Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11181920

Thread: Are you famous/related/friends with a celebrity?

I am related to the greatest Ace of WWI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manfred_von_Richthofen . (hence the last 2 letters of my nick)
    The family is an old Prussian noble family whose title "Freiherr"a German Baron is part of the family name. Unfortunately this is not recognised in The Netherlands so we are no longer "nobility"

On a personal note, I spent 2 terms as a Councillor in my city's council and professionally I have made some name, even being interviewed for a few professional magazines
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    One of my most cherished friends mom is Donna Kerness. Not very famous but she was in many of the Kuchar Brothers films in the 60s. She is the most awseomely diminutive but gorgeous New York Jewish ladies you could ever have the pleasure of knowing. In of of George Kuchars movies "Hold Me While I'm Naked", she has a nude shower scene with my friends (and Donnas exhusband) dad, Hopeton Morris (who was a minor fashion designer from New York). John Waters has stated she is one of his favorite actresses from the 60s. When we were teens and totally fucked up on strips of acid she always seemed to appear out of nowhere and just stare us down (of course she new - her gaze was more terrifying than any counseling or punishment or threat she could conjure - she new that and used it to optimum effect).
    She was also a model for George Segals plaster sculptures in the 60s:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	segal21.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	51403

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0252515/...?ref_=tt_ov_pl
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    I am related to the greatest Ace of WWI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manfred_von_Richthofen . (hence the last 2 letters of my nick)
    The family is an old Prussian noble family whose title "Freiherr"a German Baron is part of the family name. Unfortunately this is not recognised in The Netherlands so we are no longer "nobility"

On a personal note, I spent 2 terms as a Councillor in my city's council and professionally I have made some name, even being interviewed for a few professional magazines
    That's cool about the Red Baron connection. You can take comfort in the fact that those old titles mean next to nothing in Germany now as well.

Over the summer, I have garnered a small amount of local fame as a musician - mainly through busking. It is kind of a funny feeling to walk through the streets (sans banjo) and a dozen people greet you by name who you don't know from Adam. It's kind of nice, but makes for awkward conversations. It's just enough to make we wonder what life must be like for people who are really stars and can't go shopping unless they are incognito.

If celebrities were clever and really cared what we write about them here, they would all join the forum and we couldn't write anything mean about them without being in violation of the rules.

She was also a model for George Segals plaster sculptures in the 60s:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	segal21.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	51403

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0252515/...?ref_=tt_ov_pl

That movie is available on youtube.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post

That movie is available on youtube.
    I cant find it can you give me a link?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Tntina Guest
    7 degrees of separation brushes with fame - We're friends with Dolly's BFF/Manager. Also good friends with Auburn's head basketball coach. One of my friends dated Tim McGraw in high school, another fondly remembers "going off to college" with him. Another was engaged to Kenny Chesney - back when he was first starting out - she is in one of his videos - kind of weird - she's in a wedding gown... husband met Michael Keaton in the airport in Salt Lake City - I met Jack Scalia when he was filming a tv series in my hometown - producers used my office building for a movie scene. He sure was pretty then!

YT has been yanking a lot of movies, I've noticed for quite some time. I would Google it and see f you can find it somewhere else other than youtube.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Rosebud666 Guest
    I found in YouTube just by searching on the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I found in YouTube just by searching on the title.
    I still cant find it can you post the link for me?

Regardless here is her webpage with links to some of her movies.
    http://donnakerness.com/photo-gallery.html
    Last edited by ichabodius; 08-30-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Rosebud666 Guest
    I still cant find it can you post the link for me?

Regardless here is her webpage with links to some of her movies.
    http://donnakerness.com/photo-gallery.html
    Ask and you shall receive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QL3yU3fyxo

Weird little movie, but I definitely would not have minded holding her while she was naked.

No famous friends or family members, but Hubs is a distant relative of Phil Harris the original voice of Baloo from The Jungle Book.
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Ask and you shall receive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QL3yU3fyxo

Weird little movie, but I definitely would not have minded holding her while she was naked.
    Thanks but that is not the footage :House of the White People" from "Unstrap Me".

I am not related to anybody famous.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I am as obscure as you can get. I am however related to so many notable figures from history it's nutty! Three of my grandparents are: (1) Thomas Dudley, Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony (2) John Proctor, Salem Witch Trials of 1692 (3) Milton Bradley, American board game pioneer.
    I could list more (including deceased and living film stars and writers) but it would feel too much like bragging. My awesome sister is the family genealogist and I have to say, she's really great at it.
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

Not friends with him, or anything like that, but I hung out once with Kelly Reno, the kid (well he was a kid back then) who starred in the movie the "Black Stallion." We spent a few hours watching Bruce Lee movies.

Oh no, Amy died? I used to watch GH back in the 80s. I later became a nurse and when we had a bad shift now and then, I would sarcastically complain that "Well I wanted to be like Amy on General Hospital, and walk around with a clipboard and gossip all day, instead of having to (insert crappy nursing duty here)."

I'm in a way related to two people that you probably wouldn't know unless you were from the UK.

My uncle married the snooker player Stephen Hendry's aunt so it's more a related through marriage kind of thing. I met him quite a few times and he is really as boring as people say he is and an arrogant prick. He had to come pick my uncle and his wife up once from my nana's and made it clear the whole time he wasn't happy being there. He ended up cheating on his wife who was lovely and had supported him since before he was famous for some young tart who would never be interested if it wasn't for his money....seriously watching paint drying would be a better time than talking to him. He has the personality of a plank of wood...that's been warped too many times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hendry

Then my aunt used to be married to the English singer Jaki Graham's brother and had two children with him. She's had mixed success and while her voice was okay, it wasn't great. I never met her but my aunt said she was pretty cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaki_Graham

When I was in jail, one of the girls claimed to be related to Kevin Costner. Not sure how true that was, she claimed to be a distant cousin. She did have the same last name.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by Asmedious View Post
    Oh no, Amy died? I used to watch GH back in the 80s. I later became a nurse and when we had a bad shift now and then, I would sarcastically complain that "Well I wanted to be like Amy on General Hospital, and walk around with a clipboard and gossip all day, instead of having to (insert crappy nursing duty here)."
    I know. Heartbreaking. She had a sad end. I didn't know until about 2 years ago I believe it was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Larry Bird is a super nice guy. He does a lot for children in need. When he was on break from the Celtics years ago he and his wife drove into the hills of Martin County to meet a friends elderly parents. We had a blast, even though he was a few years older than me in school he still remembered my name.

jjropes23 Guest
    Allegedly Betsy Ross is my great (x7 or 8) aunt on my maternal grandmothers side...

Yeah, why not? Celebs get bored, but don't dare identify who they actually are, because, let's face it, one slip of the tongue could ruin a career, as the comedian and comic actor of the series, Friends, found out. Hope he saved most of his earnings from that show. In fact, I'm sure I know the celeb who posted on another board I'm a member of, because I was watching a talk show and heard this lady utter almost word-for-word her opinion on the Ebola scare, and I mean not just a sentence, but a whole paragraph, as though reproduced from that forum

Does living next door to a Serial Killer qualify for this topic?.................

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Does living next door to a Serial Killer qualify for this topic?.................
    Oh, give us details, please!

My husband went to high school with Tony Kanaan, Indy car racer.

A relative of my father-in-law was tied to a tree in his front yard by Bonnie & Clyde here in Texas. They still have the rope in the family.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Rosebud666 Guest
    If I ever get truly famous, I am going to be a cool celebrity. You're all invited to come backstage to my dressing room / trailer after the show! And I'm going to instantly recognize anybody who I used to go to school with - kindergarten through grad school. LOL

Like I'm ever going to have one of those - a paid gig I mean.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    This dude is my dad

If I ever get truly famous, I am going to be a cool celebrity. You're all invited to come backstage to my dressing room / trailer after the show! And I'm going to instantly recognize anybody who I used to go to school with - kindergarten through grad school. LOL

Like I'm ever going to have one of those - a paid gig I mean.
    That would be soooooooo awesome!!!
    Minerva

Introvert Guest
    I know a couple... both British but I'm fairly sure at least somewhat famous Stateside too. My father is married to the half-sister of one of Britain's leading sportsmen. He might not be a name in the USA on his own but his popstar ex is. Known him since he was about 11 or 12, I think? He was alright, always friendly enough to me for an "older kid" but he always had quite the ego, even then. It doesn't help that he was something of a "wonderkid" in his sport, and thus had people fawning over him from childhood. Once he made the big time he mostly moved on and the family only see him once or twice a year now. I haven't seen him he was famous. I was always much closer to his little brother, but sadly once big bro made the big time I wasn't good enough for him!

The other is a British actor who made it big playing an American on a big time US teen drama. He was an old acquaintance (friend of a friend, really) of my brother but they had lost contact after he moved to the States. For a few years I actually lodged at my brothers' place and it was around this time he came to visit and they stayed up all night jamming. I was a bit too shy to go downstairs! He did, however, fly back to the UK later on specifically to attend my brothers' wedding where I had a brief chat. Again, somewhat full of himself but very friendly, genuinely funny and took it upon himself to tease me for not joining them downstairs when he stopped round. He gave them a wedding card and when they opened it a few days later, about £500 ($850 or so?) in cash fell out.

Anyway, I haven't named them so I could be honest about them, but I've made it as obvious as I can.

I don't know if anyone remembers this man. This was my uncle. My dad was also a comedy writer and wrote for Pat and the Smothers Brothers.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnclePat1.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	52718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnclePat2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	52719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnclePat3.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	52720   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnclePat4.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	52721  

I totally remember him Moonmaid!!
    Minerva

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmaid23 View Post
    I don't know if anyone remembers this man. This was my uncle. My dad was also a comedy writer and wrote for Pat and the Smothers Brothers.
    Wow . . . how cool is that!?

People of a certain age have to remember Pat Paulsen. Damn shame he can't run again in 2016 - he might actually win this time.

I went to school with Renee Lawless - who stars as Katheryn Cryer on "The Haves and the Have Nots". I have no gossip, really. She knew she wanted to be an actress and a singer (she's got some pipes) even back then. She was a talker as was I, so our table mate in Mrs Scherer's honors English class (Sandalwood High - Jax, FL - 1979) used to regularly tell us to shut up.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

qulevergrrl Guest
    I grew up as a major star effer...not literally, more a superfan. One of my very close relatives with whom I shared this obsession now works with celebs and has become friends with several. So now none of us can talk about those people. We can't even joke. It really took all of the fun out of everything. You'd think it would have made things more fun. Sure now I can go visit her and there is a 100% chance I will run into a B and C lister. There is a fair chance I'll see an A lister. But Lord forbid she ever figures out I'm talking about it on here. Or if she ever figures out my screen name, etc. We are both so old now, and it just isn't fun anymore. I'm even two degrees of sep from our president, but I don't know any of them. I became friends, real friends with Alvin Lee of Ten Years After before he passed. My grandfather was a celeb, my high school boyfriend invented Java, my college boyfriend was close with the drummer Ginger Baker, but man that dude was blasted on heroin. He could barely speak. He was annoyed by me. I had the pleasure of firing the band Dramarama when the lead singer threw a beer bottle at a student. I was in charge of granting alcohol permits to bands on that campus. Oh yeah! I was Kelly Grey, the model and one of the top female CEO's in the U.S., I was her personal assistant right out of college. I met Hilary through her. That was before Hilary was as, I don't know, untrustworthy. I

Little Chief Guest
    I'm friends with a famous Australian guy, Tim Ferguson (Don't Forget Your Toothbrush, Doug Anthony All Stars fame) and somewhere down the line I'm related to Ned Kelly.

I do a lot of sober companioning here in the LA area so, yes, I know and am quite friendly with many people you've heard off. Years from now, I'll write my book!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Does royalty count? I have finger prince. HAH HAH HAH Finger prince I kill me sometimes.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by tensecondstolove View Post
    I've met assloads of celebrities in my time. That would be cool though to think there was one on here!
    I so agree with this.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

My ex husband lived with Charleze Theron, before she became famous, my husband went to high school with Julianne Moore, my mom hung out with Tom Petty and his sister, my grandma lived two doors down from John Mellencamp and his parents, my aunt is friends and hair dresser of Reba and dolly and know Garth Brooks, and members of the band Alabama.

I said in an earlier post about being related to some people through marriage but someone I used to go to school/was friends with Craig McEwan the Scottish boxer who I was a year above. It's funny because the same people who claim to have always known he would make it are the ones I remember back at school laughing about all the training he did saying it was pointless as he would never make it. I honestly don't know how he coped because he was at it every spare second and his dad made sure he never slacked off but it payed off as he has had 29 fights and won 23 of them, 10 by KO and represented Scotland in the Commonwealth Games.

I'm friends with Sarah Hester Ross. Not only is she TikTok famous, she performs in Las Vegas 4 nights a week, has been on "America's Got Talent" albeit briefly (NOT her fault, she had all four yeses). She will also pick up extra shows here and there in Vegas. She had a one-woman comedy show she was performing weekly in Vegas, but it's on hiatus for the holidays. It was supposed to be only through September, but was wildly popular and was extended through October...then November....now there's very tentative talks of taking it on the road.

Here's an example of her work:

"Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

cyberslammer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i am cousins w/ bruce jenner & robert duvall, tho i have never met them~
    2007 poster…boy do I have something to tell you from the future.