. He now stands to serve 2-7 years in prison. What he did should not be tolerated. Unanswered, it sets a bad precedent. The beating was also wrong. If someone came into your country (with good intentions) without any real plan or deep consideration of the consequences and left it a war zone, I'm guessing you might be a little pissed off. The frustration of Muntadhar al-Zaidi, I would guess, represents the frustration of many Iraqis. So when you have a newly formed government (with the backing of that well intended entity) tolerate or participate in the beating of someone who represents the frustrations of many. . . its probably not a good idea. Its also a bad precedent. It makes a bad situation even worse.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    He was severely beaten; his arm and a number of ribs were broken. I'm not sure what other things you would like to have seen broken. He now stands to serve 2-7 years in prison. What he did should not be tolerated. Unanswered, it sets a bad precedent. The beating was also wrong. If someone came into your country (with good intentions) without any real plan or deep consideration of the consequences and left it a war zone, I'm guessing you might be a little pissed off. The frustration of Muntadhar al-Zaidi, I would guess, represents the frustration of many Iraqis. So when you have a newly formed government (with the backing of that well intended entity) tolerate or participate in the beating of someone who represents the frustrations of many. . . its probably not a good idea. Its also a bad precedent. It makes a bad situation even worse.
    Well that said it all for me

hes just a figurehead
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RubySlippers Guest
    i bet it isn't true.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    hes just a figurehead
    They all are sweetie.....the real power lies elsewhere