Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Freeman

Cherry Malotte Guest

Morgan Freeman

Nothing to see here
    Last edited by Cherry Malotte; 05-21-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Wow, that's too bad. He's one of my favorite actors. Hopefully he pulls thru okay. I just saw one of his movies over the weekend - "The Unforgiven" with Clint Eastwood.
    Last edited by Aries65; 08-04-2008 at 09:21 AM.

Noelle Page Guest
    Uh-oh, this sounds like initial reports of Princess Grace's accident. Prayers up for Morgan!

Morgan Freeman Has Car Accident In Mississippi

Actor Morgan Freeman is in serious condition after a car accident in rural Miss. Was airlifted to Memphis, and the female occupant of the car...her condidion unknown. All this from Fox News. Sending good wishes their way!

Sorry Noelle! You beat me to post by a few minutes. I did a quick search, but yours wasn't up yet. Merge me please, somebody....

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I'm just sick about this. I've loved Morgan since the Electric Company. I hope he and his passenger have the speediest of recoveries.

Hope he's ok, he's always been one of my favourites.

Auntie Vi Guest
    Ruleville is about 60 miles south of me.

lisalouver Guest
    I just saw it on People.

http://www.people.com/people/article...216749,00.html

Gosh I hope he is ok.

Oh, dear, he's one of my faves, hope he's ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

djdeath-hag Guest
    I really hope he's gonna be o.k., he is one of my favorite actors....what an amazing resume' he has!

Auntie Vi Guest

Find A Death Fan Guest

Actor Morgan Freeman is injured in car accident

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080804/...morgan_freeman

Actor Morgan Freeman is injured in car accident
    8 minutes ago

JACKSON, Miss. - Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman has been injured in car accident in Mississippi and is in a Memphis hospital.

Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer says Freeman is in serious condition.
    The hospital, commonly known as The Med, is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.
    Ashley Norris, manager of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale that is owned by Freeman, confirmed the actor was in a wreck. Norris said she had no other details.
    The accident apparently occurred in Tallahatchie County Mississippi, but the sheriff's department referred calls to the Mississippi Highway Patrol. A highway patrol spokesman was not immediately available for comment.
    Last edited by Find A Death Fan; 08-04-2008 at 09:45 AM.

lane4 Guest
    I love Morgan - I think he is well liked & respected by both Hollywood & non Hollywood people. I always wondered what the difference is between 'serious' and 'critical' condition so I pulled the definitions from Wiki:

Serious Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
    Critical Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
    Last edited by lane4; 08-04-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spacing

That sucks. I've always liked him.

panda Guest
    NO NO NO!!!! I love him, he is one of my favorite actors! I just watched The Bucket List, Bruce Almighty & Gone Baby Gone and we were commenting on how much we loved his work! I will definately include Morgan in my prayers.
    Last edited by panda; 08-04-2008 at 09:49 AM.

Morgan Freeman kicks at least seventeen different kinds of ass. C'mon, Mr. Freeman, you can kick this, too! *bites nails*
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

Nicki Guest
    Oh my gosh....hope he is going to be Ok! He is one of those rare and treasured Actors with that distinct wonderful voice of his that comes along in a lifetime. He just adds to the quality of a movie. Love the man. He has a farm or ranch in Tennesee and spends alot of time there.

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    I wish him a quick and speedy recovery as well. He should play god or the President in every movie ever made, just my opinion.

lisalouver Guest
    http://www.comcast.net/articles/movi...organ.Freeman/

Morgan was joking with the people who extricated him from the vehicle.

That is great!

It is good that his condition is listed as serious and not critical.

Hang in there guy!

Quote Originally Posted by lane4 View Post
    I love Morgan - I think he is well liked & respected by both Hollywood & non Hollywood people. I always wondered what the difference is between 'serious' and 'critical' condition so I pulled the definitions from Wiki:

Serious Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
    Critical Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
    still kind of hard to discern the difference. I just popped over to Imdb and I'd left it on Morgan Freeman while browsing around on there last night, kinda freaky...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Chevyheaven Guest
    I like Mr Freeman His last name rocks!! Hope you get better soon.

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    http://www.comcast.net/articles/movi...organ.Freeman/

Morgan was joking with the people who extricated him from the vehicle.

That is great!

It is good that his condition is listed as serious and not critical.

Hang in there guy!
    Thanks Lisa! I don't mean to kinda stray OT here, but the article you posted states that he won an oscar for Gone Baby Gone, which is great, however, I can't believe he didn't for Shawshank or Driving Miss Daisy! Of course I'm a little partial, those are 2 of my favorite movies!

Wow! Another thread about it!

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Wow! Another thread about it!
    You forgot something ARIES..................there!

A-train Guest
    Aw that sucks. I love Morgan Freeman. I love his voice, and Shawshank Redemption is definately one of my faves ever.

bloodrocuted Guest
    Ledger is dead. Bale is in trouble with the law. And now this? Did the Dark Knight put a curse on all its actors or something???

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodrocuted View Post
    Ledger is dead. Bale is in trouble with the law. And now this? Did the Dark Knight put a curse on all its actors or something???
    Wow, I never looked at it that way, great point........scarey!

This is one of the greatest movie scenes of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzfu5...eature=related

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Thanks Lisa! I don't mean to kinda stray OT here, but the article you posted states that he won an oscar for Gone Baby Gone, which is great, however, I can't believe he didn't for Shawshank or Driving Miss Daisy! Of course I'm a little partial, those are 2 of my favorite movies!
    I totally agree! I think a lot of people (myself included) feel he should have won for Shawshank. Kinda like Denzel Washington should have won for Hurricane and instead won for Training Day (both great movies, but IMO Hurricane was better).

Anyway, back to Morgan, way back when (summer of 1983) he filmed a movie here in Saint Paul with Emilo Estevez. It was the summer between 9th and 10th grade for me and one of my friends from homeroom was an extra in this movie!

I did not get to meet Morgan, but did get to see them filming most of his scenes. If you get the chance, check it out if you have not seen it. It's not the best movie, but I love it.

It's called That was then, this is now. It was one of the SE Hinton books.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090151/

A-train Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jma776 View Post

That's a really good movie. Dang I haven't seen that in years!

I♥TinyTim Guest
    OMG! We were just talking about him at work. (A co-worker of mine had gone to see a movie of his this past weekend, and he was in it - played an assassin.)

He is in my prayers! I hope he gets better soon! God, please don't take him from us...

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jma776 View Post

Yep that's a goody & Denzel is hot, but I like this one better, brought tears to my eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TjyR_3mUsM

Wednesday Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodrocuted View Post

A-train Guest
    Yep that's a goody & Denzel is hot, but I like this one better, brought tears to my eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TjyR_3mUsM

Oh totally. I love love love that movie! The part where Brooks hangs himself makes me just about cry every time.

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by A-train View Post
    Oh totally. I love love love that movie! The part where Brooks hangs himself makes me just about cry every time.
    I know, I don't care how many times I see it I always cry & say no Brooks, don't do it!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I am sooo flippin' upset! I love this guy and everything he touches turns to gold. I hope so much that he is O.K. I really don't want to see this guy end up in a cemetary. Such a waste. I am going to be depressed now....

Oh no! That sucks! I will watch anything with Morgan Freeman in it, if only to hear his voice. I hope he's alright.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Auntie Vi Guest
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...iss-car-wreck/

updated info from memphis Commercial Appeal

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    I love this guy!

I wish him all the best.

41. 08-04-2008, 11:45 AM

IrishBabe Guest
    Latest reports state he has a broken arm and shoulder, is in stable condition.

Sounds like he is going to be fine.

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...iss-car-wreck/

updated info from memphis Commercial Appeal
    YES! Says he's going to be alright!!!!

Wonder who the woman is that was in the car? Says he was driving her car. Wonder if she's alright?

Snudgie Guest
    Hope he's Ok...he can't die anyway.....he's God.....!!..Great actor...get well soon Mr F!

Actor Morgan Freeman In Car Crash

Don't know if this has been posted somewhere else apologies in advance if it has

7:23pm UK, Monday August 04, 2008
    Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman has been seriously injured in a car accident in Mississippi, US.

Morgan Freeman is in hospital after a car crash in the US

The Dark Knight star was airlifted to a hospital in the neighbouring state of Memphis from the scene of the crash on Sunday night.
    A spokeswoman for the Regional Medical Centre said the 71-year-old is in a serious condition.
    But his publicist has said Freeman suffered a broken shoulder and arm in the incident.
    Mississippi police said the accident occurred in Tallahatchie County, where Freeman has a home.
    Local media reported that his vehicle rolled over several times.
    Celebrity website TMZ.com said an unidentified female was also in the vehicle and her condition was unknown.
    Freeman, who has had roles in dozens of films, won a best supporting actor Oscar for the 2004 film, Million Dollar Baby, and appears in the current Batman hit The Dark Knight.
    Ashley Norris, manager of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale that is owned by Freeman, confirmed the actor had been involved in an accident but had no further details

Wednesday Guest
    Yay thread number 3!!

Merge please!

TheMysterian Guest
    I just read about it on CNN!

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    Yay thread number 3!!

Merge please!
    oops sorry just ignore mine then lol

YES! Says he's going to be alright!!!!

Wonder who the woman is that was in the car? Says he was driving her car.
    Miss Daisy?

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Miss Daisy?
    HA!!!!

Healing thoughts sent Morgan's way. Get well soon Easy Reader!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I read he was alright too. Still labeled serious...But stable. Man this sucks...