Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Serial Killers

the jim belushi movie on this case is a great movie~ good enough for me to search & find & buy the magazine that ran the story that the movie was based on~

there was alot to point away from wayne williams, enough to put me on the fence about his guilt~

Here's a bit on the Atlanta Child Murders tv movie that came out in 1985. It scared the shit out of me as a youngling...as did "Adam"...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088750/

I would like to add that Rip Torn starred in this...

Saw a paint kit that belonged to John Wayne Gacy at the Crime Museum in DC

Someone in this thread commented that there aren't many black serial killers. I can think of two. Derrick Todd Lee, who I believe was from Louisiana, and killed white women and Maury Travis (can't remember where he was from) who killed black prostitutes. I didn't know if anyone on here had ever heard of them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Saw a paint kit that belonged to John Wayne Gacy at the Crime Museum in DC

I have got to check that place out the next time I'm in DC. I walked past the area a couple of years ago, I think it was still under construction. Your pic of Bundy's VW really gave me the creeps. I had no idea it was in a museum.

Quote Originally Posted by mammyofthree View Post
    Someone in this thread commented that there aren't many black serial killers. I can think of two. Derrick Todd Lee, who I believe was from Louisiana, and killed white women and Maury Travis (can't remember where he was from) who killed black prostitutes. I didn't know if anyone on here had ever heard of them before.
    Don't forget the D.C. / Beltway snipers.

Yes, Jack-O-Lantern I forgot about them, and their crimes weren't really that long ago. People who are evil enough to murder total strangers for no reason scare the crap out of me! At least we don't have to worry about John Allen Muhammed(sp?) ever hurting anyone else again. I'm sure he is roasting in hell as we speak!

Here is a story about a black serial killer in Charlotte NC. I remember when all this was going on.
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...preface_1.html

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

"Wayne Williams claims that when he was 18 and just out of high school, he was initiated into a secret world."

A secret world known as Crazy Town.

All of these fruit loops seem to have these ego fever dreams and we're all supposed to respond, 'Oh, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, he was trained by the CIA. It now makes such perfect sense why he started picking random people off. Aren't we just so stupid for not realizing how much smarter he is than the rest of us! We should bow down and be his fucking whack-a-moles!'

Fuck him and his fruit loops.

"There will be no spectacular ending for this mess when it happens " (Mansfield67, 2019).

I believe its within the realm of probability that some susceptible people have been programmed to kill to create terror among the populace. John Hinckley had a double(Edward Richardson) with the same Jodie Foster obsession plans to kill Reagan and travel agenda. Interestingly enough the Hinckley family are great friends with the Bush family.
    http://wapedia.mobi/en/John_Hinckley
    http://www.nogw.com/download/2005_bushyknoll.pdf

The two Hinckleys shared many similarities with Mark David Chapman.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

There is always someone trying to put those types of pieces together for the public in an effort to garner sympathy for killers.

I loves me some conspiracy whatnots though. They're fun! Lemme see if I can find that doozy I ran across awhile back. If I do, I'll post it on your profile.

"There will be no spectacular ending for this mess when it happens " (Mansfield67, 2019).

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    There is always someone trying to put those types of pieces together for the public in an effort to garner sympathy for killers.

I loves me some conspiracy whatnots though. They're fun! Lemme see if I can find that doozy I ran across awhile back. If I do, I'll post it on your profile.
    Please do!
    I dont think its an attempt to garner sympathy for these people as much as it is a search for an explanation for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I believe its within the realm of probability that some susceptible people have been programmed to kill to create terror among the populace. John Hinckley had a double(Edward Richardson) with the same Jodie Foster obsession plans to kill Reagan and travel agenda. Interestingly enough the Hinckley family are great friends with the Bush family.
    http://wapedia.mobi/en/John_Hinckley
    http://www.nogw.com/download/2005_bushyknoll.pdf

The two Hinckleys shared many similarities with Mark David Chapman.
    I'm just saying, but if anyone was programed kill it would be Sirhan Sirhan.

Carlton Gary, who strangled elderly ladies in Columbus, Georgia, also claimed an alter ego did it.

Wayne Williams is full of shit. Still, some people in Atlanta do not believe he killed anyone, but was railroaded because LE needed an arrest and he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't buy that. I believe he killed the adults, but someone else killed the kids. Too much info pointing that way. Plus, after he was arrested, the killing continued, but LE ignored any talk of the "real child killer" still on the loose.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-13-2010 at 02:40 AM.

Please do!
    I dont think its an attempt to garner sympathy for these people as much as it is a search for an explanation for their actions.
    Yeah, I think that's a big part of it too. Although to me, the explanation = they're crazy. Talking dogs, vehement zombie sex slave necromancers just are not on every corner in Reality Town.

One of John Hinckley's cousins is married to my aunt. No ties with the Bush family for them. Emory worked for Wal-Mart until he was injured on the job, and later fired for missing too much work due to his injury.

A good book about Atlanta's Missing and Murdered Children is The List by
    Chet Dettlinger and Jeff Pugh.Dettlinger was on the scene investigating the killings. It's a good read and very informative. You can find it on amazon.com.

Carlton Gary, who strangled elderly ladies in Columbus, Georgia, also claimed an alter ego did it.
    I recently read a book called, "Happy New Year- Ted" that makes a case that Bundy committed most of those crimes. Also the "Forces of Evil" murders. Lots of spelling and grammar errors per page! It is worth it for the sheer volume of logic jumps the authors make. Case in point: it couldn't have been Gary who killed one woman beause there were two cars in the driveway, a Cadillac and a station wagon. The station wagon was stolen. The authors say that if Gary was the killer, he would have taken the Caddy. They believe that Bundy took it because he had his bike with him.

My other favorite piece is that they say he painted blank keys white and threw them up on the jail roof, where he later retreived them. He used the blanks to make keys to his cell door so that he could escape and commit killings to make his case stronger.

The Top 10 Songs About Serial Killers

I was watching Evil, I and it was on Charles Cullen.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s..._cullen/1.html

A guy just starting working on our dept, sits one cube over...looks exactly like Dennis Radar. I call him BTK.........spooky. I don't think I can never not look at him and think serial killer........

I used to work with a guy who looked like Charles Manson, right down to the evil eyes. Spooky.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I used to work with a guy who looked like Charles Manson, right down to the evil eyes. Spooky.
    Wonder what ol' Uncle Charlie would talk about at the watercooler? lol.

I dated a girl in my teens that had an uncle who looked like CM. He was in prison for years too. He came to her grandmothers house one day and it was uncanny. He was a strange guy also not like prison strange but like might hump a goat strange. I actually work with his son now and found out the guy went back to prison a few years ago.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

"Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

Thanks for posting! I would have never otherwise heard of Sufjan Stevens or his song "John Wayne Gacy Jr." Stevens seems like a fascinating figure.

I think serial killers - or murderers in general - are an excellent songwriting subject. Some day I'd like to finish a song idea I have, based on a true experience my friend had. Years ago, he was at some greasy 24-hour diner in Cincinnati in the dead of night, and the only other customers were these two middle-aged gals, rough around the edges, chain-smoking at a nearby booth. My friend didn't mean to eavesdrop on their conversation, but he'll never forget the gravelly voice of one complaining to the other, "He's just pissed cuz I know where the body is." Can you imagine being in the middle of your peach pie and hearing THAT!?
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    He was a strange guy also not like prison strange but like might hump a goat strange.
    Heh! I like your classification system!

1) Prison strange
    2) Might-hump-a-goat strange
    3) ...do you have any others?
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

He was a strange guy also not like prison strange but like might hump a goat strange. I actually work with his son now and found out the guy went back to prison a few years ago.
    I don't know what more of "strange" can be after this.

Well you have "might hump a goat strange" and then "will hump a goat strange" and don't forget "did hump a goat strange" .

"Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

Here's another that's not on the list.

And because I saw mention of Susan Smith in your signature, Mirror, here's another.

Thanks, snow! Wow, creepy stuff...I especially like the use of kazoo on a song about Ed Gein

I love Blind Melon, they're one of my favorite bands. When they played it live on one of the albums I have, they had the audience kazoo with them =P.

Well you have "might hump a goat strange" and then "will hump a goat strange" and don't forget "did hump a goat strange" .

Reminds me of the scene from "40-Year-Old Virgin" where the Best Buy guy gets pissed and goes off on the goat-f*cking rant.

I never realized that this many songs about serial killers existed. I'm not sure why it never occurred to me as its an excellent means of expression. Thanks for the link.

Cloris Leachman.

Israel Keyes: The Traveling Serial Killer

"Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

I had heard of the missing barista but didn't know all the details. Thanks for sharing!

Good find. I'm glad this bastard killed himself but I wish they could've gotten more information out of him first. I'll be watching this to see what else they will release in the future.

Cloris Leachman.

I've heard of the girl, I didn't know they caught the killer. Crazy! Too bad he wasn't beaten to death in prison.
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

~Layne Staley

I have never heard of this guy before. It always creeps me out when I hear about a body being dismembered. Ugh, how can people do that? It makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

I have a hard enough time on vacation because I'm always thinking about all of the laundry and cleaning I'll have to do when I get back. I can't imagine being on a cruise and the whole time in the back of my mind thinking "that girl is going to take forever to cut up."

"Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

That would be a hell of a thing running around in your mind while being on vacation.

I remember when she went missing that with the few details they let us know that I knew it wasnt going to look good. I live about 10min away from the coffee stand she was working at, and about 30min from where they found her body.

Professional Thread-Killer

Israel Keyes has killed himself in prison. This Link from the Juneau Newspaper has the details. He needs to be put in the Death category. Can't think of a better place for him. Horrifying.

I just found out some cool information. I was reading about the Harpe brothers. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpe_brothers when I realized that the younger of the two was hanged at place called Gallow's field. It's located near the now forgotten town of Old Greenville Mississippi. While researching the location I realized that it's roughly 24 miles north of Natchez along the Natchez Trace. I own land in the area. The exit to this property is at the 24 mile marker. My land is approximately .25 or 1/4 miles from the Natchez Trace. The old town itself is a little further down the Trace. Nothing stands on the site today but I've known about it for years. I did not know that one of America's first serial killers was hanged right next to my property though. I also own land in Natchez. Just a short distance through the woods from my home in Natchez is the old hangman's tree. It's the site of most formal executions in Natchez. How the hell did I end up owning property next to two different execution spots? Whatever the case I think it's kinda cool.
    Last edited by McMorbid; 08-28-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Cloris Leachman.

Tommy Lynn Sells executed this evening:
    http://www.kens5.com/news/Tommy-Lynn...253812671.html

Good riddance to him! He's a special form of lowlife being a child killer and all. Sad it took 14 yrs to do it.

Tommy Lynn Sells executed this evening:
    http://www.kens5.com/news/Tommy-Lynn...253812671.html
    I read an interview on abc news about this/him last night (that I can no longer find wth!) this was one scary guy. There is ONE surviving victim of this guy it's a little girl who was sleeping over at a little girls house that he murdered and she was in the top bunk above her and watched him kill her friend and then he was leaving the room and looked back and saw her for the first time. he walked over to her and told her to move her hands (she was covering her throat I guess) and she did and he sliced her throat but missed the artery only cut her windpipe. She pretended to be dead and he left the room. after a few minutes she went for help. when asked about her he said he thinks about her everyday and that she's the one who got away. Sick bastard.