Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Serial Killers

Attached Images Attached Images
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

Have you noticed

That the age of serial killers is completely over and there are no more serial killers with sensational names (The Night Stalker, Bundy, Gehn, Dahmer, BTK, Zodiac, Unabomber, John Wayne Gacy).While those famous cases are indeed tragic, crimes in modern day sense have completely out shadowed crimes of the past. It feels as though there is only faceless terrorism now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    That the age of serial killers is completely over and there are no more serial killers with sensational names (The Night Stalker, Bundy, Gehn, Dahmer, BTK, Zodiac, Unabomber, John Wayne Gacy).While those famous cases are indeed tragic, crimes in modern day sense have completely out shadowed crimes of the past. It feels as though there is only faceless terrorism now.
    Not right now there aren't, and I agree it's because the media is all wrapped up in terrorists and domestic violence.

Its happening so fast the media doesn't have time to come up with names.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Its happening so fast the media doesn't have time to come up with names.
    There's that. I read years ago there were at least five serial killers hunting in every major city. I don't want to think what that count is today. Crime is up everywhere. I mean there are shootout on Main Street in my hometown and they just nabbed a serial rapist--in Btown, now. And it wouldn't surprise me if a serial killer raises it's head.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    There's that. I read years ago there were at least five serial killers hunting in every major city. I don't want to think what that count is today. Crime is up everywhere. I mean there are shootout on Main Street in my hometown and they just nabbed a serial rapist--in Btown, now. And it wouldn't surprise me if a serial killer raises it's head.
    With the current state of the world serial killers are not having the same media impact. In one week we have had multiple shootings, a terrorist murdering dozens of people with a truck and mass stabbings on a train. Many people are constantly in a heightened state of fear, given that it usually takes time to establish that a serial is at work, they will just become another cog in the machine.
    I never was the girl next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    With the current state of the world serial killers are not having the same media impact. In one week we have had multiple shootings, a terrorist murdering dozens of people with a truck and mass stabbings on a train. Many people are constantly in a heightened state of fear, given that it usually takes time to establish that a serial is at work, they will just become another cog in the machine.
    You're right about this. With these terrorist attacks and now the attacks on police officers, it seems like the serial killers have to take a back seat. I'm sure they're still being investigated but the media seems to have shifted focus on the other killers. I'm not saying that what they're focusing on isn't important, it obviously affects us all; however, the families being impacted by serial killers are in no less pain than the families of other victims. These victims deserve the same focus and attention as they used to receive.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I think you're right. What better time for these guys to remain under the radar because as I said in my response to Nimbus above, the focus for serial killers and their victims from media and police, etc., is no longer front page or top priority and that's just not right. What history has shown us when it comes to murders of police officers, all other investigations will cease when the police is trying to find cop killers. That's not just because they are giving fellow officers priority (which is understandable) but they figure if someone is going to go after police officers, no one else is safe because the killers of cops usually want to go out in a blaze of glory so they can get their fame.
    Minerva

Doesn't feel like serial killings and there's no style to them anymore it's either just shoot or blow people up. There are no more crimes in the macabre.

I don't wish death upon anyone but if there is a serial killer in the area and they discover where the victims have been kept, I want the face of the first responder as they enter the room to be like this

I must be out of my mind by saying this or maybe this is my morbid side talking.

Doesn't feel like serial killings and there's no style to them anymore it's either just shoot or blow people up. There are no more crimes in the macabre.

I don't wish death upon anyone but if there is a serial killer in the area and they discover where the victims have been kept, I want the face of the first responder as they enter the room to be like this

I must be out of my mind by saying this or maybe this is my morbid side talking.
    What we have been seeing lately is mass murdering not serial killing. Driving a truck into a crowd of people is entirely different to a serial killers MO. There is not the psychological gratification in killing a bunch of people in a spree that there is in the way that most serial killers operate, no element of testing oneself, getting away with it or evading capture and that's before you even factor in any sexual element. It's just entirely different. I don't find it morbid, I find it fascinating. The compulsion to kill again and again, and the incredibly complex reasons that some serials give for why they do it will never cease to interest me. Some poor deluded fool who has been brainwashed into acting on behalf of a terrorist organization just doesn't have the same interest. I know their motivation no matter how they try and dress it up.
    I never was the girl next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    What we have been seeing lately is mass murdering not serial killing. Driving a truck into a crowd of people is entirely different to a serial killers MO. There is not the psychological gratification in killing a bunch of people in a spree that there is in the way that most serial killers operate, no element of testing oneself, getting away with it or evading capture and that's before you even factor in any sexual element. It's just entirely different. I don't find it morbid, I find it fascinating. The compulsion to kill again and again, and the incredibly complex reasons that some serials give for why they do it will never cease to interest me. Some poor deluded fool who has been brainwashed into acting on behalf of a terrorist organization just doesn't have the same interest. I know their motivation no matter how they try and dress it up.
    To me the terrorists are just products of the world Government and they cite they do it for their religion but wars have been fought in the name of God since the dawn of time. To me God is a scapegoat and no reason to gun someone down over.

Give me someone like Albert Fish, Zodiac, Manson or Son of Sam over any one of these terrorist fucks.

Islamic terrorists are the most boring form of evil. Can't even remember half their archaic names. We need more interesting serial killers with cool names. Plus it gives cops something else to shoot at other than black males.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Islamic terrorists are the most boring form of evil. Can't even remember half their archaic names. We need more interesting serial killers with cool names. Plus it gives cops something else to shoot at other than black males.

Hear! Hear!!

Tired of hearing about dudes named Mohammed? LOL
    Minerva

Active Serial Killers Who Still Haven't Been Caught

The Serial Street Shooter

In the summer of 2016, police in Phoenix, Arizona began urgently searching for a murderer they dubbed the "Serial Street Shooter." From March to July, the assailant managed to kill seven people and wound two others (ranging in age from late teens to early 60s), each time with a semi-automatic handgun. The shooter always attacked at night, and was seen by multiple witnesses standing outside of his car. Although the killings all happened around the low-income neighborhood of Maryvale, none of the victims seem to be connected to each other or the suspect. The police department and district attorney's office announced they would offer a $30,000 reward to anyone with any information that could help them catch the Serial Street Shooter. MORE: http://www.ranker.com/list/ongoing-k...ike-rothschild

At least they gave him a name.

At least they gave him a name.
    Lol. Yeah.

http://www.aetv.com/shows/the-killin...on-1/episode-1

A&E's new serial killer documentary from the Director and Producer team of the Cropsey Documentary

Serial killer electrocutes himself in jail during sex act

You can't make this up. Happened in Germany

https://nypost.com/2018/07/25/serial...uring-sex-act/

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    You can't make this up. Happened in Germany

https://nypost.com/2018/07/25/serial...uring-sex-act/
    Thanks, Obama.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Damn - they should have to put warning labels on those cords.
    I'm gonna be a lot more careful from now on for sure.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

"Why do they have desk lamps in their cells?! They should be sitting in the dark! Did HE give a desk lamp to his VICTIMS?!"
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Serial killer from Lorain confesses to 90 deaths

Hopefully a lot of cold cases across the nation will be closed with this confession. Too bad he wasn't stopped long before now.

https://fox8.com/2018/11/16/serial-k...o-90-slayings/

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Thanks, Obama.
    LOL (oh snap )
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I am related to Kenneth Bianchi he is my dad's second cousin, however rumors in the family state he is my dads half brother same dad different moms
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I am related to Kenneth Bianchi he is my dad's second cousin, however rumors in the family state he is my dads half brother same dad different moms
    Wow!

Yeah I know Cindy I didnt find out until college when I had to a report on serial killers had two grandmas tell me , an aunt and an uncle and my dad, that we are related to him.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.