Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Simpsons

I love The Simpsons, I still prefer the old-school seasons, but I still will always love them.

And I watched the 20th anniversary special last night as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiFan27 View Post
    I watch every episode of Family Guy, Southpark and Simpsons. I laugh at all of them. The one I laugh at the most is Southpark. What they get away with is amazing. Cartman is one of the best cartoon characters ever.

Yes.

DaniZ Guest
    I like The Simpsons, but not as much as I like Futurama. Family Guy is OK sometimes, sometimes it gets on my nerves.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    If you wanna see cartoon characters naked theres plenty of websites out there for that. They are fucking hilarious. Too bad I cant post some links.
    Yup. I know what ya mean Ich.

I can't find Maggie in the above montage. Has anyone seen her?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    In the lower right.
    Above Daredevil Dude and next to Disco Dude.

Taggerez Guest
    The Simpsons was funny, but it has gone long past it's exparation date. King of the Hill was the king of minimalist humor wringing an incredible amount of humor and insight out of very simple situations.

Family Guy is on the same level as the old "pull my finger" gag.

RodeoQueen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    In the lower right.
    You mean Disco Stu? I love him! Almost as cool as Duffman

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    In the lower right.
    Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blurgle Guest
    I don't mind The Simpsons, but I don't like Family Guy. I'd like to firebomb South Park. Hate it with the fire of a thousand suns.

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    I can't find Troy McClure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    I can't find Troy McClure.
    Thats not the complete image. Here it is (hes in the pink sweatet bottom left next to Reverend Lovejoy):
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Thats not the complete image. Here it is (hes in the pink sweatet bottom left next to Reverend Lovejoy):
    Saw him, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

My late aunt's ex used to watch The Simpsons and flog the hog. That's when I knew why I didn't like him.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Nancy Cartwright-Voice of Bart Simpson

Nancy Cartwright — the actress who has given a voice to animated baddie Bart Simpson for more than 20 years – is being sued for $260,000 by an insurance company that claims its client was forced into bankruptcy as a result of Cartwright’s fiance committing suicide before his construction company was able to complete a job for them.

Don’t you just hate when people have the audacity to drop dead without prior notice?

Cartwright was devastated when her partner Stephen Brackett took his own life in May 2009. Now she’s facing legal action from executives at the American Safety Casualty Insurance Company (ASCIC) over a policy which was taken out to cover Brackett’s refurbishment work on a restaurant, which he failed to complete before his death.

Nancy’s late fiance, Stephen Brackett ran a construction company that was hired to do work for the Church of Scientology.

Nancy agreed to cover the costs if anything went wrong. Brackett committed suicide and the Church of Scientology (which they were both members) had to pay $260,000 to complete the project. Apparently Nancy is not holding up to her end of the deal because they are going after her for the $260,000. All the years she’s been saying “eat my shorts” on behalf of Bart Simpson’s character, you’d think she’d have the dough!
    Last edited by coconn04; 09-23-2010 at 06:20 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Pat MaGroin Guest

Matt Groening Bart Picture

Here is a Bart Simpson drawing that Matt Groening made for me (yep, my real name is Paul) on June 19, 1993.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SimpsonsMattGroening.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	29546  

Pat MaGroin Guest

Simpsons Episodes With Nuclear Meltdown Jokes Banned In 3 Countries

Nuclear no-d'oh: Episodes of The Simpsons which joke about reactor meltdowns banned in Germany, Switzerland and Austria
    Episodes of The Simpsons which feature jokes about nuclear meltdowns have been banned in a number of countries - as a reaction to the disaster currently unfolding in Japan.

German channel Pro7 was the first to act, vowing to screen footage from the popular cartoon series to make sure episodes which make light of nuclear crises are not aired for the time being.

Austria's ORF and Switzerland's SF networks have also done the same.

Homer Simpson handling a radioactive rod. TV stations in Germany, Switzerland and Austria have said they will screen episodes of The Simpsons to make sure they do not air footage which jokes about nuclear meltdowns
    ORF has used the most extreme censorship so far, banning a total of eight episodes until a review at the end of April, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

An episode which features scientists Marie and Pierre Curie dying of radiation poisoning and another which has jokes about a nuclear meltdown are among those that have been cut. Homer Simpson works at Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, where safety regulations are notoriously slack.
    He works as a Nuclear Safety Inspector, and constantly falls asleep and neglects his duties.
    The Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, where safety regulations are notoriously slack. The plant has come close to a meltdown several times and blown up at least once

Homer works as a Nuclear Safety Inspector, and constantly neglects his duties, resulting in danger of nuclear disaster

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-Austria.html#

I recall instances in which two separate episodes of The Simpsons were edited in reruns because they featured the World Trade Center and an office building in NYC collapsing after being hit by a missile.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

KarmaKat Guest

Sono more ad's like this then?

Lisa's first word episode was on tonight with Elizabeth Taylor's guest voice. Classic!

radiojane Guest
    I turn into a high school teacher every time my bf and I watch this show. He never gets the references. No idea who Ayn Rand was. Had never seen "A Letter to Three Wives", just a few of the examples I can think of right off the top of my head. It drives me nuts when he thinks that they're making an original joke, or worse he doesn't get the humor because he has no idea what they're making light of.

Same thing with family guy. I about died laughing when they had Bing Crosby come in with his sack of oranges. Bf had no idea who he was or what the joke was.

Harry Shearer is leaving the show. He provides voices for a huge number of characters, including Mr. Burns, Smithers, Principal Skinner and Ned Flanders.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists...cters-20150514
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    I love The Simpsons, I still prefer the old-school seasons, but I still will always love them.

And I watched the 20th anniversary special last night as well.
    I so agree, love the show.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Harry Shearer is leaving the show. He provides voices for a huge number of characters, including Mr. Burns, Smithers, Principal Skinner and Ned Flanders.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists...cters-20150514
    Sad to see him leave.

Since H.S. is leaving. And, they will replace the voices of my favorite characters (Flanders and Smithers) I'm done.

I'll still be a fan of old school Simpsons. And, watch it...and play Tapped Out of course. But, I just cannot hear anyone else do those voices. It's gonna be painful.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fishhead View Post
    Since H.S. is leaving. And, they will replace the voices of my favorite characters (Flanders and Smithers) I'm done.

I'll still be a fan of old school Simpsons. And, watch it...and play Tapped Out of course. But, I just cannot hear anyone else do those voices. It's gonna be painful.
    Is he definitely leaving then? I thought they were trying to reach a settlement?

People can be replaced, voice actors must
    know this to be true.

Sad news Russi Taylor (1944-2019) has died
    she was the voice of Martin Prince on the Simpsons.